Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

New balance 2 way v3 came today in 2E wide. Funny thing is it feels just normal even in wide size. The regular version runs narrow lol.

Pretty comfortable, but it doesn’t curve from heel to toe like a lot of Nike shoes.

Will play in them this afternoon and update with some thoughts.
I noticed the same thing. The 2E in their hoop shoes are THAT much wider. In their running shoes, its a different story. Maybe hoop shoes are supposed to be snug all around?

Yeah I played some 3 on 3 and my pinkies were hurting a bit. Undecided if I will keep them. Good court feel but the cushioning is on the lighter side. It rubs on the pinkies right where I’m pointing.
I noticed the same thing. The 2E in their hoop shoes are THAT much wider. In their running shoes, it’s a different story. Maybe hoop shoes are supposed to be snug all around?

Attachments

• 1A33BA21-CB78-4E29-AB39-431B16B2E901.jpeg
    1A33BA21-CB78-4E29-AB39-431B16B2E901.jpeg
    407.9 KB · Views: 502
Yeah I played some 3 on 3 and my pinkies were hurting a bit. Undecided if I will keep them. Good court feel but the cushioning is on the lighter side. It rubs on the pinkies right where I’m pointing.
So the wide version is too narrow 🤔

How’s traction and lock down?

So the wide version is too narrow 🤔

How’s traction and lock down?
Wide version is basically just regular. Lol. I tried on the normal version in store and feet went numb within 10 seconds.

Traction and lockdown are definitely the best parts of the shoe. Lacing system is awesome, easy to just pull the laces and have the entire shoe tighten up, compared to like the lebron 20 where the laces get choked by the stupid little loops.

Cushioning isn’t very plush. Feet and knees ached a bit after playing a few games 3 on 3 then 5s. But I also did a full leg workout and a full shooting workout before hand.

Overall I think $120 price point is correct for this shoe. Will wear them a few more times and decide if I wanna keep ‘em. Aesthetically they look really great to me, I love this colorway.

Wish I could try em on. Found a nb store, and also a nb outlet, they don’t carry them. But your review makes me think I should try the wide version to get a normal width lol. Currently I’m playing in kd14’s, and cut 1s. Before that it was kd13’s and still need to wear down some pairs of those. I wasn’t able to wear the aj36 because they were way too narrow. Just giving some other shoes for sizing (width) reference purposes

Wish I could try em on. Found a nb store, and also a nb outlet, they don’t carry them. But your review makes me think I should try the wide version to get a normal width lol. Currently I’m playing in kd14’s, and cut 1s. Before that it was kd13’s and still need to wear down some pairs of those. I wasn’t able to wear the aj36 because they were way too narrow. Just giving some other shoes for sizing (width) reference purposes
Yeah the wide version feels similar in width to cut 1 haha. Less cushion than cut 1 I would say.

I would say don’t even bother wit the regular version if you’ve had issues with narrow shoes in the past. My feet are very red and swollen on the pinkies and outer edge, even with wide size. Prob gonna wear lebron 16s for comfort tomorrow lol.

Last edited:
Yeah the wide version feels similar in width to cut 1 haha. Less cushion than cut 1 I would say.

I would say don’t even bother wit the regular version if you’ve had issues with narrow shoes in the past. My feet are very red and swollen on the pinkies and outer edge, even with wide size. Prob gonna wear lebron 16s for comfort tomorrow lol.
Ahh. Damn. Well there’s no 13 wide for sale that I can see on their site anyway. Oh well. Cool looking shoe

I'm hooping outdoors and wondering if you all hooped in Nike Renew Elevate 3's and how they performed? Looking for solid cushion and lightweight. I have a chance at a pair for like $38 bucks. Also, I'm 40yrs lol.

i had my eyes on the two wxy 3 for the gym...sounds like they wont cut it for the court tho i need my cushioning

It’s definitely less cushion compared to something with max air or zoom. The lockdown, traction and court feel are great though. Very good for lighter and quicker players who have medium to narrow feet.

Despite the flat outsole shape, the shoe had really nice heel to toe transition. I felt very smooth running up and down the court , probably cause there wasn’t any zoom or air bubbles lol.

I'm hooping outdoors and wondering if you all hooped in Nike Renew Elevate 3's and how they performed? Looking for solid cushion and lightweight. I have a chance at a pair for like $38 bucks. Also, I'm 40yrs lol.
They ain’t that durable. A friend of mine has them and he says they’re subpar. They are made with cheap materials

Well, on the plus side my feet felt super comfortable for 3 games of full court. On the downside, my teammate asked me if I was injured cause I “looked really slow today” ☠️☠️☠️

I’m damn near 6’3 in these 16s due to the big air bubbles. Overall played ok but missed a few layups cause I didn’t feel confident going full speed and jumping hard in them due to the shoes stability and lockdown. Had a minor ankle tweak stepping on someone’s foot going for a rebound too.

My feet feel Amazing though, zero pinky irritation or redness which is super rare for me haha.

Last edited:
Good stuff B bigHazy32
You don’t think the NB cushion needs to break in more? Happened to my Omn1s. Half size long but those were cool.

Few younger kids came into their run after mine last night with moves.. brand new looking white Bruce Lee v’s, the pink v6.. etc. am I wrong for thinking they were reps off the rip? I am guessing younger generation would rather pay 140-160 for those than current full retail

Good stuff B bigHazy32
You don’t think the NB cushion needs to break in more? Happened to my Omn1s. Half size long but those were cool.

Few younger kids came into their run after mine last night with moves.. brand new looking white Bruce Lee v’s, the pink v6.. etc. am I wrong for thinking they were reps off the rip? I am guessing younger generation would rather pay 140-160 for those than current full retail

I’ve had my first two wxy 3 since release day back in October and they don’t get better. It’s a very low ride and absorbing but not bouncy or springy.

And yeah, first thing I think when I see the HS kids with grinches is “fake” - not that there’s anything wrong with it.

Good stuff B bigHazy32

Someone in my run today was wearing the white Bruce Lee 5s too. His game didn’t live up to the shoes haha. But yeah I’m with you. The younger generation is super social media savvy, I’m sure they are plugged in to the best sources and all that.

Got some cool news, one of the guys I have played Pick-up against is preparing for euro league combine and hired me to be his trainer today. He’s seen me working out a few other guys and we got to talking today after we played against each other. Watched a few clips of his college film and told him what I think we should work on and we shared the same vision for his game.

Someone in my run today was wearing the white Bruce Lee 5s too. His game didn’t live up to the shoes haha. But yeah I’m with you. The younger generation is super social media savvy, I’m sure they are plugged in to the best sources and all that.

Got some cool news, one of the guys I have played Pick-up against is preparing for euro league combine and hired me to be his trainer today. He’s seen me working out a few other guys and we got to talking today after we played against each other. Watched a few clips of his college film and told him what I think we should work on and we shared the same vision for his game.
Thats dope!! Congrats, Good ****.

Yeah wasn’t meant as a knock w the kids in reps. But also, I enjoy trying new new. New tech, new shoes. . My run is so closed off and private I wouldn’t care wearing reps, all my buddies etc.

Thats dope!! Congrats, Good ****.

Yeah wasn’t meant as a knock w the kids in reps. But also, I enjoy trying new new. New tech, new shoes. . My run is so closed off and private I wouldn’t care wearing reps, all my buddies etc.
I feel the same way, feels like we all have way too many shoes and should start making review videos 🤣

Looking forward to trying the Jason Tatum shoes next.

I liked the PG 1-3, but after they switched from Zoom to Air to React it was an easy pass for me.

PG 4 had weird sizing, could never get those to work for me. PG 5 had potential with the Kobe traction but the boring cushioning and bland color ways left me wanting more. Completely passed on the 6’s, heard the React is nice out the box but bottoms out quickly and once that happens it’s no bueno.

Back
Top Bottom