Nike Basketball Huarache 09 - A Nike Considered Design Product

^
roll.gif

im not to big on the high cut of the shoe, but i would buy these before i buy the hyperdunks again. heel and forefoot zoom>>>>>>lunarlite. ohand speaking of lunarlite i was pissed when i found out that the yellow foam on the lunar trainers/racers is just dyed phylon and that the actual lunar foam isbasically just a wedge similar to what you see in cleats.

that right there was a dead giveaway that lunarlite is a crock of #+%@.

"^^ Well if you have ever worn the Lunaracers or ran in them you would know how comfortable they are."

Yeah, but does that Lunarcrap last beyond 80 hours (my buddy's HD's only lasted around 74.5 hours of bballin' - we kept track)? Seems like theworst investment you could make in pursuing a high quality, durable, and reliable performance shoe would be to buy anything that features their poorly-prizedLunarcrap.

Now if Nike just renamed it 80-hourfoammaybe, and cut the MSRP of shoes that feature it by 50%, they might have a pursuasive case...

Originally Posted by Sole Investigator

^^ Well if you have ever worn the Lunaracers or ran in them you would know how comfortable they are.

i have lunar racers and they bottomed out in like 50 hours of walking 2 hours of that running.... looks hot but sucks

idk why but black basketball shoes don't appeal to me >L<<br /> i mean the shoe itself is hott... but the blackouts don't do it for me.

Obviously Nike hasn't found the right formula with putting lunar foam in basketball shoes, but I think they have with running shoes because I've ran inmine at least 2 times every week since I got them in August and they still feel as good as ever.

"idk why but black basketball shoes don't appeal to me >L<<br /> i mean the shoe itself is hott... but the blackouts don't do it forme."

totally agree. When will some hit footlocker/eastbay?

I'm beasting for some 09s!

Diaw's 2k9's and the East All-Star versions are AMAZING!!!

and

I'm hoping for something more than what eastbay and Nike.com are currently offering up.

I hope there are mass colorways released

According to the Nike rep I talked with he said there are over 20 colorways in the system scheduled for release starting Feb 1 and through the spring/summer

"According to the Nike rep I talked with he said there are over 20 colorways in the system scheduled for release starting Feb 1 and through thespring/summer"

YEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope they incorporate the color fade effect into some of them!

I was talking to a Nike rep and this is what he said:

Michael C: We do not have an exact dates of when the shoes are launching, we just know they are a Spring 09 product.
DsLee: can you list all the colorways of the Huarache 09's releasing in spring?
Michael C: Sure, 344333 001 Black/Black-Anthracite
344333 011 Black/White-Metallic Silver-Varsity Red
344333 101 White/Black-Metallic Silver SS v
344333 012 Black/White-Metallic Silver-Varsity Royal
DsLee: just those four until summer?
Michael C: Yeah those are the four style coming out this Spring.
DsLee: thanks a lot bro

He also said that the releases from the Spring catalog begin February 1st. I'm waiting for the black/white ones Diaw had on, but I'll gladly ball inthe Black/Black/Anthracites until then...

my 2k9s came in today, they're pretty nice. felt good lacing them all the way up. thing is that the toebox didn't want to bend. when i bent my foot thearea around the bottom laces was where the bending took place. toebox is stiff but i'll see what happens when i actually play in them friday.

i'm beginning to warm up the 09's

i still wish Nike would've redesigned the midsole/outsole instead of recycling it, but i'm confident these will be good on the court

Originally Posted by DNeou20

why try to redesign when it works?
i mean look at the zoom bb series =]]

2k4 -> 2k5? didn't come out bad to me.
and zoom bb series is fine, imo.

Back
Top Bottom