Nike Flyknit Lunar3 ( 698181) March 1st 2015

why is this thread so weak lol? Also, I'm looking to cop below retail on the ghost greens, is that something realistic, or should I just BNTL?

why is this thread so weak lol? Also, I'm looking to cop below retail on the ghost greens, is that something realistic, or should I just BNTL?
Because Kanye hasn't worn these yet, not even joking. Both Lunar 1's and 2's went on clearance in FSR for most colorways so these shouldn't be any different.

Because Kanye hasn't worn these yet, not even joking. Both Lunar 1's and 2's went on clearance in FSR for most colorways so these shouldn't be any different.
Fair enough, I won't complain about that. Honestly, I expected to see quite a bit more interest in the 3's than the 2's, so that's why I was unsure. Guess I'll just sit on them for a little longer thanks!

Fair enough, I won't complain about that. Honestly, I expected to see quite a bit more interest in the 3's than the 2's, so that's why I was unsure. Guess I'll just sit on them for a little longer thanks!
what makes the thread weak?  If you want some toe pressed instagram pictures or you are looking for ikea shoe trees, this thread wont have them.  There are, however, many other threads that can supply this high if you need them.  

what makes the thread weak?  If you want some toe pressed instagram pictures or you are looking for ikea shoe trees, this thread wont have them.  There are, however, many other threads that can supply this high if you need them.  
the yeezy thread may cater to his needs 

I've seen a bunch on eBay in the $90-$100 range 

Yeah, I'm in Canada though, different world. $100 on eBay is like $200+ with dollar exchange and import fees. Can probably comfortably get them for $140, but no complaints, I've spent sub-$70 on all my flyknits at this point.

Just surprised more people aren't into them, I think they're a lot more dynamic looking than the NDC exclusive that everyone seems to really obsess over.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm in Canada though, different world. $100 on eBay is like $200+ with dollar exchange and import fees. Can probably comfortably get them for $140, but no complaints, I've spent sub-$70 on all my flyknits at this point.

Just surprised more people aren't into them, I think they're a lot more dynamic looking than the NDC exclusive that everyone seems to really obsess over.
Fellow Canadian, throw those deals my way when you get them.

As much as I love Lunar flyknits, the colorways they are dropping are just getting weaker and weaker.  Really disappointing.

The only colorway worthwhile IMO has been the black/white.  Also probably why it hasn't gone on sale.

same here, I feel the 1's had better coloways
1s to me are classics, have like 6 pairs. I do think that the 2s had better color ways than these also, but some have been decent IMO. I thought the blue lagoons, bright crimsons, womens teal, and like 2 others were good. Other than that though, a lot of them look really generic 

1s had the best aesthetics, but were the weakest in terms of actual running. 2s are much improved in terms of performance, and the 3s are the same outsole/structure as the 2s while featuring similar aesthetics to the 1. The 3 is basically the best of both worlds, and probably does the best job of highlighting the actual flyknit weaves, which both 1 and 2 barely did.

There've been a few 3s that caught my eye, but waiting for the lunar on my 2s to bottom-out before I can justify moving to the 3s.

Last edited:
1s had the best aesthetics, but were the weakest in terms of actual running. 2s are much improved in terms of performance, and the 3s are the same outsole/structure as the 2s while featuring similar aesthetics to the 1. The 3 is basically the best of both worlds, and probably does the best job of highlighting the actual flyknit weaves, which both 1 and 2 barely did.

There've been a few 3s that caught my eye, but waiting for the lunar on my 2s to bottom-out before I can justify moving to the 3s.
one problem that I definitely found on the 1s is the movement of the tongue. It got annoying pretty quick but they fixed it on the 2s. I have seen a few 3s for like $50-$80 on eBay that are new so if you get the chance check em out and they can be your next beaters 

Anyone?

I got the multicolor NIKEID in size 10.5 and they seem tighter in the WIDTH than when I tried the regular pairs at the store in the same size. Anyone know if NIKEID pairs run 0.5 a size or so smaller than regular pairs. Should I order an 11 or was it just a production issue?

Try the wide option

I should be shot for not noticing the width option. Lol! So the pairs in the store are wide instead of regular would you say? Because the 10.5 at the store was a glove fit, but 10 was tight.

I should be shot for not noticing the width option. Lol! So the pairs in the store are wide instead of regular would you say? Because the 10.5 at the store was a glove fit, but 10 was tight.
Pairs in store are regular I would say

Last edited:
Pairs in store are regular I would say

Hmm...my ID pair was definitely tighter than the pair I tried in store in the same size in 10.5 which is why I thought it was a one off issue. How big is the difference between regular and wide?

Last edited:
Hmm...my ID pair was definitely tighter than the pair I tried in store in the same size in 10.5 which is why I thought it was a one off issue. How big is the difference between regular and wide?
yeah, the iD's are slightly narrower than GR's in my experience but I do a few runs with them and they are good to go..

yeah, the iD's are slightly narrower than GR's in my experience but I do a few runs with them and they are good to go..

Thanks for that response. I was really puzzled what was going on. I figured they might stretch with time. So if I go with wide, they should fit well right out of the box or will I be swimming in them. Never bought a wide width shoe from Nike.

Thanks for that response. I was really puzzled what was going on. I figured they might stretch with time. So if I go with wide, they should fit well right out of the box or will I be swimming in them. Never bought a wide width shoe from Nike.
honestly, I don't think they'll be too wide.. so I think you'll be okay..

Back
Top Bottom