Nike Air VaporMax

Seems the SNKRS app has triple black re-stock.. the NIke app has another pair not available on the SNKRS app.. wtf

Waiting on my oreos....

Hmmmm. Heritage pair coming out in 24 hours here in Oz. To cop or not. The green looks more pastel than fluoro. Look like the old NL Oreos but with a touch of pale green.

image_e6f8eb98-51e2-47f9-858f-ca973f4a0b83_2048x2048.jpg

Easily my favourite colour, look better in person too.

Was on the fence on the Triple Noirs, now my size is sold out on NDC, so now I REALLY want them, augh! LOL. I guess I'll check the local stores.

Was on the fence on the Triple Noirs, now my size is sold out on NDC, so now I REALLY want them, augh! LOL. I guess I'll check the local stores.
If you are in the US, Nike has them.

Attachments

• 4F7EE984-038A-46E3-A170-1C69FBE89ED6.png
    4F7EE984-038A-46E3-A170-1C69FBE89ED6.png
    390.3 KB · Views: 34
  • F29EB702-308C-4366-9ADB-031F8EA84EB0.png
    F29EB702-308C-4366-9ADB-031F8EA84EB0.png
    656.5 KB · Views: 37
Can anyone give feedback on how these perform during a run?

I'm a pretty crappy runner (10 minute miles). My go to (and I haven't abandoned them) before Vapormax was the Flyknit Frees. These are definitely a step above those in cushioning and "bounciness" but not lightyears ahead by any means. Casually, I'd rather wear Flyknit Frees. The lateral movement in the Vapormaxes is a bit suspect, I think.

I did a review hundreds of pages back, but it got trimmed up badly due to the transition of this website.

In a nutshell, they felt good with a good balance of responsiveness, firmness and impact protection. Then as the miles ran deeper (150 miles in), it became softer to the point where it became too soft, and the initial bounce was going away. If you're a neutral runner or have very slight pronation, it'll work. If not, avoid. I got mine in at 200-205 miles in, all outdoors with 3-milers and 6-milers. Short distances are best. Don't go anywhere above 5 miles. My personal advice is to try out other running shoes. Definitely better than previous flagship Air Max shoes, which was a much-needed task, but there are better runners out there. It's a shame, because 30-50 miles in (which was the time I posted the long review), it felt great; it was feeling good at 100, and then once I hit 150 miles and went over, it just wasn't the same anymore.

The shoes have been retired from my rotation two months ago, hence the past tense verbiage.

Take my feedback with a grain of salt about its latter stages though. Our bodies change as we put on miles, and our needs/wants in a running shoe will want different kinds of comfort/support to run in. That happened to me. The dope thing is that when it comes to running in the shoes, you unlock a few levels of comfort in the shoe compared to when it's worn casually. The only downside of that is that it'll look beat to ****.

Last edited:
I'm a pretty crappy runner (10 minute miles). My go to (and I haven't abandoned them) before Vapormax was the Flyknit Frees. These are definitely a step above those in cushioning and "bounciness" but not lightyears ahead by any means. Casually, I'd rather wear Flyknit Frees. The lateral movement in the Vapormaxes is a bit suspect, I think.

As stated above, anything over a few miles, any air max sole isn't going to be best. Less energy return and too high off the ground. Look for something with zoom in it IMO. If your running shorter distances it all comes down to if you want something firm under your feet, air max, or something with more give to it, lunar soles. My advice would be try running in each and see what feels better. Nike gives you 30 days to try out shoes and return if you don't like so if you ha e the time and can float the money for a little bit go for it.

In regards to them wearing out quickly us3less us3less Nike was giving away a years supply of Pegasus a while back and it amounted to 4 pairs so with their math, running shoes with steady mileage on them are only useful for 3-4 months before they wear out. Some models will last longer or shorter depending on mileage but that's their loose guidelines from what I've gathered. A bit ridiculous to be dropping 200 on a new pair of vapormax for running every few months IMO.

As stated above, anything over a few miles, any air max sole isn't going to be best. Less energy return and too high off the ground. Look for something with zoom in it IMO. If your running shorter distances it all comes down to if you want something firm under your feet, air max, or something with more give to it, lunar soles. My advice would be try running in each and see what feels better. Nike gives you 30 days to try out shoes and return if you don't like so if you ha e the time and can float the money for a little bit go for it.

In regards to them wearing out quickly us3less us3less Nike was giving away a years supply of Pegasus a while back and it amounted to 4 pairs so with their math, running shoes with steady mileage on them are only useful for 3-4 months before they wear out. Some models will last longer or shorter depending on mileage but that's their loose guidelines from what I've gathered. A bit ridiculous to be dropping 200 on a new pair of vapormax for running every few months IMO.

Was this during the NRC "Just Do It Sunday" sweepstakes they had for a month or so? If not, then damn, I missed out! Yeah, it's like a $1 per mile that I spent for my running shoes. I started running in the shoes around mid-April, and got tired of them by June-July. F Frye2017 , definitely look into the Pegasus or Vomeros if we're talking about Nike running shoes. Lasts longer, and they're much more affordable! It's like scoring a quality hooker.

Wat?

Was this during the NRC "Just Do It Sunday" sweepstakes they had for a month or so? If not, then damn, I missed out! Yeah, it's like a $1 per mile that I spent for my running shoes. I started running in the shoes around mid-April, and got tired of them by June-July. F Frye2017 , definitely look into the Pegasus or Vomeros if we're talking about Nike running shoes. Lasts longer, and they're much more affordable! It's like scoring a quality hooker.

Wat?

Yea it was during one of those events. I personally run in Pegasus and love them because of the dual zoom in forefoot and heel. Heel zoom is a must for me in any running shoe. Pegasus and vomero ftw

I did a 4 mile run on concrete and i absolutely hated them at first.. they were super snug and tight because i hear to feel the air technology they have to be super snug on your feet. I tried relacing with with my foot in and it helped out a bunch.. however They felt like i was running barefoot on concrete thats how stiff they were.. not giving up i wore them around all day and on my second jog i noticed a little more give and some cusion.. im hoping it gets better from here on out but it looks like these may need to go back ..

SNKRS posted a womens MOC. Waiting on the men’s...

Attachments

• B2CDBFB3-D576-4011-9B2E-EE175ED81438.png
    B2CDBFB3-D576-4011-9B2E-EE175ED81438.png
    500.7 KB · Views: 14
These are sleepers IMO. Wasn’t expecting to like them as much as I did when I cracked that box open. I’d go so far as to say they’re my second fav VM pickup behind the Oreo 1.0.
I though they looked nice on Nike App.

Attachments

• 25F84D37-40B3-4DA1-BE5E-193654D0EA34.png
    25F84D37-40B3-4DA1-BE5E-193654D0EA34.png
    784.5 KB · Views: 33
Damn. Only olive moc in women’s are up on snkrs.

I’m wairing for the multi knit pair to drop already. In men’s.

Same. Second time I’ve done this. Smh. Anyone know where a 10.5 is available in triple blacks

Back
Top Bottom