Nike Devin Booker 1

I tried on my normal size and they're a little snug on the top. Length wise it was fine. There's enough girth too. I think they'll loosen up but I'll just keep them and wear them for a few months before returning them anyways to let the next man enjoy my stinky foot sweat

Quick and choppy thoughts after about 1.5-2 hours on clean court:
1. Surprisingly lightweight, cushion felt great for me all the way through.
2. Traction not a major issue for me at all, but I felt a few “weird” things on random cuts which are hard to describe. Almost like a peeling of the sole in certain areas or maybe just the overall new tackiness moving in an odd way.
3. Had to keep relacing, so I think that’s due to the materials on the upper. Still don’t think I would have played comfortably in my true 10. One area of tongue on left medial side of shoe was digging into my left lower ankle but nothing drastic.
4. Overall I liked playing in them but the shape of this being pretty different (not in a bad way) compared to cut academy and hustle 2 will lead me back to one of those models.

I’m more of a roomy toe box guy but going up to a 15 feels like major heel slippage since it sounds like length is fine TTS.

Not sure what shoe I'd compare it to, but I will say that I don't feel like they run small either. It's just the downward taper of the toe box is more aggressive that most Nike or JB shoes I own.

I feel that's the look and shape Book was going for. No roomy toe box action on these.

This sounds like Luka's first shoe, that Jordan Separate. That toebox slanted down just like these, and I thought I needed to size up. Swapped for a 12.5 and they were WAY too big. I just had to get used to the slope in my tts.

This sounds like Luka's first shoe, that Jordan Separate. That toebox slanted down just like these, and I thought I needed to size up. Swapped for a 12.5 and they were WAY too big. I just had to get used to the slope in my tts.
Oddly enough the shape/slope of the toe box is what’s intriguing me. Kind of reminds me of of AM1 shape in a way.

Walked right in to my local shoe palace this morning and they were fully stocked. I'm on the fence about keeping them
1000007202.jpg

Back
Top Bottom