Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

Just waiting on those mirror photos like in the yeezy thread to see what everyone working with šŸ˜‚ I know what some people are talking about though when they say their bodies feel like an injury is coming. Sometimes Iā€™ll feel like that by my Achilles after a lot of running in basketball.

And just gonna add some of you guys in here are nuts. I canā€™t imagine playing 4 hours straight. I mean for sure with how my body feels, but more so with my wife probably calling me to ask where tf I am. With kids, dogs and other life stuff to take care of, idk how some of yaā€™ll do it but props. I used to do that in hs days

And just gonna add some of you guys in here are nuts. I canā€™t imagine playing 4 hours straight. I mean for sure with how my body feels, but more so with my wife probably calling me to ask where tf I am. With kids, dogs and other life stuff to take care of, idk how some of yaā€™ll do it but props. I used to do that in hs days
I can only manage 2 hours per session nowadays. funny though, the young guns are the same. but those 2 hours, it is a fast-paced game. during my last peak years of going to the ymca, I could manage 3 hours of a 3 times a week session of a combination of swimming, work-out and basketball.

I cannot manage that same kind of lifestyle now and I'm only allowed 1-2 times a week of gameplay during my day-off league days and evening practices when I'm not working. it is also tricky recently since my son moved his martial arts schedule close to my practice session. I hope to find a solution for that.

Lol mine always go ā€œare you coming home soon? Or are you going to be playing basketball all day?!ā€ Lmao only been gone for less than 90 minutes

the wifey would always ask whenever she's at home and I'm about to go out carrying my gym bag and basketball, like "you playing again? you know you are injured, right?" then gives me that stern look.

I used to play saturday and sunday early mornings. and still have to go to work in the afternoon if I have a work schedule during those days. I currently do Tuesday Nights as it is more flexible but quite tiring especially if I just came from work. during league season is really rough especially if I'm working on those dates as it could mean I couldn't attend those games or really gassed already since I just came from work a few minutes before game time.

the wifey would always ask whenever she's at home and I'm about to go out carrying my gym bag and basketball, like "you playing again? you know you are injured, right?" then gives me that stern look.
lmao, been there

Also the sideways comments about my injuries and feet hurting, plantar fasciitis and stuff, ā€œ you know you shouldnā€™t be wearing all those different shoes, itā€™s not good for your feetā€

Foh šŸ˜‚

yimingration yimingration oop came through :emoji_raised_hands: :pimp:
E32D108D-9626-4923-90C8-8B2F2401DE6D.jpeg

:emoji_pray: NT needs more members like yimingration yimingration da real MVP :nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

Just used the Jumps last Wednesday and today. My impression so far, in terms of comfort they feel like the Lebon 15s but quite different. It felt much stable and lower to the ground. I love the knit material on the Lebron 15s but the Jumps material isn't that bad at all. Felt more secure with the Jumps. Really bouncy.

Just used the Jumps last Wednesday and today. My impression so far, in terms of comfort they feel like the Lebon 15s but quite different. It felt much stable and lower to the ground. I love the knit material on the Lebron 15s but the Jumps material isn't that bad at all. Felt more secure with the Jumps. Really bouncy.
I stopped using the 15s after almost twisting my ankle in it. It was too high with no outrigger. Wish I had ordered it off NDC so I could've returned it.

I stopped using the 15s after almost twisting my ankle in it. It was too high with no outrigger. Wish I had ordered it off NDC so I could've returned it.

It's crazy how much some of these colorways go for now.

I bought the black/gold on sale for about $120 and had to return them in two months since the air unit popped but seeing my size on stockx it is now nearly $900

I got rid of mine after I slipped and twisted my ankle warming up in them.

I wasnā€™t anything major and I wasnā€™t running hard or fast but when I stopped, my ankle twisted.

I think I got rid of them more because of the traction. I have the black\gum colorway.

they were indeed quite scary to use for ballin especially if you are going off the ground. guess I was just lucky and playing really careful with them. got a teammate who got injured twisting his ankle wearing them. I'm selling my 15 "Ashes" eventhough the traction seems worn down to 5/10 status but the overall shoe still looks pretty good and clean.

It's crazy how much some of these colorways go for now.

I bought the black/gold on sale for about $120 and had to return them in two months since the air unit popped but seeing my size on stockx it is now nearly $900
now that colorway was the one that I liked to be my 2nd pair back then. I think I bought another shoe over it. I believe I bought the J32 MVPs instead.

Couldnā€™t wait to break these out for todayā€™s hoop session
B199D4D7-34DA-46F5-9C83-0660CBB28593.jpeg

Semi-dusty court here at the Y, no problem the traction was definitely on point. The cushioning setup reminded me of the Kyrie 8 forefoot fused with the heel of the KD 13 but not quite as clunky. Definitely felt broken in out the box, I know people are saying they remind them of the Kobe 8 but I feel like theyā€™re an upgraded version of the 360 NXTā€™s.

Looking forward to putting them on the court again later this week!

Here for some advice since we on the subject now:

I'm gonna be 39 this year and play 4-5 times a week. Lately I have been getting lots and lots of nagging little issues in my body and I don't recover the same way I used to couple pf years ago.

How should I start downgrading my workload, just cut playing time or replace some of it with gym work or how would you guys do it?
More stretching. Probably the most underrated aspect of physical competition at all levels but most necessary the older you get. It's been a game changer for me. I'm 43 going on 44 in a few months

Over 40 checking in hereā€¦

I remember when I was younger playing against some old heads and one of them told me this Iā€™ll never forget it:

ā€œI used to play to stay in shape, now I stay in shape so I can playā€

In my 30ā€™s I was really working out a lot in addition to playing ball. Now I mostly hoop and focus on eating right. Normally my weight is exactly the same or within 5 lbs of what I weighed back in college some 20 years ago. If I really cut out certain things I have gotten under my college weight on a number of occasions. I normally play in at least one adult league and my pickup hoops schedule looks something like this (canā€™t wear my watch in league but would be one more run in during the week)
92D806B4-C029-49AC-AAFB-F3B319746ABE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom