Nike in the news again for harsh conditions overseas.

Originally Posted by Furrell

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

*puts on Nike Flightposite III Battlegrounds*

Seriously, just because the factories are used by Nike and other brands doesn't mean that they are aware of everything going on there. Its easy to point the finger at them.
You sound like a bright fellow.
Right because I give a damn about what people think about me on an Internet forum.

*@!# off.
They probably think the same in real life
wink.gif

laugh.gif
@ them not being aware. I did a research paper in 8th grade about this subject. That was 10 years ago.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

*puts on Nike Flightposite III Battlegrounds*

Seriously, just because the factories are used by Nike and other brands doesn't mean that they are aware of everything going on there. Its easy to point the finger at them.
You sound like a bright fellow.
Right because I give a damn about what people think about me on an Internet forum.

*@!# off.
They probably think the same in real life
wink.gif

laugh.gif
@ them not being aware. I did a research paper in 8th grade about this subject. That was 10 years ago.

As Americans we can not afford our own products. American labor is very expensive. We unionized price out ourselves and the business. Hell, Walmart workers push for better wages to stock stock shelves and avoid customers. Get off your butt, go to school and educate yourself. Then demand the higher wages. You can complain how can I make a living on such low wages. If its that bad then that should be your motivation educate yourself.------------Steps Off High Horse

As Americans we can not afford our own products. American labor is very expensive. We unionized price out ourselves and the business. Hell, Walmart workers push for better wages to stock stock shelves and avoid customers. Get off your butt, go to school and educate yourself. Then demand the higher wages. You can complain how can I make a living on such low wages. If its that bad then that should be your motivation educate yourself.------------Steps Off High Horse

Furrell wrote:

Wow that is disgusting.Its a pity i sure wish he would open factory's in america so we truly get quality footwear.

Would you pay $200 for a white on white Air Force 1? I sure as hell don't because after paying workers liveable wages who may or may not be part of a union 
eyes.gif
you have to recoup the costs somehow and as we are seeing across the board with Jordan retros and the upcoming Air Foamposite Max, they are going to hit you in the pocket hard.

Products aren't priced at what they're worth. They're priced at what the customer is willing to pay. 
Nike's margins have not stayed the same. They keep production offshore not only because it allows for greater margins but because they could spend the money they save on labor costs on other things. Things like giving Lebron a $90MM contract or giving NBA players expense accounts for Nike gear. Basically advertising. Pushing NIKE at every pro sporing event so they stay #1. NIKE is only as good as its brand. They do not make a superior product. At least not for the price they charge. 

If Nike could charge $200 right now they would. Nike is not being nice to you by "only" charging $125 or $150. They don't charge $200 because their sales would plummet. 

Ergo, if they started manufacturing in the US, they wouldn't move the price to $200. The price would stay the same but they'd have to work on thinner margins which would most likely means less spending on advertising and free !#%# for already wealthy people. 

Furrell wrote:

Wow that is disgusting.Its a pity i sure wish he would open factory's in america so we truly get quality footwear.

Would you pay $200 for a white on white Air Force 1? I sure as hell don't because after paying workers liveable wages who may or may not be part of a union 
eyes.gif
you have to recoup the costs somehow and as we are seeing across the board with Jordan retros and the upcoming Air Foamposite Max, they are going to hit you in the pocket hard.

Products aren't priced at what they're worth. They're priced at what the customer is willing to pay. 
Nike's margins have not stayed the same. They keep production offshore not only because it allows for greater margins but because they could spend the money they save on labor costs on other things. Things like giving Lebron a $90MM contract or giving NBA players expense accounts for Nike gear. Basically advertising. Pushing NIKE at every pro sporing event so they stay #1. NIKE is only as good as its brand. They do not make a superior product. At least not for the price they charge. 

If Nike could charge $200 right now they would. Nike is not being nice to you by "only" charging $125 or $150. They don't charge $200 because their sales would plummet. 

Ergo, if they started manufacturing in the US, they wouldn't move the price to $200. The price would stay the same but they'd have to work on thinner margins which would most likely means less spending on advertising and free !#%# for already wealthy people. 

Well looks like I might have been off just a tad in my Nike paper last semester  
roll.gif
..  But still SMH
30t6p3b.gif

Well looks like I might have been off just a tad in my Nike paper last semester  
roll.gif
..  But still SMH
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom