Nike HYP Chase (ASG, Fragment Design Trio Released 2/12/2015)

Just got these from House of Hoops.

It was the last one and the tongue signature "H" is melted or something. I had the option to return or size up or down, but I decided just to keep them F*** It I guess. I'll wear what I want to wear! 
I would've returned em. Look like somebody put out a cigarette on them joints.

Ok

Picked these up tonight from HOH(apparently I bought the first pair.

First off, this shoe is AWESOME. WAY better in person. Almost can't believe it is $120. I honestly feel this is the winner of this year's pack.

Sizing:

My TTS is 10.5 but damn the toebox is narrow and I don't really have a wide foot per se. The entire shoe runs TTS but I HAD to get an 11. My left pinky toe was hurting with the 10.5. 1/2 up still feels snug but you get a little toe box room similar to the Kobe 9 like others stated. If you have a definite narrow foot def stay TTS. If not I would go half up.

Seriously though, AWESOME shoe.

I'm the thread starter and I don't feel the same way as y'all about the AS after seeing them in person. They were underwhelming to me, and honestly they looked too low-top. They alright, just not all that.

Ok

First off, this shoe is AWESOME. WAY better in person. Almost can't believe it is $120. I honestly feel this is the winner of this year's pack.

Sizing:

My TTS is 10.5 but damn the toebox is narrow and I don't really have a wide foot per se. The entire shoe runs TTS but I HAD to get an 11. My left pinky toe was hurting with the 10.5. 1/2 up still feels snug but you get a little toe box room similar to the Kobe 9 like others stated. If you have a definite narrow foot def stay TTS. If not I would go half up.

Co-sign...Even tho I like the Lebrons and the Kyries, these stood out the most to me. I can see these being my "throw on" shoe like when I run to the store or take my son to school. These will definitely get a lot of burn from me.

Went half size up just like I do for the kd7 (I can fit a kd7 size 10, I just get 10.5 for width). I had a chance to try them in a 10 too length was fine but width was a SLIGHT issue. I opted for the 10.5 because this is going be an everyday sneaker that imma have to easily come in and out of. The ankle collar lacks cushioning and the part behind the Achilles will definitely bend inwards permanently if you try to just step into them without untying the laced leaving it warped and scratching your Achilles. For reference I'm a 9.5 in Js, 10 in lebron xii and 10 in kobe 9 elite low (although I should get a 10.5 for extra width too in the kb9). Swapped out for the full length zoom insole of my dunkmans XIs immediately. I used a size 10 lebron xi insole inside a size 10.5 hyperchase. Comfort is on point now.

View media item 1399329View media item 1399335

Last edited:
Went half size up just like I do for the kd7 (I can fit a kd7 size 10, I just get 10.5 for width). I had a chance to try them in a 10 too length was fine but width was a SLIGHT issue. I opted for the 10.5 because this is going be an everyday sneaker that imma have to easily come in and out of. The ankle collar lacks cushioning and the part behind the Achilles will definitely bend inwards permanently if you try to just step into them without untying the laced leaving it warped and scratching your Achilles. For reference I'm a 9.5 in Js, 10 in lebron xii and 10 in kobe 9 elite low (although I should get a 10.5 for extra width too in the kb9). Swapped out for the full length zoom insole of my dunkmans XIs immediately. I used a size 10 lebron xi insole inside a size 10.5 hyperchase. Comfort is on point now.

View media item 1399329View media item 1399335

Do the LeBron insoles fit well?

First thing I do when I get home is try them with the Kobe IX insert

Did you have a chance to do this yet ?

It actually fits perfectly IMO if you take out the insole of the XI you can see the outside edges of the insole is raised so when you drop it in the hyperchase there is no gapping or space.

I want to know if anyone has used the same size insole from the XI in the same size hyperchase. If I had to guess length wise it should fit but since the XI insole is thicker than the original hyperchase insole and people are already complaining it's narrow in the forefoot this might be be a problem.

And kb9 insole fit fine aswell equivalent sizes fit perfectly. Closer to the size if not smaller than the hyperchase insole definitely low to the ground nice court feel.

Last edited:

Not real sure but if you have any luck please let me know! I really wanted these but had a meeting at work and couldn't cop!
They won't take phone orders for 48 hours after the drop, so call in Saturday morning and if they have any in stock you should be able to!

It actually fits perfectly IMO if you take out the insole of the XI you can see the outside edges of the insole is raised so when you drop it in the hyperchase there is no gapping or space.

I want to know if anyone has used the same size insole from the XI in the same size hyperchase. If I had to guess length wise it should fit but since the XI insole is thicker than the original hyperchase insole and people are already complaining it's narrow in the forefoot this might be be a problem.

And kb9 insole fit fine aswell equivalent sizes fit perfectly. Closer to the size if not smaller than the hyperchase insole definitely low to the ground nice court feel.

Used Same size insoles from some XI Nike Ids and they did fit perfectly only problem was that the thickness difference did leave less room for your feet. They still fit fine but more snug, so if they already fit tight before then i wouldn't suggest switching them .

Btw I use a Sz. 10

Went to my local HOH to pick up a pair and was surprised that they still had a pair in my size.  I went 0.5 size up and they fit perfect.  Right after I left the store, I went straight to the gym to play some pickup games for two hours.  The shoe looks and feels great on court!

i slept on these.  I thought the silhouette and colorway was super fresh when pics first surfaced the web.  Thought to myself maybe i'll grab these, but not on release day.  didn't think they would sell out.  I'll try and grab them on a restock, plus i think in due time these resellers who are selling for $180+ will end dropping the price to retail + ship

I have a no clear sole policy, but seeing these in person I couldn't resist. :nthat:

Ok

Sizing:

I said that a week or two ago, and I more strongly believe it now.

Last edited:
skipped the release online because i figured they would sit and i could go back and scoop (apparently sold out online).  Decided to take a quick browse through my local HOH and there they were sitting.   Got my size and happy i made this purchase.  As some are stating this is definitely my favorite out of the AS pack this year.  Great silhouette / colorway.  Good low top shoe to rock in the summer

As far as first day sales, I think only the Hardens and Kyries will sell out. The rest will sit a few days but eventually sell out.

Tried them on at NT. Comfy at first but I dont think these will be the comfiest of shoes after a few runs. The bottom is kinda meh on the cushioning. The best looking AS shoe IMO though.

Back
Top Bottom