Nike Infrared?

Beats me. I never got it either. I'd take regular red over infared anyday. It looks like a hot pink color on a lot of shoes to me.

I don't like the color either. Those Air Max 90s that everybody freaks out about were never appealing to me. And regarding Jordan VI's, I don'tknow about the white/infra joints, but the red on the black/infrared is not the same as the infrared on the Air Max 90s (I was once told in the Jordan forumthat it was). The red on those Jordans is called "Deep Infrared" and it is tolerable compared to the neon dayglo salmon pink infrared on the Air Max.White/infrared might have regular infrared though, not sure. I haven't seen a pair since I was a kid.

the hotness
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i don't know why its sought after but in person its a very vibrant color it really stands out maybe that has something to do with it.

I own a pair of brown leather am90's that I teach my college classes in. They are incredibly comfortable and look great with slacks. I just don'tunderstand the love affair with the "infrared" color. It's probably like the am95 in the green colorway.

it WAS a rich color but not we are in an age where there is heavy modifications and this color is now a pink.

Originally Posted by LuckyBomB1346

I own a pair of brown leather am90's that I teach my college classes in. They are incredibly comfortable and look great with slacks. I just don't understand the love affair with the "infrared" color. It's probably like the am95 in the green colorway.
laugh.gif
why was that even mentioned
laugh.gif

^
laugh.gif
Ya, that comment seems a bit out of place to say the least.

Anyhow, I think the demand has more to do with infrared AM90s specifically, rather than the color itself.

sure, it's been hyped a bit, but it's a simply a timeless & classic model that's still popular among diehards

i always liked da neon colored nike's of da early-mid 90's.....

infrared is probably one of the few colors nike still keeps around from back in the day...that and neon yellow...

i love the infrared 90's, when i saw them on that footlocker wall when the HOA's released, HAD to cop 2 pairs, and them being on sale made it THAT muchbetter lol, i beat one pair to DEATH, still have it, still wear it, and i have one pair i rock once in a blue moon, and another i bought recently from a NTerfor 60 shipped that are VVVVVVNDS
pimp.gif

but i really do love the shoe, donno why but that colorway was put together so good IMO, i get alot of hate around my way when i rock em, callin em pink nstuff, but i dont care, i just really like it, lol.

Originally Posted by ultrasur1

sure, it's been hyped a bit, but it's a simply a timeless & classic model that's still popular among diehards
The model of the shoe has nothing to do with the color. AM90's are a classic model, Infrared is a hyped color on an AM 90.

Originally Posted by s dubl

10%-people actualy like the shoe/color
90%-hype
qft, which is too bad bc if the hype wasnt there due to the vi's, most of us who just like the cw could get them for a much nicer price.

Originally Posted by LeronJames

Originally Posted by ultrasur1

The model of the shoe has nothing to do with the color. AM90's are a classic model, Infrared is a hyped color on an AM 90.
the shoe is only as classic as it's OG colorways defined it to be.

the infrared colorway is as important to the AM90 as the royal is to the foamposite one, just like neon to the 95, the varsity red to the AM87, blk/red to anyjordan, blk/blue to any penny and so on and so on.....

aesthetically, i think it's a similar phenomenon to the neon am95s.

both the neon and the infrared are vibrant, bright colors that are usually placed among whites, grays and blacks... so visually they just pop.

id say this color is probably the dopest period thats just the whole deal
when you seen those am90s for the first time in infrared it was sickening....

Back
Top Bottom