Nike Air VaporMax

Do you have wide feet ARK?

I didn't think I did. I wear size 12s for most everything except for a select few. Size 12 Jordan retros 4, 5 and 11. Size 12 Air Tech Challenges. A few shoes I had to get 13s like the Air Trainer 3 from a couple years ago. I had to do a 12.5 on the Command Force from a couple years ago. Air Max 95 had to be a 13 as well.

Looking to scoop a pair of Vapormax for myself. Got my wife a pair for Christmas & she loves them. The CWs are very limited for men in stores. I would really like to try them on before I drop the do Rey mes on them. How the fit run in these, normally wear an 11.5 in everything else.

TTS for me, but I don't have wide feet. Although if you're nervous, .5 up will work, too. Although you may be best ordering TTS and .5 from a place that has a good/free return policy. Probably wouldn't hurt to purchase from a Foot Locker in whatever color they have in your size and just return them to a brick and mortar if you have to.

For reference TTS 9.5:

I go TTS on:
Jordan 1s
Vapormax
newer AM1s, 90s, and 97s
unpadded Flyknit Trainers
UBs 3.0 and 4.0

.5 up to a 10 on:
Flyknit Racers
UB 1.0s
non leather lined Gel Lyte 3s and on Gel Lyte Vs

Thanks for all the feedback. Now trying to find a CW in my size. Really like the OG that dropped over the weekend but trying to find them at retail is becoming near impossible.

Thanks for all the feedback. Now trying to find a CW in my size. Really like the OG that dropped over the weekend but trying to find them at retail is becoming near impossible.

What size were you going to go with? I can try to find you one.

Sneaking this in before it's 2018 on the west coast... my favorite color of the shoe and also my favorite shoe of 2017. If I was excited for these shoes for 4 weeks straight prior to 3/26, I don't see why any other shoe should be #1 on my list.

To do a quick recap of why it's my favorite shoe, it's 'cause I just love this shoe overall. The aesthetic look to it is amazing, I love the fit and feel of it, and this was the shoe that was lodged in my head to run 3- and 6-milers. I accumulated 200 miles (a dollar per mile, I guess we can say). Although it did disappoint in the cushioning durability department for running, it is still one hell of a shoe. My runner-up is the Vaporfly, because well... if you haven't run in it and you run, give them a try; trust me.

Happy New Year to everyone around!

38713862954_4b7dc0ffda_b.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing yet from my end. I did spot the Heritage: OG colorway at my local Nike store. They look amazing. If anyone wants to know how it compares to the NikeLab Oreo, I will echo what everyone said before... it's the Oreo + black and red accents.

Comparison pictures... the difference in lighting doesn't help. The top one is under fluorescent lighting while the bottom one is under incandescent lighting.

24573524667_fec760fe76_b.jpg

27662720949_86a14384a7_b.jpg

By the way, for those who remembered my post about letting a lot of my shoes go... I decided to keep the NikeLab Oreo Vapormax over the Glacier Blue Vapormax. They are both super nice, but I can wear more colors with the Oreo color. :D

1/18 in Finishline is the hyper punch pink Vapormax for women.

I think the Vapormax Plus is that Hybrid Vapormax sole under the Air Max Plus like upper. In other words it’s garbage.

Thanks for all the feedback, found the OG Vapormax CW that dropped last week, went with TTS of an 11.5. If they do not fit, I’ll just return them to a local store.

1/18 in Finishline is the hyper punch pink Vapormax for women.

I think the Vapormax Plus is that Hybrid Vapormax sole under the Air Max Plus like upper. In other words it’s garbage.

Sounds dope to me.

Interesting observation I had. I don't see snow much and decided to wear VM a bit in Europe.

Compared to most sneakers I've worn in the snow in the past traction was actually pretty good. I credit the broken up bags of course.

Snow did stick to the bottom sometimes between the gaps but for general walking around briefly it was okay.

Here is a pic from Lichenstien.

IMG_6146.JPG

IMG_6129.JPG

TF you doing in Liechtenstein? I've driven through a couple times but unless you're a banker or know people...

Here is what I’m referring to. The plastic piece that mates the air bag with the upper. It looks greenish and I think if it was white it would’ve give a much better aesthetic. Additionally white traction pods on the air bag would’ve been great too.

E17D37FF-7889-4923-9E01-D3D4DA16B70B.jpeg
Liked the TW CW in theory but in practice with the blue tint airbags it isn't as nice for me.

Wearing around my Triple Noirs over christmas and really like the CW, goes with anything I wear even at my smart casual office

My guess is the Utilities are not water proof and not very warm for winter. They don't look like it at least.

My guess is the Utilities are not water proof and not very warm for winter. They don't look like it at least.

I sent a message to the NikeStore Twitter handle, and they said it does NOT have a water repellent coating on it unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom