Nike Air Yeezy Red October 2 Thread Officially Released VIA NDC 2/9. No BUYING/SELLING/TRADING.

for those that are paying resell prices for the ROs (3000 plus)....

how do you justify paying that much for a pair of shoes that really aren't that rare?

now if you're rich, i get it, because spending that much is all relative in a sense.  but for the average joe's, even above-average joe's, i just don' see it.
and as a disclaimer, i'm not hating or anything. if you've followed the thread you know that i own a pair.  some guy locally offered me his car for my ROs the other day, his only car!!

just trying to understand

a shoe produced in the what, 4,000 pair range is definitely THAT rare.

There are lots of Nikes that are rarer than the Yeezys... their high prices are more tied into celebrity appeal and to a certain extent people enjoying owning something so outlandishly expensive.

for those that are paying resell prices for the ROs (3000 plus)....

how do you justify paying that much for a pair of shoes that really aren't that rare?

now if you're rich, i get it, because spending that much is all relative in a sense.  but for the average joe's, even above-average joe's, i just don' see it.
and as a disclaimer, i'm not hating or anything. if you've followed the thread you know that i own a pair.  some guy locally offered me his car for my ROs the other day, his only car!!

just trying to understand

The Y2's are always an interesting topic to me.
Those that know me personally know I heavily collect PE's/Samples & prices on those models don't come cheap. For LeBrons, the average # of pairs per style could be 500 or less (estimate) & AJ's less than 20 (estimate, most cases way less, dependent on version).

Most friends will always say that's a lot for one shoe, I could never pay that. But i see all this insanity & those same people paying that for Y2's. I would rather pay $3000 for a shoe with only 14 pairs made in my size versus let's say in this case a Red AY2.

I think most people pay the premium for Y2's because they know they can still profit on the pair down the line (At $3k or under) or they want it because its extremely limited, will get recognition for owning it or to them that's what let's say a "Undefeated AJ4" would to be to me.

So in essence I do agree that I would not pay a premium for a AY2 but rather a PE/Sample due to it's uniqueness, history & quality. But a majority of the population does not have those connections or choices like me, so the AY2 is "the" premium shoe to them.

PO

Last edited:
Also, the Red AY2's are still an extremely limited shoe as far as released models from Nike. But there were more made of this style than the previous two. Will not make it easier to obtain by any means, but not as limited as the first two. FYI.

PO

Last edited:
Those that know me personally know I heavily collect PE's/Samples & prices on those models don't come cheap. For LeBrons, the average # of pairs per style could be 500 or less (estimate) & AJ's less than 20 (estimate, most cases way less, dependent on version).

Most friends will always say that's a lot for one shoe, I could never pay that. But i see all this insanity & those same people paying that for Y2's. I would rather pay $3000 for a shoe with only 14 pairs made in my size versus let's say in this case a Red AY2.

I think most people pay the premium for Y2's because they know they can still profit on the pair down the line (At $3k or under) or they want it because its extremely limited, will get recognition for owning it or to them that's what let's say a "Undefeated AJ4" would to be to me.

So in essence I do agree that I would not pay a premium for a AY2 but rather a PE/Sample due to it's uniqueness, history & quality. But a majority of the population does not have those connections or choices like me, so the AY2 is "the" premium shoe to them.

PO
Thx for the info brodie. That humble brag doe. 
nthat.gif

You still got those Y2 samples?  
nerd.gif

PO

PO
I totally understand with what you're saying owning a few pairs of PEs myself. I think for me I am just a fan of the Yeezy 2. I have the RO and Plat and paid resale for both. It was hard biting the bullet, but in the end I'm happy with my purchase, because of how much I love the way the shoe looks on foot. I feel like for many people on here its the same thing, but some are getting them because they're "limited" and they're really not that limited compared to the samples they could get. I've also seen a lot of people try and get them just to show off on Instagram.

:lol: u bugging... u can go out and see 4-5 dudes rocking the ROs? ok. :stoneface:

haha I live in the bay area (a hypebeast area) and countless times going to SF, living in Oakland, going to San Jose etc I am the only person I've seen rocking the Yeezys. People literally stop me on the street so they can look at them.

great comparison video. for all things considered, they got alot of things right on the latest Reps. mark my words, now that a video like this is out, sites will improve the flaws and pass these off as grey market authentics :x if theyre faking DB 3s and 9s and those have alot more details than these do, its a WRAP. theyre even faking Oregon 3s and 4s now

No problem everyone.
Money, I do not have the Y2's samples anymore. Sold.
Also, I try to follow this thread regularly, because i like to read about the success stories, etc
Will a restock occur? I'm not sure.
Will the cancelled pairs be restocked? 100% NO, that will not occur. Those pairs have already been allocated.

Also, 4-5 randoms wearing the Red AY2's? :lol:
There a ton of fakes out there, so that could be the reason, you are seeing so many pairs. These are NOT a WTK 8 or Fear 5.

The AY line was great. I love them all & hope to add the RO's to the collection one day. There are a lot of genuine people like that & i do not knock anyone of them. If you like the shoe, buy it, own it!

PO

Last edited:
Make up your mind...did everyday Joe's get 100% of them? Where did Kendrick and Skylar get their pairs then?

Actually, nothing about what you're saying makes any sense.

You will just have to agree to disagree. There is easily over 100,000+ people in the "shoe game" and out of 100,000+ who would prob cop them if given a chance there was only 2-3,000 (supposedly) pairs available? That's rare imo.

Back
Top Bottom