NIKE+ FUELBAND --- Nike's Big Announcement (1/19/12)

Did you guys get e-mail confirmation immediately? I paid via PayPal, got confirmation that I sent the payment, but no confirmation from NDC.

I got the order number and such from screen but didn't get a confirmation email yet and I have not seen any transactions pop up on my account...

I wonder how many of these things they are releasing at a time...

edit: just got my email.
pimp.gif

you guys are falling for the hype, i doubt you all need them that bad. hell i want one but im not spending $150. ill just scope ebay and wait til a fatty doesnt lose weight and wants to get rid of it. Might get a steal, you never know.

My take on the FuelBand

- It's not an accurate measure of physical output, but just overall activity. I did circuit training for 30 minutes and circuit weights for 20, totaled approx. 1000 points and 400 calories burned (the calories burned sounds about right).

- I'm using a size SMALL with the extension piece. I don't have large wrists so it's perfect for me (6'1.5", 185). Since it doesn't bend, having it too big can be a nuisance. I had the MEDIUM but found it a bit too loose, but that's just me. Don't be fooled by the size; just because you wear a size L in shorts doesn't mean you're a size L in the FuelBand. The Medium is the most common size.

- It does tell time, so it's definitely wearable as a watch. The FuelBand appeals to those who are already active in the first place so I wouldn't count on fatties selling their used copies on eBay.

- As far as I know, there is no option to have it permanently lit up on either the time or the Swoosh (or I need to read the manual)

- All in all, not a bad pick-up for $165. To me, it's a watch with cool capabilities haha.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

My take on the FuelBand

- It's not an accurate measure of physical output, but just overall activity. I did circuit training for 30 minutes and circuit weights for 20, totaled approx. 1000 points and 400 calories burned (the calories burned sounds about right).

- I'm using a size SMALL with the extension piece. I don't have large wrists so it's perfect for me (6'1.5", 185). Since it doesn't bend, having it too big can be a nuisance. I had the MEDIUM but found it a bit too loose, but that's just me. Don't be fooled by the size; just because you wear a size L in shorts doesn't mean you're a size L in the FuelBand. The Medium is the most common size.

- It does tell time, so it's definitely wearable as a watch. The FuelBand appeals to those who are already active in the first place so I wouldn't count on fatties selling their used copies on eBay.

- As far as I know, there is no option to have it permanently lit up on either the time or the Swoosh (or I need to read the manual)

- All in all, not a bad pick-up for $165. To me, it's a watch with cool capabilities haha.
The only way to get the swoosh I found out is to reset the fuelband.  I wish there was an option to have it on there.  I know there wouldn't be a point but it is a preference for me at least so I can take a picture of it.

Is their sizing thing accurate? The paper cutout? Says I'm a large, rarely is my wrist considered large.
nvm, stupid Xerox was printing portrait, I need a M

Finally got mine to work. Pretty nice overall, but I doubt it's very accurate. According to my step counter it looks like I'm a sleepwalker
laugh.gif
and I'm averaging around 18k steps
which I doubt is true. Calories burned also seems inaccurate but I haven't really done any intense workout so maybe I'm judging prematurely.
Still a nice looking watch

I have yet to see any comprehensive reviews on this product. Not really buying into Nike's "limited quantity, get it while we have some available!" hype. Every review I see is either mixed or just biased because the person is an extreme Nike fan or runs 20+ miles a week. Plus $150? Really?

Back
Top Bottom