Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

Yeah I really like the PG4 even with the weird sizing. That cushion setup was amazing for the price. I think the PG4 didn't get the love b/c of covid and most gyms were shut down and outdoor rims taken off so we literally couldn't play in them that long. I'm playing in the PG2 right now and that one is still a beast. Loved the 1s as well especially looks and material wise. Great colorways to and a good performer.

The things we do for hoop
This is all from tonight and I didn’t even play that many games. Like 5 games
14BC213F-96FD-4293-A703-775031EC66E5.jpeg

The things we do for hoop
This is all from tonight and I didn’t even play that many games. Like 5 games
14BC213F-96FD-4293-A703-775031EC66E5.jpeg
I've had days like that. One run I was in about 10 yrs ago had a few cats that would regularly scratch my arms up. I started using shooting sleeves just to protect against them. :smh: :smh: :smh:

New balance 2 way today. Still deciding if I want to keep them or not, esp with lebron 20s discounted to the same price.

Day 1 of training camp for my new bball client, using the fiba ball since he’s training for euro league combine.

Attachments

• D1139AEB-3774-45F9-8161-0C69B275B80C.jpeg
    D1139AEB-3774-45F9-8161-0C69B275B80C.jpeg
    543.8 KB · Views: 261
I copped the AJ 37 low on that Nike sale yesterday. I think I have like 5 shoes I’m playing in now that aren’t ready to be retired yet. As a matter of fact I bet I could hoop just in those 5 shoes the rest of the year at my pace, about 2-3x a week.

But it’s so hard to hold off that urge to try new kicks lol. Still several others I haven’t tried but would like to.

I copped the AJ 37 low on that Nike sale yesterday. I think I have like 5 shoes I’m playing in now that aren’t ready to be retired yet. As a matter of fact I bet I could hoop just in those 5 shoes the rest of the year at my pace, about 2-3x a week.

But it’s so hard to hold off that urge to try new kicks lol. Still several others I haven’t tried but would like to.
I’m struggling w this too man. 36 and kd15 been the rotation but I only play once a week full pickup.

Really wanna try the 37 lows. Plus a Tatum 1 (have to) and a Sabrina to try next few months..

New balance 2 way today. Still deciding if I want to keep them or not, esp with lebron 20s discounted to the same price.

Day 1 of training camp for my new bball client, using the fiba ball since he’s training for euro league combine.
Look really good. Cushion probably just starting to break in a touch for you. Great do it all shoes I bet

I’m struggling w this too man. 36 and kd15 been the rotation but I only play once a week full pickup.

Really wanna try the 37 lows. Plus a Tatum 1 (have to) and a Sabrina to try next few months..
Oh yeah the Sabrina’s…. Definitely want to try those as soon as they drop. At that price point and with how good they look, I have to. Unless early reviews are bad. But don’t really need to wait for a discount at least lol. Tatum’s is an easy one for me to overlook, don’t like the design. That was how I felt about the 37 mid but decided to give the lows a try.

Look really good. Cushion probably just starting to break in a touch for you. Great do it all shoes I bet
They felt great today with the thinner plain Nike socks. Last time I wore them with thicker elite socks and had some tightness and discomfort.

They don’t have a lot of bounce since there’s no zoom but the foam is nice and soft and Responsive. Traction and court feel are top notch and the fit is great since I was able to cop in 2E wide with true to size 10. Overall leaning towards keeping them!

Seems like a good daily shoe to wear while training clients

I think I have enough hoop shoes to last for 5 years haha. I tried the 37 lows in store and they felt good. Just make sure the zoom units feel even, the pair I tried, the zoom in the left shoe felt like it bulged out more than the right and it was digging into my arch a little.

Someone in my run today was wearing the white Bruce Lee 5s too. His game didn’t live up to the shoes haha. But yeah I’m with you. The younger generation is super social media savvy, I’m sure they are plugged in to the best sources and all that.

Got some cool news, one of the guys I have played Pick-up against is preparing for euro league combine and hired me to be his trainer today. He’s seen me working out a few other guys and we got to talking today after we played against each other. Watched a few clips of his college film and told him what I think we should work on and we shared the same vision for his game.

Yessir, Trainer here too bro, I am on the Women's side. Keep grinding

omn1s are neck n neck with two wxy 3 for the best looking nb model

aye howd yall get into training?

I was on a hiatus from corporate work due to a non compete agreement, spending like 6 hours a day in the gym just working on my game and met some guys who played euro league. They liked my methods (I’ve always been very scientific with my workouts and knowledgeable about anatomy and injury prevention / rehab) so we started training together for the whole summer of their off season.

We’d meet at 9am to shoot, then do a yoga class together, then lift then play open run. Other people saw what we were doing and reached out to me to train as a group or individually. When you love what you do, the energy is contagious.

I try to go above and beyond for my clients, I watch film of their games, talk to their coaches and team trainers when applicable to get feedback and when designing their training program. I handle the skills development , weight room and plyo work, soft tissue and recovery, and their nutrition and supplements too. It’s basically all encompassing.

If they don’t know how to eat healthy we will go grocery shopping and cook together. I’ll have them over for dinner and film session once every two weeks or so, but that’s getting harder now that I have a family haha.

The training field is pretty saturated esp with all these ig trainers. So my biggest advice is just lbe genuine and try and give the best possible service you can. You don’t have to be a former pro to train pros. But you do need to understand the pro game, like offensive sets, defensive schemes etc. I try to put the guys through in game actions. Not so much just rebounding while they shoot like Chris Brinkley type training.

I’ll go more in depth on some of the stuff we do on court another time.

Last edited:

Check out my IG page coach_pop11 or twitter theshotcoach11
I started my own WBB training academy

I used to play ball overseas, but then dabbled into coaching college D2. I got into women because the Mens game was OVER SATURATED with trainers. I felt the growing popularity of the Women's game and went in. I

Man, I literally started from the ground up haha. I used to find anyone to train, then one day one of the players I trained got REALLY good haha, then it seemed my clientele just blew. I

But it is a grind, like anything else. Keep grinding even when it does not seem worth it.

I now have college coaches calling my phone non-stop for my kids, feels great.

Check out my IG page coach_pop11 or twitter theshotcoach11
I started my own WBB training academy

I used to play ball overseas, but then dabbled into coaching college D2. I got into women because the Mens game was OVER SATURATED with trainers. I felt the growing popularity of the Women's game and went in. I

Man, I literally started from the ground up haha. I used to find anyone to train, then one day one of the players I trained got REALLY good haha, then it seemed my clientele just blew. I

But it is a grind, like anything else. Keep grinding even when it does not seem worth it.

I now have college coaches calling my phone non-stop for my kids, feels great.
That’s amazing!

I’m the same way, I would train anyone who was serious about getting better and would show up. In the early days I was doing a lot of free training and even now I’ll let people workout with me for free when I’m doing my own personal workouts. The way I see it, I would be doing this every day anyway, so getting paid for it is just a bonus on top (although now that I have a family I am being a bit more selective about who I train and what I charge).

Wore the 2 way again this morning while training my client. Did quite a bit of running in them, as we worked on 2 dribble shots off close outs (I’m passing the ball and closing out), screen and roll play, dribble hand off stuff to attack down hill, drive kick and relocate for a 3 etc.

Shoes are breaking in nicely and actually felt a little loose today. Could prob wear them with elite socks now.

Attachments

• C4222901-A2A4-402A-BE87-7F75B37C4EC0.jpeg
    C4222901-A2A4-402A-BE87-7F75B37C4EC0.jpeg
    406.6 KB · Views: 314
Back
Top Bottom