NIKE+ FUELBAND --- Nike's Big Announcement (1/19/12)

NYC heads - these are on sale every day at Mercer at 4 and Niketown when they open.

Yesterday Mercer had about 30 people in line but it's not usually that bad.

I just received my third FuelBand last night, first two broke.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by finnns2003

I just received my third FuelBand last night, first two broke.
roll.gif

thats terrible
You're telling me. First time it was the clasp, second time it was the battery. I'm obviously nervous with this one but so far so good.

Originally Posted by idrinkyac

Can you guys tell me what's so special about these? I'm not buying into the hype of them

A whole lot of nothing , if u want a cool led watch or band that guesstimates calories burned or activity level so u can build the best shoe for ur needs this is for you , other then that I don't see this fuel band as anything useful

Its funny because it's true. It's a false sense of motivation, well, as motivated as you can be to keep achieving a higher number of fuel pts everyday.
Nevertheless, I still want one for those reasons.

I've been enjoying mine, and it's definitely a motivating factor that encourages you to be more active throughout the day. I've posted a lot of pics on instagram, same screen name.

Its gonna be a nice while b4 these actually be able to sit in stores i want one myself the hype around these are crazy i haven't heard about any reviews yet though

For those of you who have a fuelband: what trophies do you have? So far I have water, ice, fire, rainbow, and supernova. I'm trying to see how many trophies there is and what is the highest one?

Also, I just noticed the "Friends" button too ... But it doesn't seem to be active yet. When *it does go live, it'll make the fuelband a lot more interesting.

How is two fuelbands going to work on one iPhone? I'd imagine that each fuelband would have to be linked to a separate Nike+ account? Sounds like a lot of effort to test the accuracy. Good luck!

Originally Posted by ericjunior

How is two fuelbands going to work on one iPhone? I'd imagine that each fuelband would have to be linked to a separate Nike+ account? Sounds like a lot of effort to test the accuracy. Good luck!

Jail broken Iphone works wonders. Plus the fact i work for NT so i have 2 accounts already set.

still waiting for a restock on NDC. I think i'm a medium but the measurement thing shows that i'm right at the line for a M and L. From what i read on nike twitter it says to go with a L
frown.gif
. oh well

Originally Posted by Sourkush

Can you guys tell me what's so special about these? I'm not buying into the hype of them

A whole lot of nothing , if u want a cool led watch or band that guesstimates calories burned or activity level so u can build the best shoe for ur needs this is for you , other then that I don't see this fuel band as anything useful

I wouldn't say it's a "whole lot of nothing". The point-system is obviously flawed in some ways and the calorie counter could be completely disregarded, but I do whatever I can to meet my goal of 4000. I find myself working out more frequently, walking around more, and being more active - that's what the FuelBand's goal truly is. The fact that the band is right there telling me "dude, you were lazy as crap today" gets me going. For me, it's been VERY useful.

Has anyone used it at the gym yet? I've been wondering how it would reflect weight training workouts since the wrist isn't always moving very much

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by Sourkush

I wouldn't say it's a "whole lot of nothing". The point-system is obviously flawed in some ways and the calorie counter could be completely disregarded, but I do whatever I can to meet my goal of 4000. I find myself working out more frequently, walking around more, and being more active - that's what the FuelBand's goal truly is. The fact that the band is right there telling me "dude, you were lazy as crap today" gets me going. For me, it's been VERY useful.
basically a 
220px-Tamagotchi_0124_ubt.jpeg

Originally Posted by proto onslaught

still waiting for a restock on NDC. I think i'm a medium but the measurement thing shows that i'm right at the line for a M and L. From what i read on nike twitter it says to go with a L
frown.gif
. oh well
I think you can adjust it with a smaller link. Don't quote me on that though..
wink.gif

Originally Posted by proto onslaught

frown.gif
. oh well

no, go with the M...you have two spacers to make it a lg
i sold a med to a dude 6'1, 300 (min 35% body fat) and he used a med with one lg spacer

Back
Top Bottom