Nike Ja 1 | Ja Morant’s First Signature Shoe

Kyrie 1 Tour Yellow.
ja-1-tour yellow.jpg

FAR too basic for a player as electrifying as he is. This is shoe station material. Nike fumbled this big time imo. This should've been Booker's shoe.
I know for a fact Nike can do better than this; shoe and logo.

What does an “electrifying shoe” look like?
Aka Kobe’s lmao

I think ppl are used to seeing Morant in Kobe’s or some sick PE, so these just look lame to them. Of course ppl are quick to judge, these are his very first sig shoe.

Nike did fumble releasing them all the way in April 2023 tho

FAR too basic for a player as electrifying as he is. This is shoe station material. Nike fumbled this big time imo. This should've been Booker's shoe.
I know for a fact Nike can do better than this; shoe and logo.

These look basic?
I'd say the LeBron 20s look basic, and these look way crazier than the LeBron 20s.

Multi-level colorblocking in the midsole, different materials on the upper with a lot of different colorblocking potential there as well.

What does an “electrifying shoe” look like?

Something that’s recognizable as a sig and doesn’t look like the takedown stuff they put in Rack Room/Kohl’s/JC Pennys

Again see Kyrie 1/Kobe 1/AZG or Barkley 1/Penny 1/etc lol. Sigs that look like 1 of 1 sigs and not just slapping someone’s name on a generic looking shoe

AZGs honestly were/are nothing special. Kyrie 1s are trash. I’ll give you the others listed.

While I like the Ja1, it's gotta be tough to design something that works off court but without bulk.

The players seemingly want the lightest build they can get, and that isn't gonna work with pants.

There has to be something that's in between, but designers haven't found it yet.

Ja is about to take over the performance sneaker game! It’s price accessible, takes color well, and he’s on upward trajectory. These would have been the must have Christmas gift if they released! But at the end of the day this is what the next generation will remember! Moments like these. It’s Nike magic!

These are great. As a guy who doesn’t actually ball I’m always hoping these sigs have some off court appeal. These are great. Very Kobe inspired.

Y’all complaining about them being too simple. Simple is great lol.

These are great. As a guy who doesn’t actually ball I’m always hoping these sigs have some off court appeal. These are great. Very Kobe inspired.

Y’all complaining about them being too simple. Simple is great lol.

Lol you’re not wrong, I wear most of my heat to push the stroller these days. Dad gotta have some drip yk?

I can't wait to see Ja's PE's and the other GR colorways. I hope they release these on NikeID. These would be cool shoes for the summer.

Back
Top Bottom