Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

1689669477695.png

hit gym and not bad at all, will hoop this weekend and see how it goes

Anybody have the JB1 from Li Ning?
Love em. These are probably one of the better drop in midsole shoes that I have played in. Cushioning is a perfect blend of impact protection in the heel and court feel in the forefoot. The Boom cushioning definitely has some spring and bounce to it. Traction has been great for me too, but I typically play on cleaner courts. You can also feel the carbon fiber plate with the subtle spring back, but I enjoy it more for the torsional rigidity it offers. These are also more wide foot friendly than the WOW10s. Durability hasn't been an issue either, very little wear on threads. I am a 10.5 Nike and went the same in these.

Current rotation: Kobe V and VI, GT Cut 1s, Lebron XX, NB Two WXY 2, Puma Clyde All Pro.

Pleasantly surprised after first hoop session in the Ja1.
Cushion: ✅
Responsiveness: ✅
Lockdown: ✅
Stability: ✅
Recommendation Level: ✅✅✅
20230721_200748.jpg
cushion? need more detail.. looks like a nice court you got there, one that'll bounce with you on an heavy landing :lol:

cushion? need more detail.. looks like a nice court you got there, one that'll bounce with you on an heavy landing :lol:
At 45 my knees are not as forgiving as they once were. In terms of cushioning, I prefer a softer setup when playing. These fit the build. Feels similar to my PG5s, which I absolutely love. The court is a very clean, hard wood, local high school floor that grips very well so no problem whatsoever with the traction. Not a single outsole wipe required.

1690025671934.png

1690025815472.png

everything perfect, 38 kinda reminds of 35, but much bouncier
Only thing that kept me from enjoying those 35's fully was that Eclipse Plate that made them really uncomfortable for my flat feet when I wore them for extended amount of time. How's the 38's in that department?

Only thing that kept me from enjoying those 35's fully was that Eclipse Plate that made them really uncomfortable for my flat feet when I wore them for extended amount of time. How's the 38's in that department?

during first time wore those 35 hurt my feet as well, but once break in, love these, so underrated performance shoe, well 38 does not have that issue, no need to break in.

At 45 my knees are not as forgiving as they once were. In terms of cushioning, I prefer a softer setup when playing. These fit the build. Feels similar to my PG5s, which I absolutely love. The court is a very clean, hard wood, local high school floor that grips very well so no problem whatsoever with the traction. Not a single outsole wipe required.
Hmm interesting the y have a “softer” setup. Everything Ive heard has been basic and somewhat unforgiving. Maybe that’s step in insole comfort or something

Hmm interesting the y have a “softer” setup. Everything Ive heard has been basic and somewhat unforgiving. Maybe that’s step in insole comfort or something
I thought the same thing going in but was shocked immediately. Was actually anticipating that I would be sending them back based on other's impression. But I'm looking forward to my next run in them. It should be noted that I'm a true 12 and ended up ordering a 12.5 by mistake. But in hindsight, the 12.5 fit perfectly and there's no way I could have been comfortable in a 12. I've heard they are a 1:1 TTS but I recommend a half size up. Also to be noted, I double up my socks when playing. When I initially tried them on, they felt tight across the forefoot but quickly loosened adequately.

as much as i want to like my 37 lows I can do em no more...short length which kills my feet i cant really snatchback or decelerate withough my toes smashing the sides....poor containment..mid traction..i enjoy the bounce but nah...they are demoted to gym shoes

now im looking at the nxxt gen whats the word on those vs the XXs?

i heard the XX are more narrow and overly soft cuz of the cushlon while the nxxt are stiffer cuz of the phylon and wider..any truth to that?

Anyone tried on or have a pair of crossover culture shoes? Came across a few of the models they have for $60 .

Anyone tried on or have a pair of crossover culture shoes? Came across a few of the models they have for $60 .
Where at? I haven’t played in this round but I did two years ago and the first gen. Feel very adidas-y. Traction was really good though.

Are the Two WXY’s that legit? Any comps out there for this model…think I’m finally going to pull the trigger on a pair.

Are the Two WXY’s that legit? Any comps out there for this model…think I’m finally going to pull the trigger on a pair.
My buddy changed out of them last night after one game. Said his feet were saunas. Switched to Kobe 4 protro lol

Thanks man.

Can’t say that I’ve ever really paid that much attention to how hot my feet get… I still double sock most of the time and I sweat a lot in general so I may not even notice but I’ll keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.

Just trying these on around the house, if I close my eyes it feels like I’m wearing my PG 5’s but with a little less roomier toebox. Anyone had both of these models feel like that’s a good comp?

hot feet is good, helps the material break in faster and form to your foot.

but there needs to be a balance, quick cool down when on the bench or breaks between games.

First session in the books…
IMG_1729.jpeg

These are definitely wide foot friendly and my foot is more on the narrow side so that perfect 1:1 fit that some people have with these didn’t really exist for me… but I will say that the fit was fine after cranking the laces down.

Traction was good, not great…but they did feel like it’s going to need a few sessions before it really breaks in. Gripped the floor pretty well but not a crazy bite, if I had to rate it I’d say something like an 8/10 right now.

Cushion felt plush and responsive… feels like it softened up just a little by the end of the run. Impact protection was good, played for about two hours and my legs/feet are as good as new some 11-12 hours later.

To early to tell but they feel like they’re going to be a solid performer since they check most of the boxes. Didn’t notice sweating, but I didn’t double sock either so maybe that had something to do with it. Will give these more burn over the next few weeks and see how it goes

20230909_103415.jpg

1st time playing in the XXX8s. I love what the designers in Beaverton have been giving us as of late. And the XXX8s are continuing that thought process. They felt good out the box and got more comfortable as I continued to run through a 2-hour hoop session. No one thing stood out but the entirety of the product was amazing. I did like how there was just enough wiggle room in the ankle, yet I felt secure to plant and cut. Honest admission, I am nursing a minor tweaked knee so I couldn't push quite as hard as I normally would. But for a 1st test run, this performance will definitely force me to put them on deck for an immediate retry .... I'm expecting great results based on today's run.

Back
Top Bottom