Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

That's a tough one. I wouldn't compare it to any one shoe directly but its got the best elements of a number of shoes:

Traction: whatever your all time favorite traction is, the 34's are equal to or better than that. Stop on a dime every time, no wiping needed at all.

Cushion: Less bouncy in the forefoot than the WhyNotZer0.2's, but more bouncy zoom than the Jordan 32's (and none of that stiffness) with about the same responsiveness as the 32's if that makes sense. Excellent court feel even with the substantial zoom. Not kyrie or curry level court feel but still really solid to where you don't feel like you're high off the ground.

Fit: The fit on the 34's is unique, but when I think of best fit I've ever had in a shoe, my mind first goes to the Kobe 8's then to the Crazy explosive '16 lows So the 34's fit just as good as those did. If you played in the CE 16's think that feeling of your foot sitting in a boat of boost. Not nearly as mushy (it doesn't feel like boost AT ALL) but that feeling of you foot being wrapped in the cushion as opposed to the cushion just sitting under your foot--- thats the 34's. Very snug, but I personally like a snug fit.

Heel to Toe transition: They really remind me of the Kyrie 4's in this category. Kinda rounded, super smooth transition that just feels natural and zero clunkiness in my opinion.

These comparisons probably didn't help you at all but thats just what came to mind...
What colorway did u get? I got the first cw the green joints, I ended up sending em back to Nike. For full msrp I wanted to love them.... I can’t say I’m all the way out on them but I didn’t love them and I definitely disagree with how u felt about their traction so maybe I should give a diff colorway a try. I think aesthetically they’re amazing and wish they’d work for me

What colorway did u get? I got the first cw the green joints, I ended up sending em back to Nike. For full msrp I wanted to love them.... I can’t say I’m all the way out on them but I didn’t love them and I definitely disagree with how u felt about their traction so maybe I should give a diff colorway a try. I think aesthetically they’re amazing and wish they’d work for me

I got the Amber Rise colorway.

That’s crazy though, I hadn’t heard anyone have issues with the traction at all anywhere.

I got the Amber Rise colorway.

That’s crazy though, I hadn’t heard anyone have issues with the traction at all anywhere.
Gotcha. It wasn’t necessarily that I had issues, it was just that the traction didn’t bite that I’m used to

Ran in the NB OMN1S last night (Money stacks) really nice hoop shoe imo. Coming from the Dame 5s as my go to, the cushion didn't feel as plush but the materials were way better. Went with the same size I order in adidas (half a size down). 2 game break in period for me. court feel was nice and cushion was enough. I play on a super dusty court and had to wipe only once. NB should make these things more readily available, I could see a lot of people liking playing in them.

Still awaiting my pair of xxxiv to come in. Hoping my rotation for the a while to be the Dame 5s, OMN1S and XXXIV

Ran in the NB OMN1S last night (Money stacks) really nice hoop shoe imo. Coming from the Dame 5s as my go to, the cushion didn't feel as plush but the materials were way better. Went with the same size I order in adidas (half a size down). 2 game break in period for me. court feel was nice and cushion was enough. I play on a super dusty court and had to wipe only once. NB should make these things more readily available, I could see a lot of people liking playing in them.

Still awaiting my pair of xxxiv to come in. Hoping my rotation for the a while to be the Dame 5s, OMN1S and XXXIV

I think someone in the New Balance thread said NB is planning to keep the OMN1S releases annoyingly limited and then they’re releasing another more widely available Kawhi signature around all star?

I gave up chasing down the Kawhi’s. They made it too difficult to the point where I was just like ok fine keep them lol...

Never really messed around with insoles, always just rocked the stock ones, and went with whatever tech the shoe had. Was looking at some on eBay, but decided to try these full zoom ones off amazon for $14 to put in my new pair of ZF1’s
7B002BA2-7810-4542-ABAC-044D72E334B5.jpeg

Was skeptical on how effective they’d actually be, to my surprise they actually provide GREAT cushion, honestly feels like a different shoe lol. Just did some dribbling drills and got some shots up, will run some 5 on 5 tomorrow morning at another 24 that has real hardwood and not this rubberized crap
48A101BA-14E5-4B63-BA33-00C0BF5E9E51.jpeg

Never really messed around with insoles, always just rocked the stock ones, and went with whatever tech the shoe had. Was looking at some on eBay, but decided to try these full zoom ones off amazon for $14 to put in my new pair of ZF1’s

Was skeptical on how effective they’d actually be, to my surprise they actually provide GREAT cushion, honestly feels like a different shoe lol. Just did some dribbling drills and got some shots up, will run some 5 on 5 tomorrow morning at another 24 that has real hardwood and not this rubberized crap
Did the thickness of the insoles compromise the lockdown? I feel like it would raise you a bit too high off the ground

Link please

Copped me pair, should be in tomorrow.
Probably won't even have to cop those jordan 1 zoom air joints if these work effectively.

Did the thickness of the insoles compromise the lockdown? I feel like it would raise you a bit too high off the ground
No not at all. If anything my feet feel more secure lol. At first it was a little tight, but then again the shoes themselves are new so everything is still breaking in and molding to my feet. What’s nice is that you are directly on top of the zoom, so it doesn’t sacrifice court feel, but most importantly I can definitely feel the impact protection that these ZF1 didn’t have without these

how much did everyone pay? It was $14 for my first pair, I looked and that product page again, and it was showing a coupon for $10 off :lol:

I’ve never seen a discount that big on a amazon product so I bought another pair lmao
17E7B89E-F0F4-4320-8642-0177264854D6.jpeg

Mines came out to be free, had a few bucks leftover from a gift card, wasn't feeling the $6 shipping charge so i just got the prime account. And Amazon charge me $14 off the rip🤦🏿‍♂️.
Screenshot_20200113-101246.png

If these are good, ill order more.

Last edited:
Ha 11.5-14 size is priced at $16

I’d worry about stability because you’ll be sitting much higher. Even KD12 zoom is within the Stroebel- or under the insole. Something like the Kobe 11 that has the full zoom insole was a drop in midsole construction.

Ha 11.5-14 size is priced at $16

I’d worry about stability because you’ll be sitting much higher. Even KD12 zoom is within the Stroebel- or under the insole. Something like the Kobe 11 that has the full zoom insole was a drop in midsole construction.

This is the sole I got bro. It is not super unstable (for this shoe), mine is old and I just got another one to see. But it makes the Freaks feel like you have some impact protection instead of landing on cement haha. Will not work for every shoe, but it works for the Freaks perfect as ForNarnia ForNarnia stated. Which is weird to me it is like it fits right in the shoe.

Mine was also 6$ with the coupon haha

Yeah I wouldn’t try it in a shoe that is already high off the ground or already has a full zoom set up. Like a LeBron or KD. That’d be too much.

Since we're on the topic of insoles I just purchased a brand called Footprint. A skate brand mainly.

A bit pricier than most insoles, but caught a couple testing videos and sold me on them. - Amazon product ASIN B06VV767NY
Bought the normal 5mm insoles on Amazon. They also have an elite version with a 10mm heel to 5mm drop.

Will stick these in a pair of Kyrie 4's I just bought. Will see how they are when they come in.

Attachments

• energy-absorption-chart.jpg
    energy-absorption-chart.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 698
Back
Top Bottom