NIKE+ FUELBAND --- Nike's Big Announcement (1/19/12)

The new silver fuelband looks sick... more of a classy look compared to the bronz/rose gold and vibrant color scheme.

BTW, Does anybody here know if this jacket is available on NDC??

Last edited:
Honestly, the silver one is just a waste. It's just basically the OG Fuelbands but with just shinier silver.

The new silver fuelband looks sick... more of a classy look compared to the bronz/rose gold and vibrant color scheme.

BTW, Does anybody here know if this jacket is available on NDC??

Yeah that's the fleece tech windrunner.

Is the fuel band really worth it? Has anyone ever bought from eBay or a non Nike retailer?

Definitely buy from Nike for warranty purposes. Well worth the peace of mind over saving a few bucks.

I have the first generation fuel band...bought it in Oct of 2012...the button got stuck yesterday so the display doesn't function at all...Nike said it's past the one year warranty and unfortunately it's nothing they can do about it...I'm probably won't buy a new one....talk about standing behind their products...you can return shoes for a freaking popped air bubble years later but not a top of the line electronic device...maybe Nike should stay in their lane of piecing together rubber, glue, and other cheap materials....

Any where I can find a comparison between the Fuel Bands? Im tempted to buy the $100 fuel band that is in my local Nike Outlet instead of the $150.

I just got a low mem on my original fuelband and i honestly think its because of the updates nike is putting out for the SE being to large in data.

I could be wrong, but if thats true thats a scumbag move on nike's part since the old ones are out of warranty and they dont know how to free up the memory.

Connecting your fuelband to your computer should transfer the data and free up memory. Other than that I have no ideas. Haven't heard of a low memory error before.

Low memory most likely means it's dying, unfortunately. I've been through three of the original bands and that low memory error always happens before it throws the 802 error message when you connect it to your computer.

So I got the low memory today on an SE that might be six months old...it uploads data to Nike+ but the message remains, so it's not dumping the memory as it should. Sooner or later I'm gonna run into problems as this will be FuelBand #4 in about 20 months if I try to exchange it. OG button stopped working, black ice display went wonky as soon as they put out the software with the SE launch, and now this.

finally giving in and looking to cop a fuelband after running on a sportsband for over a a year now haha. im more into running but i think i overloaded my sportsband cause it no longer tracks my pace, anything faster than 12:00 pace it shows "00:00" 
mean.gif

initially thought it was the sensor, but nike sent me a reaplacement and still the same reading. 

any advice? 

im looking at fuelbands now though

So is nike no longer replacing defective old models in store like they used to? Still replacing them with old models if they're within the one year warranty? Replacing them with the SE? How is it working because some of the lights on my old generation fuelband have gone out and no longer light up

So is nike no longer replacing defective old models in store like they used to? Still replacing them with old models if they're within the one year warranty? Replacing them with the SE? How is it working because some of the lights on my old generation fuelband have gone out and no longer light up

They either ship it out for replacement, or you can do it at any outlet

Yeah I assumed he was still within the one year. Otherwise you're SOL. But the old model is only being stocked at outlet stores now.

If you can provide original receipt or original packaging (and within one year), you can bring it to the Toronto Nike store and have them replace with an SE. I was on my 3rd OG replacement that stopped syncing. I stopped at the store to ask about my options, and they asked if I could pull up my original receipt. I showed them my order confirmation from Nike.com and they swaped it straight up for the SE.

Last edited:
forgot my fuelband at home this morning....
frown.gif

i have the se, and i was wondering how many of y'all shower with it on. i dont cause i dont want to risk anything. 

find me : Self . 

forgot my fuelband at home this morning....
frown.gif

i have the se, and i was wondering how many of y'all shower with it on. i dont cause i dont want to risk anything. 

find me : Self . 
I never shower with mine for the same reason. I don't want to risk ANY water damage or whatever, and I figure I wouldn't exactly be racking up the points anyway lol

I shower in mine twice a day, never had a problem with water damage. Plenty of other problems though :lol:

I replaced my fuelband for the second time, in August 2013.  I noticed last week that the band is starting to breakdown, for lack of a better term.  I am so done with this product.

thats weird, you have to continually hit those spots over and over for them to wear down like that. 

im pretty careful with mine, i hit the door jamb right with my fuelband and im still bummed over the dent/engraving it left
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom