Nike Air Yeezy Red October 2 Thread Officially Released VIA NDC 2/9. No BUYING/SELLING/TRADING.

Make up your mind...did everyday Joe's get 100% of them? Where did Kendrick and Skylar get their pairs then?

Actually, nothing about what you're saying makes any sense.
if you go back and read what i actually said you'd understand 100% better.

i said 100% of the pairs BOUGHT FROM NIKE ON 2/9 went to average joes.

the celebs paid resell

The Y2's are always an interesting topic to me.
Those that know me personally know I heavily collect PE's/Samples & prices on those models don't come cheap. For LeBrons, the average # of pairs per style could be 500 or less (estimate) & AJ's less than 20 (estimate, most cases way less, dependent on version).

Most friends will always say that's a lot for one shoe, I could never pay that. But i see all this insanity & those same people paying that for Y2's. I would rather pay $3000 for a shoe with only 14 pairs made in my size versus let's say in this case a Red AY2.

I think most people pay the premium for Y2's because they know they can still profit on the pair down the line (At $3k or under) or they want it because its extremely limited, will get recognition for owning it or to them that's what let's say a "Undefeated AJ4" would to be to me.

So in essence I do agree that I would not pay a premium for a AY2 but rather a PE/Sample due to it's uniqueness, history & quality. But a majority of the population does not have those connections or choices like me, so the AY2 is "the" premium shoe to them.

PO
its funny because samples were always an interesting topic to me. I remember you posting back in the day. The first samples I saw were probably either from you, dependable jay or jersey joe, I cant remember. But I agree with what you said. Most of us do not have those kinds of connections for samples. The major factor with the yeezy 2 is ego. The sneaker culture was always big dont get me wrong but i feel like the yeezy 2 was released on the cusp of this "game" blowing up. I landed yeezy 1s with no problem. I feel like with instagram or whatever else its just gotten so much bigger than it ever was. Having the yeezy 2s is about pride because although there so SO many rarer shoes that can be had for a fraction of the resell price, everyone knows the yeezy 2, inside and outside of the sneaker culture. so from a standpoint of a collector most likely just starting out, the yeezy 2 is THE shoe that makes them feel legit. 

my question to you is, although its personal and i dont expect a direct response...how do you or especially a guy like dependable jay, get so many samples? i apologize i dont know your collection that well, but til this day dependables still makes my jaw drop. even if he is being hooked up, the amount of money he has to spend on the things he gets has to be astronomical. does jay really have it like that or are his connections that good that make his buys affordable?

Fair enough. You've seen 3 to 5 people wearing them, either in pictures or with your own two eyes, we're not sure.

Doesn't mean they're not rare.

But I'll step away, I don't think anyone else is following your logic either, so whatever.

I have only seen three pairs of Solar Y2(one is my pair) and a pair of tan Y1, up close.

Last edited:
I have only seen three pairs of Solar Y2(one is my pair) and a pair of tan Y1, up close.

yeah, about 2-3,000 pairs spread around the US and Europe pretty much guarantees you will not see 5 people wearing 100% authentic RO's at a Bobcats game lol.

i never seen anyone wearing yeezys ever lol 
This amazes me...

But now that i think about it the only ones i have seen were on a celeb or industry friend. I have yet to see an average joe rocking them "REAL OR FAKE" 

Bruh..i get your drift and see what you're getting at.

But comparing a Bobcats game to the All Star game? Come on man!
thats the f'n point i'm trying to make but again, people want to be right, so they go off on these rants.

putting it on everything, i saw at least 5 dudes with them on at the last Bobcats game.

and no, a Bobcats game IS NOT an all star game.  so that's why they don't seem that rare to me.

i didn't do a side by side comparison, but the pairs appeared to be authentic.

i can vouch that at least 2 of the 5 were authentic because they were worn by these "well off" kids (ages 15) who are well known here.

so i guess "rare" is relative as well.  cause i've never seen a Bentley Mulsanne in person and seeing one would be a "rare" occasion here in Charlotte.  But folks in LA probably see 3 a day and would describe them as limited not rare

yeah, about 2-3,000 pairs spread around the US and Europe pretty much guarantees you will not see 5 people wearing 100% authentic RO's at a Bobcats game lol.

so 2-3000 pair spread across the US and Europe, yet about 100 NT members copped!!!

next........
So wait, are you claiming that they actually produced many more pairs than 2-3k worldwide just because NTers scored pairs? Really? That's hilarious!

So wait, are you claiming that they actually produced many more pairs than 2-3k worldwide just because NTers scored pairs? Really? That's hilarious!
yes, i think more than 3000 were produced.

where's the link to the article stating only 3k were produced?

man, a shoe is rare when fakes go for over a G
laugh.gif
I don't think it's just the rarity that causes people to pay a G for a fake(Which is scary). But I think the whole story behind it being Kanye's last sneaker w/ Nike has a huge reason to do w/ it. But who ever knowingly pays over a G for a fake sneaker is a scary person.

Back
Top Bottom