Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

Just had my first game in these after not playing for about 2 years… as out of shape as I am now, these GT Jumps feel as light and as fast as the 34!

I think I do prefer the 34 lowness to the ground as these things add some 2-3” inches to my height lol. Still tho, not bad at all.

I purchased the EP version and wore my braces too. A little narrow but not terrible.
I'm quite stoked on trying out my Jumps next week for some shoot-around. don't wanna play yet since I still have my leg injury assessment and wanted to play it safe. in fairness, I've been doing some light deadlifts so there's some progress atleast.

what do you guys feel about stacked insoles?

Does it make the insoles/shoes more cushiony?

I feel like it just defeats the purpose.

Shot around in the Jumps this evening for about 45 minutes indoor. I like the bounce but they did hurt the middle of my feet. Probably need to break them in more. And I might have tied them a bit tight. I like the idea and tech behind the shoe. But if they continue to hurt my feet I don’t think they can be in the rotation.

what purpose? stacked insoles or stacked zoom cushion? insoles are the inner top part of the shoe.

Not sure if I understand the question but if you’re talking about double stacked cushioning then I think in general it sounds better than it actually feels/performs. Not that it’s bad but when I hear double anything I think 2x…so double stacked Zoom should have 2x the bounce, but it doesn’t.

If I put two mattresses on top of my bed I don’t think I’ll sleep any softer then I did with just one. I think it depends on the top mattress, so if that one’s firm and the bottom one is soft I should still have a firm ride. I think a lot of the newer double stacked setups have Zoom strobel on top you’re going to have a responsive but not super bouncy ride there. Although the heel unit in the Jumps is OD so you’ll definitely feel the compression in that area.

So yeah I don’t think it defeats the purpose but it doesnt really change all that much from a single Zoom unit based on my experiences

Not sure if I understand the question but if you’re talking about double stacked cushioning then I think in general it sounds better than it actually feels/performs. Not that it’s bad but when I hear double anything I think 2x…so double stacked Zoom should have 2x the bounce, but it doesn’t.

If I put two mattresses on top of my bed I don’t think I’ll sleep any softer then I did with just one. I think it depends on the top mattress, so if that one’s firm and the bottom one is soft I should still have a firm ride. I think a lot of the newer double stacked setups have Zoom strobel on top you’re going to have a responsive but not super bouncy ride there. Although the heel unit in the Jumps is OD so you’ll definitely feel the compression in that area.

So yeah I don’t think it defeats the purpose but it doesnt really change all that much from a single Zoom unit based on my experiences
I believe it would be more about the impact dispersion or force distribution rather than comfort. something similar how a dual density foam concept but this one uses air, fibers and pillars. there might nor might not be that much of a difference in comfort but rather the application is different in some way.

Last edited:
I believe it would be more about the impact dispersion or force distribution rather than comfort. something similar how a dual density foam concept but his one uses air, fibers and pillars. there might nor might not be that much of a difference in comfort but rather the application is different in some way.
I agree that stacked zoom is more about the dispersion and stability. In theory (and I say this hypothetically since I’m not an expert), having two 4mm zoom units stacked would be more muted than a thick 8mm unit, since there is less compression within each 4mm unit and the plastic surfaces of each bag in between.

I agree that stacked zoom is more about the dispersion and stability. In theory (and I say this hypothetically since I’m not an expert), having two 4mm zoom units stacked would be more muted than a thick 8mm unit, since there is less compression within each 4mm unit and the plastic surfaces of each bag in between.
pretty much common sense. added that each unit could have a different psi.

Don't think we've seen these before unless its the lighting. Tobias Harris.

tobias.JPG

but resellers will eat that up and the normal folks won't have a chance.

Theyd be instant sell outs on NBY too. Nike isn’t gonna let a top tier basketball shoe be a free for all like some PGs and even at times PGs we’re unavailable and had to catch them at the right time.

Why can't they just put these on Nike By You?

The have to put the Cut anywhere first.

I was thinking of pulling the trigger on that first black colorway of the Cuts for $250 on StockX, then I say my sz 14 jump to over $500 and resigned myself to the fact that unless something drastically changes, I will be one and done this model.

The have to put the Cut anywhere first.

I was thinking of pulling the trigger on that first black colorway of the Cuts for $250 on StockX, then I say my sz 14 jump to over $500 and resigned myself to the fact that unless something drastically changes, I will be one and done this model.
Yea I'm a sz 14 too in cuts and was debating the black pair

Initially bought all three - cut, run and jump. Loved the cuts. Sold the runs right away after trying them on (the upper didn't do it for me). Sold the Jumps after wearing them twice or so (I guess I got too accustomed to the cuts' low profile)...

Now I'm in the market for more cuts but I'm debating if I should shell out $300 plus or just get some more KD 14's.. (I prefer cuts over the 14's tho while I think 14's are a very nice shoe as well) or KD 15's when they come out..

Initially bought all three - cut, run and jump. Loved the cuts. Sold the runs right away after trying them on (the upper didn't do it for me). Sold the Jumps after wearing them twice or so (I guess I got too accustomed to the cuts' low profile)...

Now I'm in the market for more cuts but I'm debating if I should shell out $300 plus or just get some more KD 14's.. (I prefer cuts over the 14's tho while I think 14's are a very nice shoe as well) or KD 15's when they come out..
you already said Cuts. that's pretty much you want.

Back
Top Bottom