Nike Air Yeezy 2 Black / Pink Best Photo Yet Page 1 Vol. LOOK AT THAT SNAKE SHAKE! Updated Nov 1st

Dude on the other site said: Expect a wider release(some stores you wouldn't expect) with more pairs and gs sizes. So only time will tell with this release.

mrfantasticj, may not have to camp as hard as expected for these. 

Dude on the other site said: Expect a wider release(some stores you wouldn't expect) with more pairs and gs sizes. So only time will tell with this release.

mrfantasticj, may not have to camp as hard as expected for these. 

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by doyung9

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Its not hype, its just the market

They'll be more of these than both the South Beaches and the Nerfs.

10,000 per colorway.

Not to mention, at the end of the day, despite what you think, this shoe doesn't have the appeal that a LeBron James shoe has or the Air Jordan 11 in the white/black/concord colorway. Trust me, you offer someone $500-600 first day, they might not take it.

7 days later, they'll reconsider.

You guys forget that while many a person on this message board is a "sneakerhead" or whatever you call yourselves/each other, most Kanye fans are probably not that and are not willing to pay $XXXX.XX for his sneakers. Also, the "hood" is not going to go all overboard for this shoe like they do for retro basketball sneakers. You guys really are freaking yourselves out. The odds are not in your favor to get a pair at retail. That's just simple math. But that doesn't mean they'll be impossible to acquire.

The collaboration shoe he did with Louis Vuitton... those were hard to acquire. On top of them being offered to VIC before the general public, they RETAILED at $970-1140. Not every Louis Vuitton got them (There are way less Louis Vuitton stores than Foot Locker/FootAction/Boutiques)... and you can STILL find those every now and then.

I mean obviously, you guys in Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, all the ridiculously big metropolitan cities are going to see some mass hysteria, but it's like that for EVERYTHING in you guys cities. Playstation 3, Elmo, etc.
laugh.gif

I stand by my original theory. Skip some Foam Pros, Retros, and LeBrons that you DON'T NEED, and you'll get your Yeezy 2's.

While you do make some good points, I got to disagree on a couple. First, doesn't have the appeal of a lebron or Jordan retro? The yeezy is arguably the best new sneaker design that Nike/JB has produced since the late 90s IMO. The design has everything I like, funky patterns, hot colorway, and I guess most important for me is no high medial side arch that seems to be on every new sneaker now!!!The name of the game is paying retail. That's where panic and hysteria come in because everyone wants to cop at retail. If everyone who missed out intially could afford resell price then no one would panic. Of course, anything is obtainable if you got the dough.
I agree with you. Design wise, the Yeezy 1 and Yeezy 2 are far more appealing than anything "new" Nike's done in some time... including the LeBron 9 and everyone's favorite, the LeBron 8. We agree there. What I'm saying, which was by making the point that not everyone's a sneakerhead in my previous post, is that Kanye West is not as popular as LeBron James. You've got to stop thinking like someone who's "in the know" and just think like the general consumer. We like 'Ye, whether it be because of the music, his personality, his style, a combination of them all, etc... but believe it or not, we are the minority in terms of buying his $200+ price point sneaker. I've worked in specialty retail for some time now.

More kids know about the new LeBron's or the new Jordans than the Yeezis.

Because the Yeezis aren't worn on the court. They aren't worn by anyone ahead of time but Kanye. Meek Mill isn't gonna have the Yeezis on at his next show. Rick Ross won't have them on in the next video on WorldStar. And as hard as it is to believe... the people rioting outside of malls across America for Jordans.. the REALLY WILD ones... they aren't on NiceKicks all the time. They don't visit NikeTalk or hypebeast. There is still a large group of people who get their information on sneakers and such from the guy who runs the local "cool" store in town or from their "cool" little cousin.

I'm only going into so much detail because as corny as it can sound, I consider all you guys on NT as "peers" and I'd rather you guys be informed and know the real than what you might get fed by someone who see's themselves as an "insider". There are still kids in the world who think they're going to find the South Beach 8's at retail.

In the simplest terms, this is a "specialty" shoe for a smaller demographic. The Air Jordan Retro 11 was for everyone from the nostalgic 25+ year old (myself and my generation) to the young kid who's identity is defined by "swag/sneakerhead" trend currently going on (14-18 year olds).

10,000 pairs per color?? C'mon son!! Where did you get your info from?
A pretty reliable source. That's not that many, I know the number jumped out at you, but there were over 500,000 pair of the Concord's (apparently), so 10,000 per colorway doesn't seem that far fetched. There were 3,000 per color last time and this one is going to be more available, so if you want to average it out, let's say 6,000 per color. Still not bad. If my source is wrong, which is completely possible then I apologize.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by doyung9

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Its not hype, its just the market

They'll be more of these than both the South Beaches and the Nerfs.

10,000 per colorway.

Not to mention, at the end of the day, despite what you think, this shoe doesn't have the appeal that a LeBron James shoe has or the Air Jordan 11 in the white/black/concord colorway. Trust me, you offer someone $500-600 first day, they might not take it.

7 days later, they'll reconsider.

You guys forget that while many a person on this message board is a "sneakerhead" or whatever you call yourselves/each other, most Kanye fans are probably not that and are not willing to pay $XXXX.XX for his sneakers. Also, the "hood" is not going to go all overboard for this shoe like they do for retro basketball sneakers. You guys really are freaking yourselves out. The odds are not in your favor to get a pair at retail. That's just simple math. But that doesn't mean they'll be impossible to acquire.

The collaboration shoe he did with Louis Vuitton... those were hard to acquire. On top of them being offered to VIC before the general public, they RETAILED at $970-1140. Not every Louis Vuitton got them (There are way less Louis Vuitton stores than Foot Locker/FootAction/Boutiques)... and you can STILL find those every now and then.

I mean obviously, you guys in Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, all the ridiculously big metropolitan cities are going to see some mass hysteria, but it's like that for EVERYTHING in you guys cities. Playstation 3, Elmo, etc.
laugh.gif

I stand by my original theory. Skip some Foam Pros, Retros, and LeBrons that you DON'T NEED, and you'll get your Yeezy 2's.

While you do make some good points, I got to disagree on a couple. First, doesn't have the appeal of a lebron or Jordan retro? The yeezy is arguably the best new sneaker design that Nike/JB has produced since the late 90s IMO. The design has everything I like, funky patterns, hot colorway, and I guess most important for me is no high medial side arch that seems to be on every new sneaker now!!!The name of the game is paying retail. That's where panic and hysteria come in because everyone wants to cop at retail. If everyone who missed out intially could afford resell price then no one would panic. Of course, anything is obtainable if you got the dough.
I agree with you. Design wise, the Yeezy 1 and Yeezy 2 are far more appealing than anything "new" Nike's done in some time... including the LeBron 9 and everyone's favorite, the LeBron 8. We agree there. What I'm saying, which was by making the point that not everyone's a sneakerhead in my previous post, is that Kanye West is not as popular as LeBron James. You've got to stop thinking like someone who's "in the know" and just think like the general consumer. We like 'Ye, whether it be because of the music, his personality, his style, a combination of them all, etc... but believe it or not, we are the minority in terms of buying his $200+ price point sneaker. I've worked in specialty retail for some time now.

More kids know about the new LeBron's or the new Jordans than the Yeezis.

Because the Yeezis aren't worn on the court. They aren't worn by anyone ahead of time but Kanye. Meek Mill isn't gonna have the Yeezis on at his next show. Rick Ross won't have them on in the next video on WorldStar. And as hard as it is to believe... the people rioting outside of malls across America for Jordans.. the REALLY WILD ones... they aren't on NiceKicks all the time. They don't visit NikeTalk or hypebeast. There is still a large group of people who get their information on sneakers and such from the guy who runs the local "cool" store in town or from their "cool" little cousin.

I'm only going into so much detail because as corny as it can sound, I consider all you guys on NT as "peers" and I'd rather you guys be informed and know the real than what you might get fed by someone who see's themselves as an "insider". There are still kids in the world who think they're going to find the South Beach 8's at retail.

In the simplest terms, this is a "specialty" shoe for a smaller demographic. The Air Jordan Retro 11 was for everyone from the nostalgic 25+ year old (myself and my generation) to the young kid who's identity is defined by "swag/sneakerhead" trend currently going on (14-18 year olds).

10,000 pairs per color?? C'mon son!! Where did you get your info from?
A pretty reliable source. That's not that many, I know the number jumped out at you, but there were over 500,000 pair of the Concord's (apparently), so 10,000 per colorway doesn't seem that far fetched. There were 3,000 per color last time and this one is going to be more available, so if you want to average it out, let's say 6,000 per color. Still not bad. If my source is wrong, which is completely possible then I apologize.

im a noob n gotta dumb ? but what stores do these drop at? im guessing ultra exclusive n nowhere close to me lol online ndc?

im a noob n gotta dumb ? but what stores do these drop at? im guessing ultra exclusive n nowhere close to me lol online ndc?

Originally Posted by PoLoNiKe

Originally Posted by G o D Jewels

Just to clarify, I don't know anything more than any of you about the release.

I put together a networking group for Chicago NTers to share info/help each other when March hits.

We about 10 members strong at the moment. The more people, the better.
Please add me. I am in Chicago and would love to be apart of the network.

Thanks in Advance.

can i get in on this? chicago stand up! 
pimp.gif
 smell the roses!

Originally Posted by PoLoNiKe

Originally Posted by G o D Jewels

Just to clarify, I don't know anything more than any of you about the release.

I put together a networking group for Chicago NTers to share info/help each other when March hits.

We about 10 members strong at the moment. The more people, the better.
Please add me. I am in Chicago and would love to be apart of the network.

Thanks in Advance.

can i get in on this? chicago stand up! 
pimp.gif
 smell the roses!

Any Florida NTers out there willing to link up to obtain pairs?

Dont want to walk away empty handed like the 1st Air Yeezys

Any Florida NTers out there willing to link up to obtain pairs?

Dont want to walk away empty handed like the 1st Air Yeezys

Back
Top Bottom