Nike Hyperfuse 2011

Originally Posted by TDIDDY3

How do these fit? I'm normally a 10. I bought a 10.5 (as per eastbay's recommendation) on the 2010 hyperfuse lows and they felt a little big. I had to double sock to get a great fit. Should I go for a 10 or 10.5 on these??? I appreciate the help as I can only buy these online.

In the same exact boat..copped a 10 in USA's, was too snug then went up to 10.5 and they felt perfect with 2 pr. of socks..
dunno whether i should go up a half or not..

Balled in Rudy's Monday night. Nod easily goes to this years in my opinion. A bit heavier in my opinion, but much more supportive especially in the medial area. Also a tad bit more comfortable as well. Definitely a fan. I'm a PG/slasher so ankle support is very very important to me.

Went back and copped the Rondo's last night but I'm not sure that I'll keep them. The black and neon ones (the ones actually featured on Rondo on ndc) are very appealing. I'm on the fence....While I appreciate the fact that the masses wont have the Rondo's, exclusivity isnt my major thought in purchasing a sneaker...colorway is huge for me personally.

Those Sparks/NYC are so nice.

JS"

Balled in Rudy's Monday night. Nod easily goes to this years in my opinion. A bit heavier in my opinion, but much more supportive especially in the medial area. Also a tad bit more comfortable as well. Definitely a fan. I'm a PG/slasher so ankle support is very very important to me.

Went back and copped the Rondo's last night but I'm not sure that I'll keep them. The black and neon ones (the ones actually featured on Rondo on ndc) are very appealing. I'm on the fence....While I appreciate the fact that the masses wont have the Rondo's, exclusivity isnt my major thought in purchasing a sneaker...colorway is huge for me personally.

Those Sparks/NYC are so nice.

JS"

^No Prob at all.....Glad to help. I stuck with the same size. I wore an 11 in last years model and the same this year. Towbox may be a tad narrower in 2011 but nothing to complain about. This may sound strange but my right shoe felt like it had a little more room than my left (The "experts" say one foot is bigger than the other anyway so maybe thats what it is lol). I wear 2 socks when I ball so that solved that problem. I dont slide at all in these. Overall the shoe just feels more secure than last years. Another thing thats a bit different is the padding at the outside of the ankle.. The 2011 has less than the 2010. Any other questions, I'll be glad to answer.

JS"

^No Prob at all.....Glad to help. I stuck with the same size. I wore an 11 in last years model and the same this year. Towbox may be a tad narrower in 2011 but nothing to complain about. This may sound strange but my right shoe felt like it had a little more room than my left (The "experts" say one foot is bigger than the other anyway so maybe thats what it is lol). I wear 2 socks when I ball so that solved that problem. I dont slide at all in these. Overall the shoe just feels more secure than last years. Another thing thats a bit different is the padding at the outside of the ankle.. The 2011 has less than the 2010. Any other questions, I'll be glad to answer.

JS"

Does HoH ship to other Footlockers? Like if I went to a Footlocker for a stock locate or something and asked them to ship it to their store do they do that?

Does HoH ship to other Footlockers? Like if I went to a Footlocker for a stock locate or something and asked them to ship it to their store do they do that?

Originally Posted by Jersey Sauce

I wore an 11 in last years model and the same this year. Towbox may be a tad narrower in 2011 but nothing to complain about. This may sound strange but my right shoe felt like it had a little more room than my left (The "experts" say one foot is bigger than the other anyway so maybe thats what it is lol). I wear 2 socks when I ball so that solved that problem. I dont slide at all in these. Overall the shoe just feels more secure than last years. Another thing thats a bit different is the padding at the outside of the ankle.. The 2011 has less than the 2010. Any other questions, I'll be glad to answer.

JS"
THIS

I recently played in both the Hyperfuse 2010 and the Hyperfuse 2011. Like JS put it the 2k11's blow the 2k10's out of the water. I played for about 45 minutes in each, first in the 2k11's, then the 2k10's, and then back to the 2k11's. FYI 10.5 is my true-to-size, but I went .5 up with both of these shoes. First thing you notice is how much of a better fit the 2011's are overall. There is little break in time for the 2011's, similar to the 2010's. The current Hyperfuse doesn't feel like there is excess room in the toebox like the previous model. Also when playing in the 2010's the toebox does felt alot stiffer, almost to the point where I feel discomfort.  The ankle support is more cushioned and fits better as well. Since the ousole pattern is the same as the 2010's, there is not much to compare between the two traction wise other than heel slip. This year's model I feel pretty comfortable playing in these wearing one pair of socks, as opposed to the last year's in which it almost felt necessary to double up. The heel slip in the 2011's is not an issue, and I feel really secure when cutting or going around screens. Obviously breathability is not an issue with either model, so I won't go too in depth. Since I've only played in the 2011's for a total of 3 hours, durability can't be determined. Overall, the 2011's just feel better all around. Leo Chang improved on the 2010's weaknesses, which results in this being a very solid basketball shoe.  

The only negative I've heard about is the cushioning in the achilles area. My brother has also played in the 2011's, and said that he started to feel discomfort by his achilles due to that cushioning. It may also be because the shoe isn't completely broken in, so only time will tell if the material softens.  

Thanks for reading...

coolgrey81

Originally Posted by Jersey Sauce

I wore an 11 in last years model and the same this year. Towbox may be a tad narrower in 2011 but nothing to complain about. This may sound strange but my right shoe felt like it had a little more room than my left (The "experts" say one foot is bigger than the other anyway so maybe thats what it is lol). I wear 2 socks when I ball so that solved that problem. I dont slide at all in these. Overall the shoe just feels more secure than last years. Another thing thats a bit different is the padding at the outside of the ankle.. The 2011 has less than the 2010. Any other questions, I'll be glad to answer.

JS"
THIS

I recently played in both the Hyperfuse 2010 and the Hyperfuse 2011. Like JS put it the 2k11's blow the 2k10's out of the water. I played for about 45 minutes in each, first in the 2k11's, then the 2k10's, and then back to the 2k11's. FYI 10.5 is my true-to-size, but I went .5 up with both of these shoes. First thing you notice is how much of a better fit the 2011's are overall. There is little break in time for the 2011's, similar to the 2010's. The current Hyperfuse doesn't feel like there is excess room in the toebox like the previous model. Also when playing in the 2010's the toebox does felt alot stiffer, almost to the point where I feel discomfort.  The ankle support is more cushioned and fits better as well. Since the ousole pattern is the same as the 2010's, there is not much to compare between the two traction wise other than heel slip. This year's model I feel pretty comfortable playing in these wearing one pair of socks, as opposed to the last year's in which it almost felt necessary to double up. The heel slip in the 2011's is not an issue, and I feel really secure when cutting or going around screens. Obviously breathability is not an issue with either model, so I won't go too in depth. Since I've only played in the 2011's for a total of 3 hours, durability can't be determined. Overall, the 2011's just feel better all around. Leo Chang improved on the 2010's weaknesses, which results in this being a very solid basketball shoe.  

The only negative I've heard about is the cushioning in the achilles area. My brother has also played in the 2011's, and said that he started to feel discomfort by his achilles due to that cushioning. It may also be because the shoe isn't completely broken in, so only time will tell if the material softens.  

Thanks for reading...

coolgrey81

My local HOH had 1 left in my size, so I gave in...
2s5xv75.jpg

bAyArEaFliP - what size did you pick up at serramonte?  i'm thinking of swinging by there this wknd...

bAyArEaFliP - what size did you pick up at serramonte?  i'm thinking of swinging by there this wknd...

damn I may need to grab another pair of the westbrooks.. feel like ima regret it .. just like I should have picked up 2 pairs of the kd creams

damn I may need to grab another pair of the westbrooks.. feel like ima regret it .. just like I should have picked up 2 pairs of the kd creams

im not one for bright colored shoes but im contemplating getting the Rudy's even though i havent worn mids in a long time.

im not one for bright colored shoes but im contemplating getting the Rudy's even though i havent worn mids in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom