Nike Free Trainer 5.0 TB (3/28/13)

^ Nice :pimp:. You were able to cop off of NDC when they dropped? I saw the tweet 5 minutes after it was posted and by that time they were sold out :smh:.

Ya I bought them off NDC. I got pretty lucky after I saw they got sold out. No way I'd pay reseller price.

Found some new variations of the 5.0's upper with new midsoles. I am not sure if these are limited or what but I found them from Zzazin:

This time we have it available in a full length Air Max midsole, a Lunarlon midsole, and a Free 7.0 midsole. Tell me what you think!

Found some new variations of the 5.0's upper with new midsoles. I am not sure if these are limited or what but I found them from Zzazin:

This time we have it available in a full length Air Max midsole, a Lunarlon midsole, and a Free 7.0 midsole. Tell me what you think!
Those definitely look like either fakes or photo shops. 

Zzazin actually has a really solid track record on upcoming releases. I guess we will just have to wait and see
Still, I don't think Nike would just take the exact same upper and put it on a different sole. Only place I've ever seen them do that is with retros. Doing it with a brand new performance model isn't like them.

Update: Just got my platinum/greys in today. I absolutely love them. Do you guys want pics? (I know some were already posted earlier)

Last edited:
These are awesome IMO. The blue volt has now sold out on NDC anyone hear about the black volt release yet?

Last edited:
just copped the platinums off finishline for 75..these are gonna be worn into the ground this summer :pimp:

Last edited:
These may hit Nike iD soon. The mobile site has a "customize" button but it loops to the old free trainers.IMO these would be dope to iD. The color blocking would be sick.

Saw these in person and i wasnt too impressed, how is the fit?

They fit narrow and a little small. I got mine yesterday and love them. I got the blue volt colorway and glad I did. Can't believe they sold out with barely any marketing.

pimentos are sick, was so tempted to cop off zappos($90 with free ship), but got to try them in store first. Ppl saying they fit narrow, so I gotta decide between 12 and 13

Looking at these for my summer workout shoe. Colorblocking has so much potential. Wish more colorways would be coming our way. They could go really, really bold if they wanted, but simpler colors (ie platinums) look great as well. So tell me how most of the GRs look so bad?

Just a heads up found out the black volts are in the works but not scheduled to drop until late summer or early fall as a GR. But maybe their popularity will move it up a bit.

Last edited:
As Nickthestick said, they are a little snug at first, but after wearing them for a bit they fit me TTS. Very comfortable. The volt is so much brighter in person than in the pics.

True. the Free Trainers have always been a little on the narrow, snug side . . . at least for me.

saw the pimentos in person.... disappointing to say the least. They looked waaay better on the livestock Canada pics. still might cop if they go $70 or less

FYI, Spoke to a customer service rep at Niketown BH.  Volt/black colorway is scheduled to release some time in October. 

Back
Top Bottom