Nike Air VaporMax

Got my Oreo 2.0's in and man, some of you called it, things are not that great in person.

The knit portion of the shoe does compliment the air bag very well at all. Easy return back to NDC.

I'm on the fence if I'm going to return. The knit portion looks like a "dad sweater" to me.

nike-vapormax-chukka-slip-01.jpg

I really want to like one of these mash up pairs because I don't LOVE the standard Vapormax upper but sheesh.

Question: Why does Nike wrap their knit shoes with that film layer? It's all over the Vapormaxes and it looks gross. I'm sure there's a functional reasoning for it though.

I really want to like one of these mash up pairs because I don't LOVE the standard Vapormax upper but sheesh.

Question: Why does Nike wrap their knit shoes with that film layer? It's all over the Vapormaxes and it looks gross. I'm sure there's a functional reasoning for it though.
If something sharp edged clips or pinches your shoe it is likely to be at those parts and it prevents it getting ripped / protects your actual foot.

If something sharp edged clips or pinches your shoe it is likely to be at those parts and it prevents it getting ripped / protects your actual foot.

This. I've caught my air max 2015 down near the midsole and actually snipped the fly wire. Shoes never quite fit the same after that.

The hyperfuse is different on certain pairs. On the clots and nikelab shoes it's barely visible or significantly lower.

Either all volt with black pods or even a volt to smoke gradient midsole would’ve been nice.

wow its impressive !

Back in high school you had Bo Jackson, Agassi, Jordan, Robinson, Barkley, Penny so all those shoes were out. The big thing in school was to have Nike Air on your feet. Then I worked part-time at Champs during college. I remember the first day the Concords released. Met some good friends who are still friends to this day. Great memories. I still love shoes.

About socks...
The best match so far I've found is Balega Hidden Dry.
The right height to just stay over the ankle cuff. And a touch more material on the bottom of the foot to help cushion.

Back
Top Bottom