Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

Bro you have 30 days to try them out, what’s the rush? Not trying to change your mind but a lot of us NTers like to test out shoes and I think almost all of us will give most shoes a few test runs before issuing out a final verdict.

Actually...

4CE07741-7834-474F-8160-5A7401BEB2F8.jpeg

Really want the Lakers colorway of the Bron 17’s. But for some reason I can’t pull the trigger even with the sale bringing them to $120 plus a $25 voucher I have on top. I want to wear them casually before using them on court, but white soles outside is a big no no.

Ended up getting a pair of Greek freaks for $58. Not bad since I chose the Kyrie low 2s over these a couple weeks ago. Wifey finna be pissed that more shoes keep getting delivered after I told her I’d tone it down after the Bred 11’s :lol:

Got the black iridescent colorway. Couldn’t do those colorway with half icy half solid outsole. I can always use these as beaters when I lift

Last edited:
Right now I'm still hooping in the PG1, PG2 and D Rose 7. I'll mix in the Jordan 29s. Still have freak 1s, don issue 1's and dame 5s waiting to be played in. smh. Luckily the PG2 is on its way out.

Just finished getting in my first run in the Jordan 34’s.

WOWW!

Thats easily the best performing shoe I’ve played in in the last 10 years and I’ve played in just about everything.

That shoe is as close to flawless as it gets for me.

I was considering picking up a pair of Lebron 17’s but I think I’ll pass and pick up another pair of 34’s when they’re on steeper discount.

Kobe Protro 4’s and 5’s as well as my beloved KD 12’s are all behind The 34’s in my rotation now.

Just finished getting in my first run in the Jordan 34’s.

WOWW!

Thats easily the best performing shoe I’ve played in in the last 10 years and I’ve played in just about everything.

That shoe is as close to flawless as it gets for me.

I was considering picking up a pair of Lebron 17’s but I think I’ll pass and pick up another pair of 34’s when they’re on steeper discount.

Kobe Protro 4’s and 5’s as well as my beloved KD 12’s are all behind The 34’s in my rotation now.
Any shoe you can compare it to?

Any shoe you can compare it to?

That's a tough one. I wouldn't compare it to any one shoe directly but its got the best elements of a number of shoes:

Traction: whatever your all time favorite traction is, the 34's are equal to or better than that. Stop on a dime every time, no wiping needed at all.

Cushion: Less bouncy in the forefoot than the WhyNotZer0.2's, but more bouncy zoom than the Jordan 32's (and none of that stiffness) with about the same responsiveness as the 32's if that makes sense. Excellent court feel even with the substantial zoom. Not kyrie or curry level court feel but still really solid to where you don't feel like you're high off the ground.

Fit: The fit on the 34's is unique, but when I think of best fit I've ever had in a shoe, my mind first goes to the Kobe 8's then to the Crazy explosive '16 lows So the 34's fit just as good as those did. If you played in the CE 16's think that feeling of your foot sitting in a boat of boost. Not nearly as mushy (it doesn't feel like boost AT ALL) but that feeling of you foot being wrapped in the cushion as opposed to the cushion just sitting under your foot--- thats the 34's. Very snug, but I personally like a snug fit.

Heel to Toe transition: They really remind me of the Kyrie 4's in this category. Kinda rounded, super smooth transition that just feels natural and zero clunkiness in my opinion.

These comparisons probably didn't help you at all but thats just what came to mind...

Only knock on the 34 for me is the lacing system. Feels cheap, fragile (proven by some here), and the only place you can really crank down is the part that goes through the tongue.

^I've heard this as well, which is a shame!

The 34 is still on my list... I've been tempted, but trying to hold out for a deeper discount. Last Jordan sig I gamed was the XXX which I actually enjoyed as much or more than the XX9, which was against the consensus. I felt like the XXX had slightly better heel compression and the containment was better for playing ball, despite losing a little step-in comfort from the upper.

I'm still let down by the zoom durability issues with the XX8... that shoe was legendary for me as far as cushion, traction, transition. But I just couldn't hang on to my extra couple pairs with the durability risk. Hats off to anyone who is still playing in them with no issues :lol:

P.S. love this thread :nthat:

That's a tough one. I wouldn't compare it to any one shoe directly but its got the best elements of a number of shoes:

Traction: whatever your all time favorite traction is, the 34's are equal to or better than that. Stop on a dime every time, no wiping needed at all.

Cushion: Less bouncy in the forefoot than the WhyNotZer0.2's, but more bouncy zoom than the Jordan 32's (and none of that stiffness) with about the same responsiveness as the 32's if that makes sense. Excellent court feel even with the substantial zoom. Not kyrie or curry level court feel but still really solid to where you don't feel like you're high off the ground.

Fit: The fit on the 34's is unique, but when I think of best fit I've ever had in a shoe, my mind first goes to the Kobe 8's then to the Crazy explosive '16 lows So the 34's fit just as good as those did. If you played in the CE 16's think that feeling of your foot sitting in a boat of boost. Not nearly as mushy (it doesn't feel like boost AT ALL) but that feeling of you foot being wrapped in the cushion as opposed to the cushion just sitting under your foot--- thats the 34's. Very snug, but I personally like a snug fit.

Heel to Toe transition: They really remind me of the Kyrie 4's in this category. Kinda rounded, super smooth transition that just feels natural and zero clunkiness in my opinion.

These comparisons probably didn't help you at all but thats just what came to mind...
Great write up. CE16 were a favorite of mine (prime knit). You go up on the sizing from that pair? I need to try 34’s.

My first pair of ZF1’s came in. Man they’ve could’ve done a better job with the materials. PG1 was same price point for a entry shoe and they had nice quality. Hopefully these perform like the AD Exodus, one of my favorite shoes from last season, just sucks that the traction doesn’t last on those
9F2EBB6A-774D-43BB-9091-FF39F61CE789.jpeg

And I already know the mixed traction reviews are true just by looking at the rose pattern. The design is fine but even the solid sole they should’ve made the rose peddle trenches more deeper.
4449E814-1B87-4939-99B7-1A580C7FDFC0.jpeg

My first pair of ZF1’s came in. Man they’ve could’ve done a better job with the materials. PG1 was same price point for a entry shoe and they had nice quality. Hopefully these perform like the AD Exodus, one of my favorite shoes from last season, just sucks that the traction doesn’t last on those
9F2EBB6A-774D-43BB-9091-FF39F61CE789.jpeg

And I already know the mixed traction reviews are true just by looking at the rose pattern. The design is fine but even the solid sole they should’ve made the rose peddle trenches more deeper.
4449E814-1B87-4939-99B7-1A580C7FDFC0.jpeg
Ad exodus actually had squishy soft foam IMO and the big heel zoom. Feel like cushion setup much better than the freak 1’s.

Great write up. CE16 were a favorite of mine (prime knit). You go up on the sizing from that pair? I need to try 34’s.

I had the non-primeknit ones. The material they used on those was like a super soft synthetic, that I thought was nearly as comfortable as prime knit. I went TTS in those. 34's also have a bit of a Harden 2 feel fit wise. I didn't size up in those either but I could definitely see why some people would want to.

Ad exodus actually had squishy soft foam IMO and the big heel zoom. Feel like cushion setup much better than the freak 1’s.
That’s why I loved the exodus, great court feel, probably the best foot fit I’ve ever had, and the rounded heel zoom was comfy.
The good thing about the Zf1 is that I feel the double stack zoom right away, but then again I feel the way it’s positioned, vertically. I’ll see how it plays out tomorrow.
And there’s no way a man that tall and at that weight is playing in these with no forefoot zoom :lol:. I want someone to get a pair of his game won PE’s and spilt it in half so we can see his set up

Only knock on the 34 for me is the lacing system. Feels cheap, fragile (proven by some here), and the only place you can really crank down is the part that goes through the tongue.

Yeah I can definitely see where people had issues but the fit is so snug that I didn't feel the need to choke them up super tight.

I just laced up to the top holes and tied them up regularly and was good to go.

Back
Top Bottom