Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

What about the lack of a shank plate/torsion support compared to the GT 3? Is it really as noticeable as reviewers make it out to be?
Nah. I use move insoles if needed but even then, it flexes in half easy but in all honesty I’ve had zero concerns yet and I’m 6 foot 2, 215 lbs. most reviewers aren’t even real hoopers like that. Especially the one.

I can tell from the try on alone. Only played in GT Cut 2, GT Cut 3 and the last Precision model.

The Academy is Precision level shoe. And less flexible and comfortable. I would even say the aesthetics are inferior. Only thing it has going for it is a small, oddly shaped and placed rectangular zoom unit that does virtually nothing except be able to put zoom on the shoebox as a technology in the shoe.

I’m moving to serious players only exclusively.

No wonder Kobe himself wanted to ditch Nike back in 2019 heading into 2020.

The game one and player one plus have very good interchangeable drop in midsoles, for different players games, allowing customization and continuing the concept that Nike presented back when they used to give a **** about their performance quality. They are a reverse engineered Kobe that play virtually very similar. And the rubber compound is more durable than what Nike has been putting out for the past five years. The game one is durable enough to also be an outdoor shoe.

I’m over all the big name brands that are riding on former reputation while they continue to increase price point yet the quality continues to dip. Sad part is none of these brands during this downtime and regression from Nike, put in requisite effort to catch up to them and make the market more competitive for the swoosh to actually have to try and work at it again and be innovative.

And I’m damn sure not going to support super ugly and hideously over designed, and overpriced especially with import fees communist Chinese brands like Li Ning and Anta.
Serious Player Only - Player 1 Plus was my shoe of the year in 2023. That brand is doing it big.

23mj88 23mj88 , any foot/ankle pain the night/day after you’ve played in the academy? I had a very minor tweak TH night and next day my ankle/feet were both pretty sore. Not sure if it’s my age (40) or maybe also the cushion setup. I also really enjoyed them and having a tough time deciding if I even try the Cut 3. With the return policy, I will probably give them a go this week.
Not yet. I’ve played about 5 hours so far. I’ll update if and when that happens. I should have a full performance review out in a week.

Serious Player Only is also a Chinese brand though...
Who cares. They make fantastic product. I personally have critiqued the crap out of the first couple models and have worked with some of their people to change a few things for the better…and they listened. Their designers are ex Nike employees and their owners are based in the USA currently. Trust me, don’t get married to the bigger brands. They give you far less for more $

Who cares. They make fantastic product. I personally have critiqued the crap out of the first couple models and have worked with some of their people to change a few things for the better…and they listened. Their designers are ex Nike employees and their owners are based in the USA currently. Trust me, don’t get married to the bigger brands. They give you far less for more $

did you get any thing for working with them? a nice goodie bag or box?

did you get any thing for working with them? a nice goodie bag or box?
I’ve bought my first few through them. But other than an odd pair here and there no that’s it. I took some zoom calls with them to bring up concerns on weartesting some products prior to release and they went back and fixed them.

The game 1 (regular version) had some issues I was concerned about and was hampering fit and performance. They went back with the mid and corrected those issues and with those minor adjustments the mids are flawless.

I can tell from the try on alone. Only played in GT Cut 2, GT Cut 3 and the last Precision model.

The Academy is Precision level shoe. And less flexible and comfortable. I would even say the aesthetics are inferior. Only thing it has going for it is a small, oddly shaped and placed rectangular zoom unit that does virtually nothing except be able to put zoom on the shoebox as a technology in the shoe.

I’m moving to serious players only exclusively.

No wonder Kobe himself wanted to ditch Nike back in 2019 heading into 2020.

The game one and player one plus have very good interchangeable drop in midsoles, for different players games, allowing customization and continuing the concept that Nike presented back when they used to give a **** about their performance quality. They are a reverse engineered Kobe that play virtually very similar. And the rubber compound is more durable than what Nike has been putting out for the past five years. The game one is durable enough to also be an outdoor shoe.

I’m over all the big name brands that are riding on former reputation while they continue to increase price point yet the quality continues to dip. Sad part is none of these brands during this downtime and regression from Nike, put in requisite effort to catch up to them and make the market more competitive for the swoosh to actually have to try and work at it again and be innovative.

And I’m damn sure not going to support super ugly and hideously over designed, and overpriced especially with import fees communist Chinese brands like Li Ning and Anta.
Coooooooool…

Serious Player Only is also a Chinese brand though...

The context to which he was replying to

Sorry. Didn’t mean to go so hard at you. I clearly didn’t understand the context and I actually agree with you….👍😬
No offense taken. And I agree with you, most Chinese brands are beefing the tech on their shoes. Only critic I got for Anta and Li Ning/WoW is that their top tier shoes are double the price of the regular shoes. Retail price of the Shockwave 5 pro in my country at first was $220, but they decreased the price for the 2 current cw to $180.

IMG_7367.jpeg

these look nice. while I like the idea of having a different shoe with a different design aesthetics and performance, that upcoming black colorway of the 38's is too hard to ignore. have to rewear-test these Cuts again if they change my mind. can't have both so I have to choose only one.

No offense taken. And I agree with you, most Chinese brands are beefing the tech on their shoes. Only critic I got for Anta and Li Ning/WoW is that their top tier shoes are double the price of the regular shoes. Retail price of the Shockwave 5 pro in my country at first was $220, but they decreased the price for the 2 current cw to $180.
that's why I never care buying them since they cost more for a relatively unknown brand.

I think the Jump 2's have ruined the cushioning of other basketball shoes to me. I have a few pairs and that's what I wear most of the time. And they're outstanding.

Tried on the Cut 3's, they're OK. I guess I'll just need to try them on the court to truly give an opinion. But I guess I'm used to maximum cushioning now and it's hard to go back.

I think the Jump 2's have ruined the cushioning of other basketball shoes to me. I have a few pairs and that's what I wear most of the time. And they're outstanding.

Tried on the Cut 3's, they're OK. I guess I'll just need to try them on the court to truly give an opinion. But I guess I'm used to maximum cushioning now and it's hard to go back.
I made the mistake of wearing a pair to try on some new kicks a couple weeks ago and it wasn’t fair.

Jump 2 worth trying for a guard that’s used to the Cut? I love cushion but always prefer a low. Have to imagine Jump 2 isn’t much higher cut than Hustle 2 which I just sent in for warranty claim.

Last edited:
Jump 2 worth trying for a guard that’s used to the Cut? I love cushion but always prefer a low. Have to imagine Jump 2 isn’t much higher cut than Hustle 2 which I just sent in for warranty claim.
Jump 2 cushion is a bit higher off the ground but it’s truly out of this world. I didn’t think I would like it but it’s truly spectacular. Maxxxxxxxxxx cushion

Jump 2 cushion is a bit higher off the ground but it’s truly out of this world. I didn’t think I would like it but it’s truly spectacular. Maxxxxxxxxxx cushion
sadly, I didn't have a great experience with the Jump 1s. looking at the Jump 2s and even if it has better materials and definitely a finished product compared to the Jump 1s, that hard plastic is one terrible concept.

comparing the Cut 2s and Cut 3s, the Cut 3s have more of the Cut 1s DNA and definitely appealing. guess Nike realized their mistake that downgrading the quality of the Cut 2s and trying to weasel or fool consumers with the name won't make the shoes sell well.

there is only a downside to the Cut 3s though that it is quite expensive but I don't care since it's quality. the only dilemma is at the price point that I have to choose between the Cut 3s and Jordan 38.

Back
Top Bottom