NIKE+ FUELBAND --- Nike's Big Announcement (1/19/12)

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

the big feature is the help with motivating healthy changes in behavior.
yea just as fast as the surgeon generals warning label on cigarettes is stopping emphysema or lung cancer , this "fuel band" is all hype come now 

Originally Posted by Sourkush

yea just as fast as the surgeon generals warning label on cigarettes is stopping emphysema or lung cancer , this "fuel band" is all hype come now 
of course it's hype. but so was the ipod when it first came out 
nerd.gif

got home after work yesterday and i was still far from my goal. i workout 4-5x/week at the gym and yesterday was my day off. but i still went out and jogged around the neighborhood until i met the goal - got to see the cool little animation when it synced with the phone. doubt i'll be doing that extra jogging again anytime soon though. i don't think it captures the "fuel" being expended when you lift weights. guess i'll see today. 

nerd.gif

got home after work yesterday and i was still far from my goal. i workout 4-5x/week at the gym and yesterday was my day off. but i still went out and jogged around the neighborhood until i met the goal - got to see the cool little animation when it synced with the phone. doubt i'll be doing that extra jogging again anytime soon though. i don't think it captures the "fuel" being expended when you lift weights. guess i'll see today. 
im sure you have noticed the ipod evolved into the iphone , this "fuelband" i dont see it doing anything close to what apple has built , whats next a sweat band to calculate how much your caloric intake should be to help you eat better come now , sorry im not a believer in this product at all 

I've been enjoying mine - preordered on 01/19, and got it 02/22. The iPhone app is dope; a few syncing issues here and there but nothing I'm not used to with bluetooth products. Someone noticed i was wearing it last night at the foamposite madness in Vegas, but for the most part it's extremely light and similar to wearing a rubber band. I've been hitting my 2k fuel goal pretty easily, so I may have to take it up a notch and set my goal to 3k, lol.

Can the LED lights  stay on throughout the day showing the time?
 Or you have to press the button to show it every time?
Does the material seem to easily scuff?

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

They can't stay on throughout the day.  The battery would die pretty fast then.

I don't think it scuffs easily.  I've played basketball with it four times now and tennis once and it's fine.

The thing that I want to know is if there is anyway to make the Nike check show up.

Originally Posted by onoudidntgf

I don't think it scuffs easily.  I've played basketball with it four times now and tennis once and it's fine.

The thing that I want to know is if there is anyway to make the Nike check show up.
Thanks for the answers. Does anybody know when is Nike planning to restock?
Is it always gonna be limited or a few months from now Ill be able to find em in any Nike store?

nerd.gif

im sure you have noticed the ipod evolved into the iphone , this "fuelband" i dont see it doing anything close to what apple has built , whats next a sweat band to calculate how much your caloric intake should be to help you eat better come now , sorry im not a believer in this product at all 
The iPod evolved into the iPod touch, not iPhone. The phone is another beast.

And with your logic, you make it seem like you knew that the evolution would happen. Nobody ever knows how far a brand/company can take their product lines at first. They take cues and feedback and grow. The reason you aren't a believer is because you don't have an open mind about how important digital sport is/will be. I think Nike is just getting the ball rolling and other brands/companies will follow.

There is a lot of hype behind this product. And maybe it's justified, maybe it isn't. It's literally too early to tell.

Originally Posted by onoudidntgf

Thanks for the answers. Does anybody know when is Nike planning to restock?
Is it always gonna be limited or a few months from now Ill be able to find em in any Nike store?
according to their twitter they will be restocking regularly, but they'll be released in limited quantities. next release is 2/29 but they're only available online
you can find some on ebay for a little over retail though

^
Its coo if they plan to restock on a weekly basis. I dont plan on getting one till June so by then I guess they wont sell out as quickly and I expect all
Nike stores to have em

2ewe720.jpg

Been using it since Thurs, its a great motivator and a beautiful watch.
I see Apple influence everywhere from the packaging to the " set up " experience @ NTNY.
Felt just like I was buying a iPhone, I recommend it but its not for anybody...if your lazy dont waste your money.

Got the FB a few weeks back during the media launch but never really got around to using it. Will put it to use this week...but need to charge it first!

2vjpkyx.jpg

let me explain to you why this is a great idea
: it allows you to visualize your goal and how close it is
example: people get stuff done more efficiently when they write down what they need to do
2. the technology and the well thought out concept
3. the marketing ability of nike, they can sell and advertise anything
4. its fashionable , people like wearing things around their wrist
5. ITS NIKE!
6. and because of the failure of the jawbone UP, this was a perfect opportunity

you can attach the hype label to anything, it has become pretty cliche so lets be real

some of my gripes up to this point:
- it can't really track "fuel" expended when i lift weights.

- had to take it off when i walked the ocean reef for a few hours.

- when connecting to bluetooth, sometimes it shows the "X" even though the phone says it's connected.

on the plus side:

- my gf said we should poke and test it out.

overall, it's pretty inaccurate when measuring my lifestyle - it was the hardest to reach my goal on the weekend yet those are my most active days. i don't so much cardio, i mostly lift weights or fish/snorkel in the ocean. i'm going to use it on my vacation in 2 weeks cause i'll be doing plenty of walking. after that, i might just give it away. it's a nifty-looking gadget but it's not really for me. maybe after the next few iterations i'll try it again. 

I got mine on release day, and so far, it's a really nice watch and motivational tool.  Here's my short review

The first morning I used it, I wore my Polar heart rate monitor on one wrist and the fuelband on the other, while I did P90x: Legs & Back.  The calories burnt were: Nike+ Fuelband - 284 and Polar FT7 - 584.  So I just chalked that up to me not "moving" much.

The following morning, I did Insanity: Max Cardio Conditioning.  Nike+ Fuelband - 384 and Polar FT7 - 700....the huge gap between calories burnt was kind of disheartening.  On a positive note, the band does keep me moving more throughout the day.  For instance, I'll be at my desk, look at my wrist I just go walk up and down the stairs for some Nike fuel...
laugh.gif

6789707008_07a2ec1443.jpg

6935821093_4c919421bd.jpg

6935820329_59e9f6d5ea.jpg

6789705168_ef54458d54.jpg

Just got mine and it says its unusable. Apparently there's an error with the firmware update
30t6p3b.gif

This happen to anyone else?

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

I got mine on release day, and so far, it's a really nice watch and motivational tool.  Here's my short review

The first morning I used it, I wore my Polar heart rate monitor on one wrist and the fuelband on the other, while I did P90x: Legs & Back.  The calories burnt were: Nike+ Fuelband - 284 and Polar FT7 - 584.  So I just chalked that up to me not "moving" much.

The following morning, I did Insanity: Max Cardio Conditioning.  Nike+ Fuelband - 384 and Polar FT7 - 700....the huge gap between calories burnt was kind of disheartening.  On a positive note, the band does keep me moving more throughout the day.  For instance, I'll be at my desk, look at my wrist I just go walk up and down the stairs for some Nike fuel...
laugh.gif

6789707008_07a2ec1443.jpg

6935821093_4c919421bd.jpg

6935820329_59e9f6d5ea.jpg

6789705168_ef54458d54.jpg
Nice pics.

Back
Top Bottom