Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

I can’t mess with the 8/9 period. Those lunar drop ins bottom out and offer zero cushion. Love the aesthetics but the cushion is horrid after a couple weeks

Now that you say that, I'm curious why my pairs haven't bottomed out yet. I've been hooping on those same insoles for years....granted I only play maybe 30 days outta the year.

Now that you say that, I'm curious why my pairs haven't bottomed out yet. I've been hooping on those same insoles for years....granted I only play maybe 30 days outta the year.
Cushion expectation may just be different. I need that zoom spring feeling. Lunar is know. To flatten and lose its feeling rather quick which is for the most part why Nike isn’t using it anymore. The react coupled with zoom strobel is unreal personally.

Lunarlon was an amazing foam cushion if not for it's horrid durability. not sure if you have seen that video on how they made the Lunarlon, it was like chewing gum in elasticity. I remember it was the preferred and marketed cushion for Lance Armstrong with his Live Strong marketing ad. my wife loved the cushion btw.

^The Kobe 8's were my favourite Kobe's of all time, but you're right in that the durability sucks sacks. Court feel and traction were out of this world — but tbh you'll quickly forget all that with the GT Cut.

I've bought 25+ pairs of 2K4's — those are my golden standard that meets my triangle criteria of Traction, Support and Court Feel.

^The Kobe 8's were my favourite Kobe's of all time, but you're right in that the durability sucks sacks. Court feel and traction were out of this world — but tbh you'll quickly forget all that with the GT Cut.

I've bought 25+ pairs of 2K4's — those are my golden standard that meets my triangle criteria of Traction, Support and Court Feel.
Ya Kobe 8 were money. …. For a couple weeks. I suffered a mean bruised heel coming down from a dunk. This was a couple months into playing in them and the cushion was toast. Yes the court feel is and was amazing but especially at my age, I’ll take a happy medium of courtfeel and cushion. To me the Cut offers this. I still feel super low to the ground (all things considered) and the zoom offers nice bounce back, react drop in offers that mushy feeling. For me it’s a perfect blend of court feel and cushion

I hooped in those hauraches so much. So comfy.

Finally got a chance to try them on. Went TTS. I like the fit. Didn’t pick em up though. Waiting for those volts🔥

Yea :\ they were my favorite shoe back in middle school.
I didn’t get a chance to pickup the OGs. Was excited for the retro. But disappointed shortly after hearing the reviews on the retro. Hate when they do that, retro a shoe and take out all the tech and up the price.

I didn’t get a chance to pickup the OGs. Was excited for the retro. But disappointed shortly after hearing the reviews on the retro. Hate when they do that, retro a shoe and take out all the tech and up the price.
Yeah as mentioned above the kobe 4 protro sucked because of that.

I would say I had about 20 OG pairs, then 10 retros.

One of the last from Alpha Project.

The GT cuts are very much why I love Nike's innovation. When they get it right, they get it right. Even more dope that there was a female involved in the design process.

I hooped in those hauraches so much. So comfy.

went for a run with the Kobes' , I mean Cuts today around the track. weather was cool in the morning which is great unlike yesterday where I even called sick since the weather was damn brutal. did some sprints and my acceleration is getting better as long as my knee don't act up. outsole is holding up pretty good and no sign of wear and tear yet. I feel they still need more break in time with the cushion as the insole mold haven't really formed in my feet yet. gotta beat these more.

went for a run with the Kobes' , I mean Cuts today around the track. weather was cool in the morning which is great unlike yesterday where I even called sick since the weather was damn brutal. did some sprints and my acceleration is getting better as long as my knee don't act up. outsole is holding up pretty good and no sign of wear and tear yet. I feel they still need more break in time with the cushion as the insole mold haven't really formed in my feet yet. gotta beat these more.
I returned my pair. Gonna order sz 14 in volts on the 12th. I just need a tinyyyy bit more room for them to be perfect. Hopefully a size up isn't too long but my toes were already almost at the end in the 13. If anything I think i can actually wear elite socks in the size 14 if they're too big LOL.

I returned my pair. Gonna order sz 14 in volts on the 12th. I just need a tinyyyy bit more room for them to be perfect. Hopefully a size up isn't too long but my toes were already almost at the end in the 13. If anything I think i can actually wear elite socks in the size 14 if they're too big LOL.
I'll have my left midfoot checked in a few days since it feels irritated when wearing the Cuts. not sure if it is fully healed since it sustained an injury from wearing those defective 35s. I'm still mad about it though and worried that I couldn't play in the coming months.

I'll have my left midfoot checked in a few days since it feels irritated when wearing the Cuts. not sure if it is fully healed since it sustained an injury from wearing those defective 35s. I'm still mad about it though and worried that I couldn't play in the coming months.
I'm actually getting mild plantar fasciitis on my left foot toward the heel bone. It happened when I played in my old pair of 13s from the countdown packs from like 10+ years ago lmfao... Currently figuring out how to treat it but it only hurts in the morning and I have to do wall stretches for a few mins. Hoping that I can play in the cuts because I need the cushion. If the sz 14s don't fit me well I'm gonna consider trying the Puma Clyde all pros because they're said feel exactly like the kobe 9s which I pick as my all time favorite ball shoes.

I’ve played twice now in the GT Cuts. For reference, I’m 5’10, 185 lbs, and have had multiple ankle surgeries.

So far this is the best shoe I’ve played in…ever? The cushion setup is money, the traction is incredible, the court feel is literally perfect, and and the nice wide base fits my foot quite well. This is the first “these are them” moment that I’ve had since maybe the OG Zoom BB or the LeBron 6 (don’t sleep, those are crazy)!

I completely understand that the shoe might not work for anyone, but if it works for you, just wow. Really am impressed and blown away at how good it is for me. I’ve noticed NW mentioned that they are not cushioned enough - I respectfully disagree, and I’m only a few years younger, probably am 30 lbs heavier, and as I’ve mentioned, I’ve had multiple serious ankle surgeries, so my feet are destroyed. I always play in custom orthotics, so the only risk I see is potentially aggravating some foot issues that my orthotics are designed to protect against. I should be good assuming I don’t play more than 3x a week.

I’ve played twice now in the GT Cuts. For reference, I’m 5’10, 185 lbs, and have had multiple ankle surgeries.

So far this is the best shoe I’ve played in…ever? The cushion setup is money, the traction is incredible, the court feel is literally perfect, and and the nice wide base fits my foot quite well. This is the first “these are them” moment that I’ve had since maybe the OG Zoom BB or the LeBron 6 (don’t sleep, those are crazy)!

I completely understand that the shoe might not work for anyone, but if it works for you, just wow. Really am impressed and blown away at how good it is for me. I’ve noticed NW mentioned that they are not cushioned enough - I respectfully disagree, and I’m only a few years younger, probably am 30 lbs heavier, and as I’ve mentioned, I’ve had multiple serious ankle surgeries, so my feet are destroyed. I always play in custom orthotics, so the only risk I see is potentially aggravating some foot issues that my orthotics are designed to protect against. I should be good assuming I don’t play more than 3x a week.
I loved the lebron 6s had like 4 pairs but they get hot fast because of how much materials are in the upper.

just a question, how long do you play? like 3 hours per session?

I'm also in disagreement with NW with some of his "personal" assessments. I don't believe the Cuts are not cushioned enough but more about the person's wear and tear. I have played in other shoes with mediocre cushion and it's not that even close to those comparing to the Cuts. I'm also more about jumping and have good amount of speed and agility. surely I jump and run a lot more than NW's spot-up jumpers. also got a bad and surgically repaired knee and have osteoarthritis. so not sure, maybe he have issues that he isn't aware of.

I am with you my guy. These are the only kicks I rock on court any more

This is great to hear! What kind of game do you play? Can you dunk? Almost dunk or dunked back in the day? Like would you consider yourself a leaper? Block shots, that sort of thing? I can't trust Nightwing's cushion estimations on the other end - like he gets literally 11, 12 inches off the ground on his jumpers. He's not out there flying so I can't trust that part.

I think the critique of the shoe by the shoe doctor was too much movement in the shoe. But if you've got stuff stabilizing your foot and your game isn't explosive and you aren't creating tons of force by jumping relatively high and coming down with all your bodyweight on your feet, you're not going to approach problematic levels that would cause injuries.

I'm still staying away but if those eybls release I might have to "try" them again :lol:

But yeah, putting them on and moving around in them just felt weird. And since that one dude is a professional player, I'm still on the 'no' side, because I've played in dozens of shoes and when you put a shoe on, you typically know from jump, and the cuts just felt weird.

I loved everything about the Cut - and I’m WAY heavier than Nw (220, 5-10) and yes, I was still dunking until 36-37 (I’m older than that now). For some reason though I felt like I was getting shin splints when I wore the cut for more than 4-5 games. I had the same feeling with the Harden 4. Im going to get a new pair ASAP and try them again.

This is great to hear! What kind of game do you play? Can you dunk? Almost dunk or dunked back in the day? Like would you consider yourself a leaper? Block shots, that sort of thing? I can't trust Nightwing's cushion estimations on the other end - like he gets literally 11, 12 inches off the ground on his jumpers. He's not out there flying so I can't trust that part.

I think the critique of the shoe by the shoe doctor was too much movement in the shoe. But if you've got stuff stabilizing your foot and your game isn't explosive and you aren't creating tons of force by jumping relatively high and coming down with all your bodyweight on your feet, you're not going to approach problematic levels that would cause injuries.

I'm still staying away but if those eybls release I might have to "try" them again :lol:

But yeah, putting them on and moving around in them just felt weird. And since that one dude is a professional player, I'm still on the 'no' side, because I've played in dozens of shoes and when you put a shoe on, you typically know from jump, and the cuts just felt weird.
I still play basketball. sadly, my leap isn't as good as it used too now. a combination of age, tremendous weight gain and injuries caused that. but since my game was more of a leaper, the impact on the feet and knees was too much. I love to cut or slash a lot, go for rebounds and block shots as if it was my programming. I still do these things even at my age but I have to adapt to changes as well.

as far as the Cut shoes are concerned, not sure about what you meant about too much movement. but as far as cushion goes, they are fine to me in basketball. it's not like I'm wearing Jordan 1s which I can attest I wouldn't risk doing the things that I do as I could already feel the impact on the knees. as far as weird feeling on the cuts, it's the bump on the midfoot. apart from that, nothing unusual.

Back
Top Bottom