Nike Devin Booker 1

These are the most comfortable hoop shoes I own lol. I personally have to switch out the insoles in them to be able to hoop for a long time. I do that with all my shoes though.

They sort of remind of remind me of New Balance 990s. Natural materials. Accommodating fit. Solid cushion. Performance based.

These are the most comfortable hoop shoes I own lol. I personally have to switch out the insoles in them to be able to hoop for a long time. I do that with all my shoes though.

They sort of remind of remind me of New Balance 990s. Natural materials. Accommodating fit. Solid cushion. Performance based.
I recently got some Lebron XX after over a decade of hooping in the late model Jordans 99% of the time. I still like Jordans, but I felt like they no longer suit my game as much as something else could. The Lebron XX blew me away and I was sold on them being my go to sneakers. The Book 1 Rattlesnake came out and I just thought the colorway was clean so I bought them thinking they wouldn't be my hooping shoes but probably nice for casual wear. I was wrong.

Since getting the Book 1's, I haven't worn the Lebrons once and honestly don't see a reason to wear them unless it's just to wear something different. The Book 1's are so comfortable, light feeling, and I just feel so fast and agile in them. If they had just a modest zoom bag in the front I think they'd be the perfect shoe, but then again just a little bit of zoom... I think a super large or too bouncy unit would ruin the shoe.

Definitely a top tier basketball shoe. I just enjoy playing in them. These should go down as classics, IMO.

anybody that’s worn them extensively experience any bottoming out?
Nope. I’ve been playing in mirage and mirage v2 both daily since release. Being a Highschool coach I use my pairs daily no issues or loss of comfort. For me my only issue is a personal preference of not having the laces on the mid foot super tight only the top 2 lace holes tight obviously. Mid foot too tight absolutely kills my foot but this is any shoe. I wear the rattlesnakes for daily wear everyday since drop they’re fire for daily also

Last edited:
What I really appreciate about this shoe is the "old school" feel to the materials, but modern flexibility and lightness. I really hate all this mesh weave nonsense, and the Book 1 proves that you don't need paper thin see through silk shoes woven by exotic Amazon Jungle spiders to make a nice lightweight shoe. I like my sneakers to feel substantial yet perform on the court. It also made me personally realize that all this extra tech stuff is largely nonsense. I've been hooping in flagship models thinking that the tech was important and Book comes through with just a zoom bag in the heel and foam up front and I don't miss any of that triple stacked full-length zoom turbo strobel max vapor carbon fiber shank B.S.

I'm straight up in love with these shoes, man. If they keep this up I might be buying Bookers from now on. I just hope they don't mess it up and make it too techy or start trying to give it a lightweight NASA materials fishnet upper.

What I really appreciate about this shoe is the "old school" feel to the materials, but modern flexibility and lightness. I really hate all this mesh weave nonsense, and the Book 1 proves that you don't need paper thin see through silk shoes woven by exotic Amazon Jungle spiders to make a nice lightweight shoe. I like my sneakers to feel substantial yet perform on the court. It also made me personally realize that all this extra tech stuff is largely nonsense. I've been hooping in flagship models thinking that the tech was important and Book comes through with just a zoom bag in the heel and foam up front and I don't miss any of that triple stacked full-length zoom turbo strobel max vapor carbon fiber shank B.S.

I'm straight up in love with these shoes, man. If they keep this up I might be buying Bookers from now on. I just hope they don't mess it up and make it too techy or start trying to give it a lightweight NASA materials fishnet upper.

thats what i tell people when they wonder if they perform looking like a pair of casual shoes. lol i just tell them nothing special but it sure gets the job done.

"... woven by exotic Amazon Jungle spiders..." :lol::lol::lol:

thats what i tell people when they wonder if they perform looking like a pair of casual shoes. lol i just tell them nothing special but it sure gets the job done.
I actually would slightly disagree and say the are special. I tried the Lebron XX today again, and I was missing my Book 1's the whole time. It's not that the Lebrons are bad in any way, it's just that for me the Books are so much better. I felt 20% less smooth, less secure, and less agile. The Books unlock my actual speed and playing style. I guess the biggest compliment I can give them is that it's like they aren't even there. I don't notice I'm wearing them. With the recent Jordans and the Lebrons I was aware of what I was wearing at all times. They make their presence known with all the tech.

I think it's a very individual thing. Different shoes fit different people. The Books just happen to be the best shoe for me right now.

I actually would slightly disagree and say the are special. I tried the Lebron XX today again, and I was missing my Book 1's the whole time. It's not that the Lebrons are bad in any way, it's just that for me the Books are so much better. I felt 20% less smooth, less secure, and less agile. The Books unlock my actual speed and playing style. I guess the biggest compliment I can give them is that it's like they aren't even there. I don't notice I'm wearing them. With the recent Jordans and the Lebrons I was aware of what I was wearing at all times. They make their presence known with all the tech.

I think it's a very individual thing. Different shoes fit different people. The Books just happen to be the best shoe for me right now.
Can definitely relate to this. I've played in a few of the newer model shoes from this past season and I'd say performance wise these are at the top of my list.

I haven't played in my Book 1's yet but I can understand exactly what you mean. The shoe just feels like an extension of your foot.

i totally agree, it makes you forget about the shoes. i guess what i mean to say is that its special being simple and not over packed with tech. they give you the right/enough amount of performance and it just works.

Gonna agree with the last four messages about these, they just feel like an extension to your foot without being too restrictive on your playstyle and not be overpacked with tech. I also have LeBron 21 in my rotation right now, and I rarely even go to them anymore while rotating between these, Sabrina 1's and Kobe 4/6 Protro's.

I bought the initial release cw and found them super snug, and got the Hike cw on sale from Nike.com hoping they would be little less snug and dont they feel awesome on fert and on court!

Mirage cw is gonna stay as it has stayed on for a while, my office shoes with them being casual enough to be worn comfortably, but stylish enough to meet customers.

Gonna agree with the last four messages about these, they just feel like an extension to your foot without being too restrictive on your playstyle and not be overpacked with tech. I also have LeBron 21 in my rotation right now, and I rarely even go to them anymore while rotating between these, Sabrina 1's and Kobe 4/6 Protro's.

I bought the initial release cw and found them super snug, and got the Hike cw on sale from Nike.com hoping they would be little less snug and dont they feel awesome on fert and on court!

Mirage cw is gonna stay as it has stayed on for a while, my office shoes with them being casual enough to be worn comfortably, but stylish enough to meet customers.

i made the mistake of sizing up on hikes lol .........

Last edited:
Do the Hikes still feel the same as the other Books? I’m thinking about copping but I’m concerned the “snakeskin” toe box material isn’t as soft or pliable as the other versions.

you'll love the Hikes then because to me, the snakeskin material feels softer and thinner which makes the toe box roomier and the tongue feel less padded (the amount of padding is the same but the surface material just feels thinner) if you go TTS it shouldnt be a concern. very marginal, but you'll feel it if u went TTS on Mirage and then half up on Hikes because Havens/Rattlesnake half up still felt snug out the box.

Last edited:
you'll love the Hikes then because to me, the snakeskin material feels softer and thinner which makes the toe box roomier and the tongue feel less padded (the amount of padding is the same but the surface material just feels thinner) if you go TTS it shouldnt be a concern. very marginal, but you'll feel it if u went TTS on Mirage and then half up on Hikes because Havens/Rattlesnake half up still felt snug out the box.
Thanks, I have the Rattlesnakes, which I’m guessing are a little bit more restrictive than the Mirages due to being leather vs nubuck/suede. I went TTS and they fit perfectly. Looking at pics, I thought the Hikes would be harder material.

Back
Top Bottom