Nike Joyride

662E2712-CDEB-4870-998E-D7A47761460B.jpeg

best $41 I’ve ever spent

Last edited:
The comfort casually was there for most models. The setters were a ***** to put on. The problem is that they’re an absolutely awful running shoe and should have been nowhere near $180. I would’ve liked to see a second run version tho

The comfort casually was there for most models. The setters were a ***** to put on. The problem is that they’re an absolutely awful running shoe and should have been nowhere near $180. I would’ve liked to see a second run version tho

I agree the Setters are definitely hard to put on and shouldn’t have been $180.

I guess people either like them or hate them.

prob one of the few thats a fan of the joyrides, but do agree that it was not a great running shoe and that 180 price was too high for something i was only wearing casually for the gym/beater

seems like it might be dead now, but if they were to do an updated second version, would love to see zoomx or react used in the midsole

prob one of the few thats a fan of the joyrides, but do agree that it was not a great running shoe and that 180 price was too high for something i was only wearing casually for the gym/beater

seems like it might be dead now, but if they were to do an updated second version, would love to see zoomx or react used in the midsole

Yeah I'm a fan too and yes, the $180 price tag was too high.

I didn't pay anything close to $180 for any of mine so they're definitely worth it to me.

Setters were super comfortable I know that I think the $180 price tag was because react + joyride 2 techs but they would’ve been just as comfortable if it was just react if you ask me...

I still love my og colorway of the Joyrides but honestly, I don't see myself buying another pair of Joyrides. They were cool at first but we all knew it was a gimmick from the start. I put them to the test a few years ago when I went to Disneyland. My right foot is slightly flat while my left foot has a pretty high arch, and after wearing them around Disneyland for hours, my right foot was in pain the next day almost to the point I couldn't walk. But my left foot was fine. I basically wear mine to run errands in and to a light gym session.

It crashed and burned because everyone knew it was a massive gimmick, absolutely not one person was actually running in them, and the price point was absolutely ridiculous. I do like my pair, but only wear them casually of course and got em for $60.

It crashed and burned because everyone knew it was a massive gimmick, absolutely not one person was actually running in them, and the price point was absolutely ridiculous. I do like my pair, but only wear them casually of course and got em for $60.
Yeah I wouldnt say they were good for running but for casual wear I liked the sinking feeling, it was almost like sand

I still wear my CC3 Setters to work for that good sinking/cushioning when I know I’ll be on my feet majority of the day.

No one runs in Air Max's either.

I really wish they would have given it a second year of releases. They're already comfortable but could have done a little better by having a bigger area of the beads and/or more beads. Sometimes I can feel my heel hitting the edges of the rubber "cup" if too many of the beads displace to one side. The Setters had more beads and (at least what feels to be) slightly different bead placement and those are even more comfortable than the lows. I think one more iteration with tweaking a few things would make an already very good shoe and technology into a great one.

Yeah I wouldnt say they were good for running but for casual wear I liked the sinking feeling, it was almost like sand
I wore my Og Joyrides to Disneyland once, and the arch of my right foot, which is flatter than my left, was aching the next day. To the point where it was painful to walk.

They’re definitely great for quick errands, but if youre on your feet all day, grab something else. I still love my pair though.

Back
Top Bottom