Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

1708140048555.jpg

Jump 2 worth trying for a guard that’s used to the Cut? I love cushion but always prefer a low. Have to imagine Jump 2 isn’t much higher cut than Hustle 2 which I just sent in for warranty claim.
It’s the first shoe I’ve ever worn that I could feel helping my jump. Not necessarily higher but it felt like it was springing my foot. It actually took me a couple of games to get used to the feeling.

sneeker sneeker which hard plastic on the jump 2?
that same black torsion plate that sits between the outsole and midsole. once that plastic is exposed when the outsole is gone, it's just terrible. it didn't help that it extends to the heel which is even more of a bother and always gets caught with other players. as I said, terrible design flaw with no purpose. if they want the shoe to be stable, they could have implemented a better design.

It’s the first shoe I’ve ever worn that I could feel helping my jump. Not necessarily higher but it felt like it was springing my foot. It actually took me a couple of games to get used to the feeling.
without that, it would have been a fine shoe for me.

I had to unfortunately exchange my GT Hustle 2; the right shoe had a very loud squeaking noise coming from it, like the Zoom unit had popped or something. Hopefully the next one I get doesn't have this issue!

that same black torsion plate that sits between the outsole and midsole. once that plastic is exposed when the outsole is gone, it's just terrible. it didn't help that it extends to the heel which is even more of a bother and always gets caught with other players. as I said, terrible design flaw with no purpose. if they want the shoe to be stable, they could have implemented a better design.
If you wear the shoe long enough to expose that plate then the shoe has done its job. Nothing to do with the plate. I’m on my 4th pair and I have yet to catch that heel plate on any other player. The purpose is to flex and respond with stability from heel to toe.

If you wear the shoe long enough to expose that plate then the shoe has done its job. Nothing to do with the plate. I’m on my 4th pair and I have yet to catch that heel plate on any other player. The purpose is to flex and respond with stability from heel to toe.
that's where my disappoint comes. my Cut 1s have outlived the Jumps eventhough the Cut 1s have more mileage in them. aside from that. the thin materials on the upper used in the toebox was horrible and for some reason didn't broke in and was constantly pinching and giving pressure on my lateral toes. cushion wise they are nice but other aspects of it left something to be desired. anyways, Cut 3s seems to be the shoe of the moment as far as sigs go this year. not really impressed with the cheap alternative for the Cut 3s. I know some reviewers spoke highly of that shoe but they aint it for me.

that's where my disappoint comes. my Cut 1s have outlived the Jumps eventhough the Cut 1s have more mileage in them. aside from that. the thin materials on the upper used in the toebox was horrible and for some reason didn't broke in and was constantly pinching and giving pressure on my lateral toes. cushion wise they are nice but other aspects of it left something to be desired. anyways, Cut 3s seems to be the shoe of the moment as far as sigs go this year. not really impressed with the cheap alternative for the Cut 3s. I know some reviewers spoke highly of that shoe but they aint it for me.
I didn’t like the Jump 1 either - loved the concept but the execution was too much upper. The 2 is waaaay better for me - way more flexible and the ankle collar feels better and not as restrictive.

I have the Cut 3 and they feel great all around - fit, traction, cushion (not bouncy but the right combo of spring and protection). That price though - no way they should be above $130-$140.

I have the Cut 3 and they feel great all around - fit, traction, cushion (not bouncy but the right combo of spring and protection). That price though - no way they should be above $130-$140.
I completely agree on the price which for me is ridiculous. but I'm not complaining much since it's quality. quite disappointed with the cheaper options as far as durability goes. they would have been great, if not for some issues.

I completely agree on the price which for me is ridiculous. but I'm not complaining much since it's quality. quite disappointed with the cheaper options as far as durability goes. they would have been great, if not for some issues.
The three middle eyelets ripped off of my cut 3’s before I even played - just lacing up. Fortunately they are just stickers (the silver lace holes) and the shoe is still structurally ok.

So if y’all had to go All Star Cut or Jump with JD cash rewards, what’s the call? Probably trying the jump in red on the deep Nike discount before I make the decision but didn’t get to hoop in Cut 3, just Academy.

I didn’t try them but Scheels has the Blk/pink for a really good price - may grab them now. ($100 in store).

Awww come on I wanted your opinion :rofl:

I just picked up the Blk/pink pair for $76. I've watched reviews and many like them but some have complaints.

Back
Top Bottom