Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

hooped as in just a shootaround? how can you play in that shoe with flyknit upper... containment gotta be an issue?!

Some people’s definition of “hoop” is wayyyy different lol

Also I know some elite players (d1, overseas cats) who can hoop in anything really. Brick *** foams. Retro Js, whatever

hooped as in just a shootaround? how can you play in that shoe with flyknit upper... containment gotta be an issue?!
hooped meaning warming-up, shoot-around, playing 4v4 etc for about 4hrs. whatever i felt like doing yesterday.

Lebron 15, 16, 17 all have flyknit uppers. Containment especially on the 15s is definitely iffy when it comes to ankle protection and no outriggers, constantly had to re-lace those when the laces came loose or i need a tight fit.

containment was only an issue at the forefoot, but i still perform well to my own ability.

For those of you with the zoom insoles, I ended up pulling the zoom unit off the actual foam insole it came with and sticking them underneath a pair of thin adidas insoles from my Dame 4s. I also took the small piece that I cut off of the original ones and stuck em underneath the front so there wasn’t a step off. This combo actually works great because it adds way less height to the whole shoe so the lockdown isn’t compromised and the front toe box doesn’t feel too tight. Will probably end up using these in multiple shoes.

Got the zoom insoles in my house slippers

only footwear i tried so far they feel decent in. Everything else they’re way too thick and are the shoe snug.

At my age I really don’t play ball on consecutive days, but when I do these are my go to kicks...
0E6F0B21-8A8A-442A-B829-2A23F348358E.jpeg

474036F3-51C9-46FE-9A5C-5E1F973EBA91.jpeg

Great impact protection, traction and very supportive. I just wish that the fit was more like the 15’s and 17’s... those two really lock you in whereas in these I can feel my heel moving around just a little, enough that I notice it but not to the point where it’s a deal breaker....One of my fav LBJ colorways as well

Speaking of playing consecutive days, still sore from my back to back morning runs over the weekend. Trying to get back in shape for my spring rec league.

These Kyrie low 2’s are probably my favorite performers of the the year so far. Traction is beastly, literally collects zero dust.I know for a fact my foot is not going any where with every step I take, and the zoom is responsive especially under the ball of the forefoot.

Also bought a new Evo ball for $40 on amazon. Since the one I have now is on its last days. I know they aren’t what they used to be and quality is super inconsistent from ball to ball. But no point in buying something else since it won’t ever get picked for pick up or rec games

edit: wish I can go back in the future and buy more of these elite shorts

6174E04A-1B8B-4606-981D-B31620DB6CF2.jpeg

Last edited:
One of the guys at my 24 brought his new NBA game ball. And our shots were way off we was all building towards a house with the bricks we was putting up:lol:

We gave it a few games but it’s just not what we used to. The touch of a composite ball is just different. Spending over $100 on a ball that no one will want to use and take the time to break in just isn’t worth it. I was thinking about spending a little more and getting the NCAA solution ball but people confuse it with the $30 replica and don’t want to play with it either.

One of the guys at my 24 brought his new NBA game ball. And our shots were way off we was all building towards a house with the bricks we was putting up:lol:

We gave it a few games but it’s just not what we used to. The touch of a composite ball is just different. Spending over $100 on a ball that no one will want to use and take the time to break in just isn’t worth it. I was thinking about spending a little more and getting the NCAA solution ball but people confuse it with the $30 replica and don’t want to play with it either.

I had the opposite at my gym, guys shot better with the nba ball than an evo but it was harder to dribble. Also layups with an evo are more forgiving, lay it off the bank too hard with the nba ball and you’ll miss. You also have to break in the nba ball a bit, the first time out the box it is gonna feel weird

The evo joints are nightmare when its humid or if the ball has too much moisture build up. I don't like em, but people swear they are the greatest basketball to play in.

Years a go I had an 'original' TF 1000 with a good amount of life left in it. Came home one day to my apt. and my roommates had taken it outdoors to play ball... absolutely ruined and damn near impossible to hang on to dribbling. These guys didn't play much ball so had no clue there was a difference with balls. I was devastated for a bit. Have to laugh about today though... lol

I had the opposite at my gym, guys shot better with the nba ball than an evo but it was harder to dribble. Also layups with an evo are more forgiving, lay it off the bank too hard with the nba ball and you’ll miss. You also have to break in the nba ball a bit, the first time out the box it is gonna feel weird
Yeah NBA teams receive their game/practice balls broken in already. They are tested here in the states but manufactured in China. Wish we had access to one of those instead of the retail ones

I had an official NBA ball years ago.... probably took me a good 6-7 months to break in. Out the box it’s literally a brick, but if you can STICK with IT after the process is complete theres nothing quite the feeling of a leather basketball. Sadly I forgot mine at a 24 Hr Fitness and haven’t had the desire to buy one and start all over again.

Last edited:
I don't like those colored Evolution balls now. Looks cheap
1579619436522.png
I grabbed a colored ball off amazon for like 40, I haven’t really broken it in yet for pickup, just have shot around for a few sessions, but for some reason it doesn’t feel too nice. It’s aight. I got the navy blue one so it looks close to the og

I grabbed this ball after seeing a local JuCo playing with them - and because I was tired of 12 Evos at the gym and wanted something different. Seams are DEEP, makes the ball feel small, but once broken in the cover softened up and feels great. The cover has some tacky to it - so far sweat hasn’t affected it much.
213E5C1D-FD0B-4D8D-8DB8-08E1605843AE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom