Nike HYP Chase (ASG, Fragment Design Trio Released 2/12/2015)

Nike is coming for my jugular 
laugh.gif

No I play in the Hyperchases. They are similar to the kobe 8's, if u need a comparison.
I respect your opinion, not sure if you were referring to playing in them, but in my humble opinion, I've hooped in Kobe 8's since they released, numerous pairs, and these aren't even in the same ballpark.

The Kobe 8 sucks to your foot like a sock, closest thing to barefoot out there. The Hyperchases feel like bricks, and the tongue is so thin that the laces go right to your foot, which doesn't work out to well. 

Edit: I had high hopes for these, needless to say I am disappointed. Only 3 wears though, I'll be optimistic and hope they get better.

Last edited:
Could never play in the 8s after hearing so many bottom out stories. Won't play in these. I'll stick to the hyper revs from last year to be honest.

I guess I am the only one who thoroughly enjoys these

Im 5'10 190, i figure the cushioning is good for my weight and they legit feel comfy to me, they got way softer after hours of play as well

And the court im on is always well maintained, so traction was feeling good

Lockdown was the best feature of the shoe in my eyes, didnt have to lace them all the way up(I figured thats why they dont feel too small for me)

balled in the dark green fragment ones. hurt my feet and have no traction or ankle support. avoid at all costs 

Could never play in the 8s after hearing so many bottom out stories. Won't play in these. I'll stick to the hyper revs from last year to be honest.
No offense intended, but 8's are absolutely designed for lighter guards. I'm 6'1", 165lbs. 

8's have non-existent cushioning, but if you are on the lighter side, cushioning has never been of the utmost importance. 

No offense intended, but 8's are absolutely designed for lighter guards. I'm 6'1", 165lbs. 

8's have non-existent cushioning, but if you are on the lighter side, cushioning has never been of the utmost importance. 

o i know... i was all in the 8 thread tho.... the stories were enough to keep me from balling in them. plenty of other options out there.

I just copped my pair of "NCS" yesterday. tried them on in store and they feel good. if you ever tried the Kobe 9 with the LeBron 11 insoles...they feel like they're right in between. you still have that "to the ground" feel but not high with so much bounce feel with the insole swap. I'll see how they perform on court later.

Last edited:
Saw the black grey pair at fnl.... CLEAN

but my wife had put me on shoe restrictions tho....... In my smokey voice: "But when she leave, I'll be shoe'ing again"

o i know... i was all in the 8 thread tho.... the stories were enough to keep me from balling in them. plenty of other options out there.
On that note even, 2 of my 8 pairs of 8s had the carbon crack, and I always went straight through the heel cushioning. Cause heel aches, but I loved the shoe so much I overlooked it. Never owned a pair of the elites with the zoom, still want to. 

Saw the black grey pair at fnl.... CLEAN

but my wife had put me on shoe restrictions tho....... In my smokey voice: "But when she leave, I'll be shoe'ing again"
laugh.gif

i almost bought those red and and white ones, but they're all sold out  
sick.gif

Last edited:
are there any insole differences between the models? im thinking of either getting the black/grey or another NCS.

Spotted James Harden finally wearing a pair last night. Let's see if he sticks with them for the whole game this time...

Edit. : He switched back to Run The One after the 1st quarter and started scorching the Pelicans.

Last edited:
Lol at Harden constantly switching out of the hyperchase and them proceeding to perform better than when he was in them. Idk about this shoe's performance but for wearing to class they're like the perfect shoe. Great for just kickin it, my asg break necks everytime

Lol at Harden constantly switching out of the hyperchase and them proceeding to perform better than when he was in them. Idk about this shoe's performance but for wearing to class they're like the perfect shoe. Great for just kickin it, my asg break necks everytime
These things ripped the hell out of the skin on my Achilles.  Anyone have that issue?

Clearly Nike didn't really weartest this shoe at all. Throw some dead cushion in a flimsy shell, come up with great colorways and sell for $100. Harden probably looking at nike like :stoneface: this what y'all give me to wear during the best season my career?

Back
Top Bottom