Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

aww man fr? do u have wide feet? i heard they are narrrower than the 4s...sounds like wat happened to me with the 37 lows
I don't have wide feet. Not sure why they caused me pain but it took me a minute to shake back and get rid of all the aching in my achillee/heel.

Great hoop session today in the Zoom GT Hustle 2. Initially during shooting drills I felt too much play in terms of ankle security. I ended up lacing to the last eyelet and using a runners loop before we ran 5s. This made all the difference in the world. The adjustment locked me down and I really enjoyed the performance of the shoe. The cushioning was A1. Stability and responsiveness were amazing as I felt very comfortable starting and stopping, and changing direction.

1000012966.jpg

2nd day of back-2-back top tier runs ..... This time I ran with the Jordan Tatum .... Out the box its a pretty solid fit. Went with a size 12 when I'm more accustomed to wearing 12.5 for competitive runs. Fit wasn't an issue, but rather I'm thinking it's too much tech. It actually felt too responsive for how I like to play. I like to start and stop and change directions, on the dime, as I consider myself a true perimeter defender. The Tatum was honestly just too springy and reactive for me. When I change direction I like to feel the court as I shift my weight and explode in either direction. In the Tatum, I felt like I was being propelled or slightly catapulted into my move. Some people might like it, but just not my hype. As of now, my most enjoyable ride of my most recent trials were the Jordan 38, Sab 1, and GT Hustle 2. Probably in that order if I had to rank them.
1000013043.jpg

2nd day of back-2-back top tier runs ..... This time I ran with the Jordan Tatum .... Out the box its a pretty solid fit. Went with a size 12 when I'm more accustomed to wearing 12.5 for competitive runs. Fit wasn't an issue, but rather I'm thinking it's too much tech. It actually felt too responsive for how I like to play. I like to start and stop and change directions, on the dime, as I consider myself a true perimeter defender. The Tatum was honestly just too springy and reactive for me. When I change direction I like to feel the court as I shift my weight and explode in either direction. In the Tatum, I felt like I was being propelled or slightly catapulted into my move. Some people might like it, but just not my hype. As of now, my most enjoyable ride of my most recent trials were the Jordan 38, Sab 1, and GT Hustle 2. Probably in that order if I had to rank them.
1000013043.jpg
Perimeter defender eh? We might have to play these 1s 🤣

On a serious note I know what you mean about the tech. After all this time I still like playing in something like the Kobe 6 the most.

Threw these on today. Too bad the PG line was canceled. Was a great looking shoe and a top 5 performer almost every year, plus affordable. Retro pg1s & 2s with react and zoom.

20240113_162940.jpg
Sheesh, 2K pair? I agree, this line needs a protro but just the 1 and in this color way 😂 the others aren’t as good aesthetically. And the color ways were great IMO. Favorite among them, Shining, hands down. Still got them but BEAT.

Sheesh, 2K pair? I agree, this line needs a protro but just the 1 and in this color way 😂 the others aren’t as good aesthetically. And the color ways were great IMO. Favorite among them, Shining, hands down. Still got them but BEAT.

I agree bro. I did really like the 2s as well. 1s colorways were top notch. Also loved the shining and still have my pair as well.

I was a huge fan of the "Flip the switch" colorway
This was a good color way as well but to me having had the Shining pair really made it easy passing on everything else. The 2K pair is essentially the lighter version of the Shining pair minus the scales so they would’ve been a go day one as well but they were too limited. Those two would’ve been it for me. Performance wise they were average at best for me.

Need these (and Jet Flights) retroed and a true retro at that. No shortcuts.

IMG_1861.jpeg

IMG_1857.jpeg

IMG_1860.jpeg
I had my hopes up back in the day of these and Jet Flights retroing when Steve Nash was inducted to the Hall Of Fame, but that would have made too much sense. We are still talking about Nike here, you know... :emoji_expressionless:

Trying to decide on my next pick up. Have it narrowed down to SPO Game1 Mid, 38 Low, and Cut3.

Anybody care to add some insight?
23mj88 23mj88 duke40 duke40 :D

kd14, 36, and WoW 10 are my top 3 atm. Cushion and stability are top priority.

Trying to decide on my next pick up. Have it narrowed down to SPO Game1 Mid, 38 Low, and Cut3.

Anybody care to add some insight?
23mj88 23mj88 duke40 duke40 :D

kd14, 36, and WoW 10 are my top 3 atm. Cushion and stability are top priority.
If the lows perform anything like the mids, I would put my money on 38 lows. 38s are at the top of my short list along with Hustle 2s, Sab 1s and JA 1s.

If the lows perform anything like the mids, I would put my money on 38 lows. 38s are at the top of my short list along with Hustle 2s, Sab 1s and JA 1s.
Thanks for reply! I’ve heard/ seen mixed reviews on all 3. Hustles seem to be lacking lateral support and the other 2 cushion? I’ve also read Sabs traction may be inconsistent?

As far as the 38 lows I’m eyeing the black PFs. That solid outsole really makes them look cleaner imo :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom