Nike Free Mercurial Superfly & Nike Magista Footscape

received these as a gift from my sis in a sz 9. i have sz 9's in two cw's of the footscape magista and lengthwise they're the same, but I think going .5 down would be just fine also, maybe even preferred (i wear a 9 in fk racers and padded trainers for reference). i couldn't try on in advance and couldn't find any size reviews or input so i went tts. the toe is more narrow than the footscapes and a little bit more roomier above the toe. i feel like the magista's flyknit upper wraps around tightly at the toe, but the zoom's have a little bit more room and space for toe wiggle. anyhow, i'll be keeping and wearing throughout the summer. fit and comfort is nice. not stiff at all and although i've never owned any spiridons in the past, i can say that i'm a fan. i have multiple models of the footscape motion variation but the zoom sole resting under the mercurial upper is comfortable and a seemingly functional/practical combo. just my .02 for anyone on the fence or curious.

27939218791_2b4f9cb789_c.jpg
I may have missed it, but has the black/white released in the states? Have only seen the white in stores, great looking shoe.

Tried on the obsidians and they just aren't for me. Going to put them on eBay unless anyone wants them. Size 10.5. Retail.

wow they really re-release those obsidian flyknit mercurial?? so nice!! it's should be done like this from beginning
I don't think it's technically a "re-release" because the first ones were HTM whereas these will not be. Even though it's practically the same sneaker

IIRC some of the boxes were mislabeled "HTM," but the Nikelab page and social media called them SP's. They would've for sure pushed the HTM aspect of that's what they were supposed to be. Blends and other places just ran with it.

Not that it really mattered though... Those things were a ***** to get regardless. :lol: Though in retrospect the HTM confusion probably made it harder with the hypebeasts

Last edited:
Yeah I was mistaken. For some reason I thought that the grey & the obsidian dropped the same time as the black when NikeLab first launched

I stand corrected

Man the original black HTM pair though...

I wanted a pair more than anything when they first released; they were instant grail status as far as I was concerned. I remember I was driving on the Interstate omw to work in the morning when they dropped and it took everything I had to not pull over right then in an attempt to cop. Probably would have struck out anyway, so in hindsight I'm not even that mad, but I recall being pretty salty for a good week thereafter right when it happened. 
laugh.gif

Glad the hype has died down since then and that Nike eventually came out with the FCs as a poor man's substitute. Combine that with the recent reissue of the early SP pairs and it's a good time to be a Merc fan.
smokin.gif

Man the original black HTM pair though...

View media item 2093220

I wanted a pair more than anything when they first released; they were instant grail status as far as I was concerned. I remember I was driving on the Interstate omw to work in the morning when they dropped and it took everything I had to not pull over right then in an attempt to cop. Probably would have struck out anyway, so in hindsight I'm not even that mad, but I recall being pretty salty for a good week thereafter right when it happened. :lol:

Glad the hype has died down since then and that Nike eventually came out with the FCs as a poor man's substitute. Combine that with the recent reissue of the early SP pairs and it's a good time to be a Merc fan. :smokin  
?? It was a surprise release and there was barely any hype. It released at like 5 am and easily copped. They sat on the site for a a few mins also

?? It was a surprise release and there was barely any hype. It released at like 5 am and easily copped. They sat on the site for a a few mins also
IIRC Nike had made a blog post the day before the release announcing the release date and time to coincide with the relaunch of NikeLab. It wasn't a surprise release to those that were following along. I saw the Twitter notification on my phone the following morning at 8AM (Eastern) while I was driving, but I thought that by the time I would have been able to safely pull over and try to buy them it would have been too late. Knowing that they sat for a good few minutes just makes it worse, but ah well. No sense dreading mistakes made two years ago.

Last edited:
IIRC Nike had made a blog post the day before the release announcing the release date and time to coincide with the relaunch of NikeLab. It wasn't a surprise release to those that were following along. I saw the Twitter notification on my phone the following morning at 8AM (Eastern) while I was driving, but I thought that by the time I would have been able to safely pull over and try to buy them it would have been too late. Knowing that they sat for a good few minutes just makes it worse, but ah well. No sense dreading mistakes made two years ago.
They did not sell out right away is what im trying to say. I got one and could have went back and got 2 pairs but i was not familiar with the shoe. I did not follow that blog and this is the first i have heard of it and have never heard anyone else mention it in here

They did not sell out right away is what im trying to say. I got one and could have went back and got 2 pairs but i was not familiar with the shoe. I did not follow that blog and this is the first i have heard of it and have never heard anyone else mention it in here
First time I heard about the blog posting also. I know by 9am et when i checked they were sold out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom