Nike Hyperlite - First Actual Clear Look - Pics

These are better then hypermax. I dont think these outdo the hyperdunk on looks but I do like them. No plans to get them righ not though, well see about colors

i'm getting that white men can't jump vibe from these. roflmao! yeah, it was prolly already said..but i'm too lazy to read the entire thread.

Command Force colorway
nerd.gif

looks a little familiar, hmm...

my problem was the lunarfoam bottomed out so my forefoot got beat up playing in them. nike just keeps getting dumber.

these are nice... if it ends up being the same way as the hyperdunk...
i might just end up with 2 pairs or 3 lol but who knows

joints look like a mix between the hyperdunks and some griffeys. a better colorway may be nice tho.

Looks just like the 2k4s...jsut with flywire. They really need to do something with the bottoming out too... and I see no one has addressed how a largerzoom unit in the heel will solve that.

eek.gif
eek.gif
Oh man oh man oh man oh man. My jaw literally dropped and my eyes widened when I just saw these. I will be in debt up to my eyeballs by the timethese release, but I'll have to find a way to buy them.

Originally Posted by Mugen EP

Originally Posted by joejoebob2099

IF it has the same setup as the hyperdunk, how does a larger zoom unit (which is in the heel) address the issue of the lunar foam (in the forefoot) from bottoming out?

Still waiting for someone with knowledge to break this down as well.....

ok guys look here: http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?sit...p,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-176314/pgid-176302http://store.nike.com/ind...-1/pid-176314/pgid-176302

It seems the zoom is not just in the heel but also up front, which would explain why a larger one would help the botttoming out issue.

IF it has the same setup as the hyperdunk, how does a larger zoom unit (which is in the heel) address the issue of the lunar foam (in the forefoot) from bottoming out?

That.

As for the comments about the midsole being lower: If it's still the same Lunar Foam unit in the forefoot, and there's less phylon there as wellwouldn't that make the bottoming out problem
seem worse?

Originally Posted by swingshot

That.

As for the comments about the midsole being lower: If it's still the same Lunar Foam unit in the forefoot, and there's less phylon there as well wouldn't that make the bottoming out problem
seem worse?

In that picture I posted above it shows the zoom unit in both the heel and the front so adding an ever bigger one would create more cushioning all around.right? I'm just as confused as everyone else so feel free to chime in.

Originally Posted by topshelfkicks

Originally Posted by swingshot

That.

As for the comments about the midsole being lower: If it's still the same Lunar Foam unit in the forefoot, and there's less phylon there as well wouldn't that make the bottoming out problem
seem worse?

In that picture I posted above it shows the zoom unit in both the heel and the front so adding an ever bigger one would create more cushioning all around. right? I'm just as confused as everyone else so feel free to chime in.
the picture just shows you where the zoom air is in shoes that happen to have full-length zoom. hyperdunks still have zoom air ONLY in the heel.there is no zoom air in the forefoot.

as for the hyperlite question, it puzzled me as well because i, too, don't see how a larger zoom air unit would resolve the "bottoming out" issuethe lunar foam has.

Originally Posted by geezybodalegend15

Originally Posted by MaZeDOwNeR

Via: http://www.kixandthecity.com/2009/01/13/nike-hyperlight-first-detailed-look/KixandtheCity.com

Following up on our first [Nike Hyperlite post], we take a clearer look at the upcoming successor to the Nike Hyperdunk. The Nike Hyperlite is not a "lite" version of the Hyperdunk, and by that we mean, it's not merely a take down of the Hyperdunk. The Hyperlite, is actually, lighter in weight than the Hyperdunk. Through using a lighter Flywire panel material and a lower profile sole, the Hyperlite shaves weight off of the already light Hyperdunk. The Hyperlite, like the Hyperdunk, will incorporate Nike Zoom Air in the heel and Lunar Foam in the forefoot. The number one complaint against the Hyperdunk was the "bottoming out" issue where the Lunar Foam would give out after several hours of play. The Hyperlite addresses this issue with the addition of a larger Zoom Unit.

As part of their Hyperlite releases, Nike is set to release the White/Volt Nike Hyperlite pictured in this post. The White/Volt Nike Hyperlite features a White upper with Volt, Electric Blue, and Red accents. The tongue on the sample in this post reads "I'm in the F*#@!NG ZONE!". Whether or not that tag line makes it to retail, remains to be seen.

The Nike Hyperlite is set to release during the late Summer/Fall of 2009.

Pics via NTInfomaniac for KixandtheCity.com

This line is confusing me. Can someone who has info clarify this.

MaZe

I was kind of stuck on that part too. How do you compensate for the lunar foam but putting more zoom in an area where the lunar foam isnt? Are they hoping todampen the force in the heel in order for the lunar foam not to buttom out so fast?

Nike needs to give up on Lunar Foam. Why would a guard want a foam that "feels like marshmallow" in the forefoot? Guards like a nice responsive feelin the forefoot, not a foam that won't give you any sort of feedback.

Please Nike, do us all a favor and stick to Zoom Air.

"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimeswhen you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

"Oh man shut your anorexic malnutrition tapeworm-having overdose on !%%@ Gregory Bahamian diet-drinking %#+ up. Leave me alone!"

25945503.jpg
nike-air-command-force-neon.jpg

Back
Top Bottom