Nike Free Trainer 5.0 TB (3/28/13)

My dude, for the gym rats, Free Run 2's Vs. Flyknits Vs. Free Trainer 5.0.

Which would you take if you could only have one?

It depends on what you really need, if you are running, the Free Run 2 or the Flyknits. If you are training, the Free Trainer 5.0. But it also depends on what Flyknit you are talking about, there is the Free Flyknit, Flyknit Lunar1+, Free Hyperfeel, Flyknit Racer, and Flyknit Trainer.

Why the hell did Eastbay release the Oregons a week and a half early???
Nike upped the release date to 11/22 so they're not that early.

My guess is they didn't have a hard release date so once Eastbay had them in stock they put them up for sale just like any other regular release shoe.

Last edited:

11/22/13 on nike.com
[table][tr][td]11/22/13[/td][td]Free Trainer 5.0 'Ohio State'[/td][td]Reflect Silver/Reflect Silver-University Red[/td][td]$100[/td][td]639175-060[/td][/tr][/table]
Thanks for the info, just pulled the trigger and bought the Chris Carter ones.  From zero last Friday to four different pairs, soon to be 5 when these come out.  SMH.

Why is there never any 13's?  Between the Oregon release on EastBay, OU Duckstore, and now the OSU Beaverstore no 13's.  Hopefully Nike's official release on 11/22 will provide some better sizing options.

Thanks for the info, just pulled the trigger and bought the Chris Carter ones.  From zero last Friday to four different pairs, soon to be 5 when these come out.  SMH.
Great news on the OSU 5.0s.

Where'd you get the Carters from? Sapp is laying all over the place but Nike.com is completely out of the Carters and they didn't seem to be as wide a release.

Nike upped the release date to 11/22 so they're not that early.

My guess is they didn't have a hard release date so once Eastbay had them in stock they put them up for sale just like any other regular release shoe.
Good info!!! I didnt realize the release day had been pushed up, I must have missed that post. Thanks bro.

@derkro  good looks on the link! I've had good luck with Eastbay not demolishing any boxes thus far, hopefully the streak continues
haha. but seriously.....eb/fl/champs/fa and double boxing 
nerd.gif

I like the pinks..  Have had mine since beginning of October. Used them to wear on the sideline for coaching my football team.

Wore my blue/volt pair for the first time today.  First time wearing Free Trainers 5.0.  I must say, these shoes are very comfortable!  I like how the shoe offers a more natural step due to the Free 5.0 sole.  It's very nice, and feels like I am wearing a second sock.

Put them in a champs in Eugene and they will sell out so quickly.

Nike's way of targeting the widest audience possible I guess.  If FSU or Miami or Florida shoes were sold in Oregon, they'd probably sit for a long time.

Looks like I missed out on eastbay and they lied to me about info about them in a DM. If anybody knows anybody anyone or anywhere with size 6-7, let me know. I knew only champs would get those sizes and looks like I just missed .

Back
Top Bottom