Nike Free Mercurial Superfly & Nike Magista Footscape

love all white shoes but in this case and how the shoes' silhouette is, it might look like just a pair of socks on feet

any on-feet pics?

would be awesome if the midsole would have been a gum sole

love all white shoes but in this case and how the shoes' silhouette is, it might look like just a pair of socks on feet

any on-feet pics?

would be awesome if the midsole would have been a gum sole
bruh its COOL. i would stock up on this shoe if i was me:)))

It's a little odd you guys are dying the orange black. The point of the orange was A. to differentiate from the HTM B. add a little color/uniqueness to an otherwise pretty plain shoe. Not that it necessarily justifies the msrp but youre essentially paying $200+ for an all black nike free 5.0 that oyu can't resell otherwise. imo the orange doesn't look bad, certainly not enough to go buy dye and stain the shoe to hide it.
I like the clean all black look, and the orange bothers me, that`s all. No pretending to own HTMs, no intention to resell a shoe that I love to wear like no other model and btw, I didn`t pay $200 
smile.gif

EWWWWW this comment is gross LOL.

..alot of people missed out on the HTM ...the point of nike releasing another black mercurial was to give those who didnt get the HTM a chance to cop something similar..nobody wants color on this shoe..they want simple..(look at how successful the HTMS are from the simple black with white midsole)the preview of the shoe was exactly like the HTM for months then all of a sudden they sprung the orange tabs on us wtff..... and WHO THE HECK IS TALKING ABOUT RESELLING????and if you were to resell, why would you modify the shoe in anyway before reselling????please man...stop.this shoe has a cult following..the shoe was on nike for a week with a full size run..everyone who wanted them got them and if you slept well thats tough luck. this not even close to "just another black flyknit"..this shoe is on some other SHHHHHH.

its not like people are trying to fake anyone out pretending they have HTMs...the black tabs just look better and its what we THOUGHT we were going to get. im schleep cuz really 

a cult following?

There shoes man. Settle down. You literally just talked like you found out Santa was not real.

Saw them at Portland Nike Employee Store for $100, size 10.5 :frown: Otherwise would've copped.

Just a half size off :smh:.

a cult following?
There shoes man. Settle down. You literally just talked like you found out Santa was not real.

That was the worst analogy ever but OK. Yes the shoe has a cult following it's not as popular as Jordans or LeBron's but the people that do like the shoe hold it highly. Your the one over here talking about reselling. Why would you try to resell a shoe after you have changed its original form ?

Last edited:
That was the worst analogy ever but OK. Yes the shoe has a cult following it's not as popular as Jordans or LeBron's but the people that do like the shoe hold it highly. You the one over here talking about reselling. Why would you try to resell a shoe after you have changed it original form ?

WTF are you talking about? I'm talking about resell? What?

He meant to respond to me. And the point I was making is most people are buying a $200+ shoe and dyeing it to make it look like another $200+ shoe, while decreasing its inherent value. By saying "without the resell value" I used a poor choice of words. What I meant is you bought a shoe then dyed it to look like a different shoe that is less unique/interesting than this one, and a large reason that shoe, the HTM flyknit mercurials, are so fawned over is because of the letters "HTM" and the associated resell value that comes with that name.

In my opinion the orange pull tab isn't that bad. A lot of what's going on here seems to be people dyeing a shoe to be more boring just so it looks more like an "exclusive." 

I wasn't saying don't dye it or you can't resell it.

Last edited:
He meant to respond to me. And the point I was making is most people are buying a $200+ shoe and dyeing it to make it look like another $200+ shoe, while decreasing its inherent value. By saying "without the resell value" I used a poor choice of words. What I meant is you bought a shoe then dyed it to look like a different shoe that is less unique/interesting than this one, and a large reason that shoe, the HTM flyknit mercurials, are so fawned over is because of the letters "HTM" and the associated resell value that comes with that name.

In my opinion the orange pull tab isn't that bad. A lot of what's going on here seems to be people dyeing a shoe to be more boring just so it looks more like an "exclusive." 

I wasn't saying don't dye it or you can't resell it.
The orange looks dumb bro. They gave us numerous photos of this shoe with no orange tabs so we had out hearts set on it. Then we get these orange tabs it looks cheap to me. The yellow htms were just sitting for 300 bucks not too long ago. Its more the color. Why is it that the all blacks sold out? But the grey/black and purples still sitting? Alot of people are buying the black ones because it looks like the htm even with the orange. If you keep a shoe there is no value. Your wearing it anyways. Its not going to hold value if its used it makes no sense

A lot of what's going on here seems to be people dyeing a shoe to be more boring just so it looks more like an "exclusive." 
replace "exclusive" with "appealing to that person". I just prefer core black, it`s pure and simple. It`s not about the HTM look for me, seriously. Some people think it`s boring, I like it. You prefer the orange one, I can understand it, that`s all I suppose.

That's exactly what's wrong with your comment. You're using your opinion to judge what is right and wrong inherent in people dyeing the heeltabs, of all things god forbid, black. People have different opinions, and some just happen to like the black.

I personally like both, but I like black on my heel better. Doesn't mean I'm going to chide people for leaving them orange.

I really don't care about this argument that much. I just clarified cuz dude went at someone else for what I said.

Search through this thread and you'll see dozens of people say "why the orange tab? Now it doesn't look like the HTM anymore." I didn't make that up. You may just not like the orange, but more than a few people in here are trying to dye it so it looks more like the original exclusive shoe. Or maybe I misunderstood what they meant by "now it doesn't look like the HTM."

If you're happy with your shoes with dye be happy. I'm happy for you. How you rock your kicks don't affect my life and my opinion shouldn't affect your decision. I was posing a question to those that sought after the HTM look seemingly because they were just HTM and none of them replied. no big deal. Enjoy your kicks.

Last edited:
Id never alter a shoe. If such a pivotal color/part of the design is a certain way and I really dont like it then I just wont buy it. Its like those dudes in the Ultraboost thread uncaging them, IMO looks terrible and if they didnt like the cage in the first place then why buy the shoe?

Id never alter a shoe. If such a pivotal color/part of the design is a certain way and I really dont like it then I just wont buy it. Its like those dudes in the Ultraboost thread uncaging them, IMO looks terrible and if they didnt like the cage in the first place then why buy the shoe?
thats what happens when you buy something. you can do what you want...with what ever you buy! and if the uncaged looked so terrible..adidas wouldnt have made an uncaged version lol

Last edited:
thats what happens when you buy something. you can do what you want...with what ever you buy! and if the uncaged looked so terrible..adidas wouldnt have made an uncaged version lol

Just cause you can doesnt mean you should. I personally dont like the uncaged UB look.
Most people in the UB thread abhor the uncaged look.

Back
Top Bottom