Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

I had an official NBA ball years ago.... probably took me a good 6-7 months to break in. Out the box it’s literally a brick, but if you can STICK with IT after the process is complete theres nothing quite the feeling of a leather basketball. Sadly I forgot mine at a 24 Hr Fitness and haven’t had the desire to buy one and start all over again.

I love the sound it makes when it goes in the hoop. Just feel authoritative for some reason. lol. I have one broken in, but no one wants to play with it still. so I just bring it to open runs to shoot around while waiting for next game or warming up at the beginning.

They are different feeling. The diameter is a little smaller and the geometry of channels feels a little weird. They are nice balls - it just take a bit to adjust.

Yeah? So there goes the possibility of convincing my friend to pick up one and introduce it to our runs. LOL.

I grabbed this ball after seeing a local JuCo playing with them - and because I was tired of 12 Evos at the gym and wanted something different. Seams are DEEP, makes the ball feel small, but once broken in the cover softened up and feels great. The cover has some tacky to it - so far sweat hasn’t affected it much.

It is nice. I picked one up and once broken in introduced it to my runs. It was adapted as the game ball. Thank goodness, was tired of using evos. lol.

On another note, ran in the xxxiv again. Man they are nice. I stocked up on dame 5s while adidas was having a sale since they are my go to...But I am finding it harder and harder not to just run in the xxxivs exclusively. lol.

Last edited:
Colored Evos feel cheaper than the regular ones. I have not been impressed with the half dozen or so I've dribbled and shot with.

I'm intrigued by the Spalding Precision and Evo NXT balls. Might have to grab one to try out.

Colored Evos feel cheaper than the regular ones. I have not been impressed with the half dozen or so I've dribbled and shot with.

I'm intrigued by the Spalding Precision and Evo NXT balls. Might have to grab one to try out.
What’s different with the evo NXT?

I’ve read of bunch of so-so reviews about the Evo NXT. Lots of complaints of too much dramatic bounce, and weird feel of the composite, feels more like rubber. And that the “extended range tech” is just a marketing gimmick

Still think the best ball by Wilson is the Solution

New trend at my gym is to air the ball up as tight as possible. I actually had a rebound bounce over my head - off the floor and over my head - last week.

it was weird - one guy who has been in our group for years did it and then others followed. Feels like shooting a beach ball. I can't stand it.
That's weird, are they trying to challenge themselves, play the game at a high difficulty?

What's the real reasoning?

Screenshot_20200127-165952.png

Yay or nay?

I say yay but realistic should go down to 18.

Basketballs inflated to the MAX?!?! WTH. I hate overinflated basketballs. It's not that hard to pump them to the right pressure. Not only does an overinflated ball suck to play with, but the balls will get deformed/lopsided and/or wear easier. What are they thinking?

I'd be fine playing with the Kobe inspired rules for a day or maybe a week. Most of my runs these days are 2s and 3s (real basketball scoring) and I'd want to go back to that. Maybe the compromise is 2s and 3s to 24...

Down with the flu but had to take my oldest to practice. Managed to shoot around a little on an empty court. Very surprised - traction felt fantastic although it was just a couple of crosses and some jumpers. Cushioning was great - soft (I agree with the insole being too soft) but didn’t feel unstable. I was on the fence because of the blocky midsole but it didn’t feel unstable at all. Can’t wait until Wednesday to get some real time in them if I feel better.

1658D393-B5B2-4D4B-8D28-48001E7B208A.jpeg

D23B914E-083F-44D9-B29E-89A22266FC8A.jpeg

What’s worse than a overinflated ball is one that’s under inflated!!! I swear it don’t matter the 24 I go to everyone likes playing with a ball that’s like 3 PSI :smh:

Sucks being one of the first dudes at the court Saturday morning, getting some shots up and playing 2vs2/3v3 with my ball, and then everyone else shows up and we running 5’s with a ball that feels like it’s about to go flat. Always messes me up at first. Trying to gather the ball when you think it’s at your hip but it’s at your knee

Also how’s everyone doing with their Amazon zoom soles?? I’ve been lifting every weekday morning in my Freak 1s to break both the shoe and the sole is in. All the weight has compressed them a bit and the zoom is even more responsive. And it’s not as tight or high as they were before. These are money

Yeah wearing em here and there but forgot this week to try em in my daily work sneakers

Down with the flu but had to take my oldest to practice. Managed to shoot around a little on an empty court. Very surprised - traction felt fantastic although it was just a couple of crosses and some jumpers. Cushioning was great - soft (I agree with the insole being too soft) but didn’t feel unstable. I was on the fence because of the blocky midsole but it didn’t feel unstable at all. Can’t wait until Wednesday to get some real time in them if I feel better.

1658D393-B5B2-4D4B-8D28-48001E7B208A.jpeg

D23B914E-083F-44D9-B29E-89A22266FC8A.jpeg
Hows the containment/lockdown with the shroud unzipped? Like the way PG wears his

Last edited:
Hows the containment/lockdown with the shroud unzipped? Like the way PG wears his

lacing tightens then up plenty but I’m still zipping. The padding around the heel and inside the midfoot are the real lockdown tools.

:emoji_eyes: Nice!

I think Nike has done a decent job bringing forward some performance-driven designs lately, but this one really has my attention. From the image, I'm liking how the traction pattern looks as well.

July though! :emoji_cold_sweat:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom