Nike Free Trainer 5.0 TB (3/28/13)

New colorway due out on 4/19 - these are pretty damn fresh

Jon "Bones" Jones edition - UFC fighter
    [h3]JBJ Free 5.0 TR[/h3]
    Black/Black-Gym Red
    Style# 623488-006
    $105

I don't know how i feel about these. I know they are trainers for the gym, but might look like i'm wearing dress shoes or something with that dark brown/black. Nike images suck. Gotta see some more. 

I don't know how i feel about these. I know they are trainers for the gym, but might look like i'm wearing dress shoes or something with that dark brown/black. Nike images suck. Gotta see some more. 
the "brown" you're referring to almost looks like it could be 3m, that could be why there is a color difference.

There is no brown. If anything, the red edge of the material combined with black gives that appearance in the pics but I'm sure they look different in person.

Dem Bones are heavy! Don't know how I'd go wearing a UFC endorsed shoe though... Not really down with that sport.

^ Thanks for the link, but they've been on NDC for around a month now :lol:. I ordered them around March 20th.

Last edited:
Damn i'm late then. You have any info on the volt/black color?
No release info or if they will even be a General release. Waiting on these too.
^ Thanks for the link, but they've been on NDC for around a month now
laugh.gif
. I ordered them around March 20th.
the all blacks just came out today on NDC is the US. They were available in Europe a month ago i think. Is that what you are talking about?

I tried on the pimentos in my local Sports Authority. They are really comfortable and I like how the new lacing system works. They are definitely performance shoes. The sole was nice and responsive and had lots of traction. However, I found the arch support somehow uncomfortable. Like it was pushing too much. Definitely go true to size with these. Sadly, the upper is mesh based but covered with a lot of nubuck it something like that so it doesn't stretch much so keep that in mind. Hope this helps :smile:

^ That's the first time I'm hearing about them. Not sure about any info. They're so sick though, I'm probably gonna cop :pimp:.

Same here. One of the cleaner colorways I've seen thus far. I just really don't want to pay shipping anymore. Really hoping they come to a wider distribution soon.

I'm assuming they'll eventually become available on NDC/elsewhere. Oneness had the blue/volts and I think the pimentos too before anyone else did.

On another note, the JBJ edititon sold out FAST today on NDC. Didn't know there was any hype for them at all.

The volt/black if they are ever released would be an awesome cop. I herd there is a poison green/grey colorway NRG coming out

thanks for pointing that out nick.  thats exactly what i was hoping.  and def saw the JBJs sell out quick. not sure if thats not another NDC glitch or not.  Might contact them tomorrow just to see because you dont see NDC leave a "sold out" flag online like that. They usually take it down pretty quick, no?
The volt/black if they are ever released would be an awesome cop. I herd there is a poison green/grey colorway NRG coming out
are you talking about these or a pair of trainers? http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-688809/pgid-688810

Last edited:
n7's look nice in person, also liked how they look on feet. just too many other shoes on my list before these

thanks for pointing that out nick.  thats exactly what i was hoping.  and def saw the JBJs sell out quick. not sure if thats not another NDC glitch or not.  Might contact them tomorrow just to see because you dont see NDC leave a "sold out" flag online like that. They usually take it down pretty quick, no?

are you talking about these or a pair of trainers? http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-688809/pgid-688810
check out previous pages. those are the woven. I'm talking about the volt/black 5 trainers that have been worn by Kaepernick and all the U of O athletes.

I know they were wovens. I was referring to your poison green nrg comment. I had not heard about any other nrg colorways. Any pics?

Back
Top Bottom