Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

Anyone have experience with the Converse All Star BB and the Cuts? I had heard good things about the high top BB and how it was similar to Kobe’s.

Anyone have experience with the Converse All Star BB and the Cuts? I had heard good things about the high top BB and how it was similar to Kobe’s.
170423c-6.jpg

I love these so bad aesthetically. but they just ran too narrow for my foot, especially from the mid area to the toebox line. I would have bought them if they weren't constricting. other than the fit, the shoe is great for me personally. beautiful shoe.

Using mine today casually. Its a low not hi top though. Very comparable to kobe nxt 360. Though im using a Lebron 11 drop in right now so its super comfortable but the react drop in is not bad.
try to visit a converse outlet. Saw tons of them for around $50-$60

Attachments

• C90C1F91-A863-422E-95B0-6174561A1C3C.jpeg
    C90C1F91-A863-422E-95B0-6174561A1C3C.jpeg
    427.8 KB · Views: 127
From what Ive noticed for myself is as I get older with drop in midsoles demand that I do a lot of barefoot exercises in order to strengthen the feet. With a shoe that’s so flexible and mailable you are mostly relying on the strength of the foot itself and the shoe more for impact protection.

Hard to say. All I can tell you is to me they don’t feel substantially different than any other drop in midsole shoes.

maybe it’s an age/flat footer problem as these shoes are pretty mushy. Maybe you guys need a firmer set up that has a more rigid mid foot setup with a carbon plate?

I have been a runner for years so I do believe I have built a tolerance through that, for me this cushion set up is perfect and the only thing I’ve noticed slightly once or twice is the bulge, but it has gone away now once the react has broken in.

No shoe is perfect, I do think if they did a slightly slimmer drop in midsole with a carbon/plastic plate attached to the bottom of the drop in to add rigidity that would help.

I do believe these are far superior to the NXT 360 (traction wore away in like 2 hours, no zoom etc), they did at least have a plastic plate for support which I do think these would benefit with:
FFD108AD-351B-477C-BC75-87C3160ABAC0.jpeg
EC757B62-DD2C-4B12-A4C3-7AEF90D75C97.jpeg

Last edited:
Hard to say. All I can tell you is to me they don’t feel substantially different than any other drop in midsole shoes.

maybe it’s an age/flat footer problem as these shoes are pretty mushy. Maybe you guys need a firmer set up that has a more rigid mid foot setup with a carbon plate?

I have been a runner for years so I do believe I have built a tolerance through that, for me this cushion set up is perfect and the only thing I’ve noticed slightly once or twice is the bulge, but it has gone away now once the react has broken in.
could be. feet also differ from one over the other. what works for one person, doesn't generally works for the others in general. I guess this was the reason why shoes were customizable in the past. it is just now that they made them universally standard.

could be. feet also differ from one over the other. what works for one person, doesn't generally works for the others in general. I guess this was the reason why shoes were customizable in the past. it is just now that they made them universally standard.
Yeah because I remember the jordan 2011s had multiple drop ins with one having a carbon plate. I might be playing ball on a really good outdoor court on thurs to try cuts out. Hopefully they're good to me.

I figured out how to put on the cuts perfectly everytime now LOL. Gotta pull your sock and fold it over the top and then as you slide your foot in, it rolls in easy.

I figured out how to put on the cuts perfectly everytime now LOL. Gotta pull your sock and fold it over the top and then as you slide your foot in, it rolls in easy.
congratulations. I did that. I must say the bump on the Cuts doesn't bother me that much although it's still there. I would break them in further tomorrow during my early jog.

used my Cuts for a 4K jog/sprints today. damn shoe is so bouncy that I felt like a gazelle in the serengeti. so far, no pain of any sorts. I still feel the awkward bump under the midfoot area but nothing that caused me discomfort but rather a bit of annoyance. overall, it was a good jog. just below my average but I feel I could run on the shoe. my sprints was horrible though and could need some conditioning to get that speed back again.

Great video on the runs showing all the tech and explaining it.

His opinion on drop ins

looking at the Runs deconstruction, I got curious on the Cuts and it's own deconstruction. I saw how low profile the Cuts really are and basically only sits on the outsole. it is literally close to being barefoot. there isn't a midsole other than the hell section which isn't really that high at all and very much resemble about the typical foam cushion height which is low.
anyhow, I still find it surprising that some people feel the Cuts are narrow while as almost a wide footer, I find them to be just right. could it be the foam material or the cage that make people feel they are narrow? my Cut pair pretty much expanded and broke in except for the react insole. I find the Runs fit narrow despite having a paper thin material. that material feels like having an anaconda swallow your feet.

looking at the Runs deconstruction, I got curious on the Cuts and it's own deconstruction. I saw how low profile the Cuts really are and basically only sits on the outsole. it is literally close to being barefoot. there isn't a midsole other than the hell section which isn't really that high at all and very much resemble about the typical foam cushion height which is low.
anyhow, I still find it surprising that some people feel the Cuts are narrow while as almost a wide footer, I find them to be just right. could it be the foam material or the cage that make people feel they are narrow? my Cut pair pretty much expanded and broke in except for the react insole. I find the Runs fit narrow despite having a paper thin material. that material feels like having an anaconda swallow your feet.
After putting on my usual ball shoe socks (was using thin socks on initial wears around the house) I began to feel more pressure on my pinky toe. I might buy a size 14 to see if I can get away with a full size up since 13.5 doesn't exist. I think I should be ok because i have like a quarter of an inch or less of space from my big to the end of the toebox.

After putting on my usual ball shoe socks (was using thin socks on initial wears around the house) I began to feel more pressure on my pinky toe. I might buy a size 14 to see if I can get away with a full size up since 13.5 doesn't exist. I think I should be ok because i have like a quarter of an inch or less of space from my big to the end of the toebox.
so far, it seems that thick socks (especially the ones that crumple easily) don't mix well with the shoe. I'm using just the standard socks that are not too thick for the insole to grab aggresively. also, using small sized socks length wise, makes it a perfect fit. and loosening the mid laces rather than sliding your feet inside also helps in avoiding those wrinkles. rather than pulling your socks more, it's better to drop your foot inside which is easier.

so far, it seems that thick socks (especially the ones that crumple easily) don't mix well with the shoe. I'm using just the standard socks that are not too thick for the insole to grab aggresively. also, using small sized socks length wise, makes it a perfect fit. and loosening the mid laces rather than sliding your feet inside also helps in avoiding those wrinkles. rather than pulling your socks more, it's better to drop your foot inside which is easier.
It just sucks that the area where my pinky toe is hitting is covered by fuse so I don't think it'll break in there. I think I can benefit from sizing up to 14 tho because that'll let me use my usual ball socks. The extra toe space won't be too bad since my toebox doesn't have that much room anyways in the 13.

Hm...so the cuts are good for wide footers. Might have to try a pair on.
Yeah it def good for people who have a wide outrigger (lateral side of the shoe). A lot of shoes make the lateral side of my foot under my pinky toe feel sore after playing ball but not in these. Just be cautious about if your feet are wide in the toe area. It might rub on your pinky toe just a bit. My feet are extra wide tho so playing ball in them was a little restricting on my pinky toe. I'm gonna try sizing up.

Yeah it def good for people who have a wide outrigger (lateral side of the shoe). A lot of shoes make the lateral side of my foot under my pinky toe feel sore after playing ball but not in these. Just be cautious about if your feet are wide in the toe area. It might rub on your pinky toe just a bit. My feet are extra wide tho so playing ball in them was a little restricting on my pinky toe. I'm gonna try sizing up.
Which color do you have?

Back
Top Bottom