Nike KD 12

09C57BCD-2F7B-4F8B-85E9-38806E6F5F2D.jpeg

I purchased a pair of the White NRG version in June after trying them on on 3 separate occasions in different stores.

This was a shoe that was really hard to figure out sizing because on my first and third tries, I had to go half size up from my usual 9 to.a 9.5 but my second try, TTS felt great.

Knowing that, I ordered the white colorway online in a size 9.5 and went to play indoor in them. Traction was above average but the shoe felt too long and I would trip on it as I shuffled, ended up rolling my ankle on one occasion as well.

I went to play in them a week after and noticed that my right shoe’s forefoot area felt like the zoom had “bunched” together. As hard as I tried, I couldn’t get the insole area to feel flat again.

I ended up returning that pair and ordered a red pair in size 9. Somehow, the shoe fit just fine.

One thing that I noticed for the shoe was that regardless of it being a 9.5 or 9, it ran long relative to any other shoe I compared it to (JXX9, WNZ1), the only shoe that ran longer in the same size was the KD9 (I also rolled my ankle in that shoe because of the length).

I have played ~10 hours in the red pair and have also noticed the “bunching” of the zoom in the forefoot section of the right shoe.

TLDR: sizing was inconsistent, traction was above average, shoe runs long, zoom bag has “bunched up” in two separate colorways/sizes.

Is it possible for a shoe to have too much Zoom? These are super comfortable, but the bounce on these are crazy. Coming from the LBJ 16 to these will take some getting used to for sure

Is it possible for a shoe to have too much Zoom? These are super comfortable, but the bounce on these are crazy. Coming from the LBJ 16 to these will take some getting used to for sure
Interesting was considering going the other route - Lebron 16 didn’t break in to a more cushy ride? But yes agreed the zoom directly under the stroebel board / foot is insane

Interesting was considering going the other route - Lebron 16 didn’t break in to a more cushy ride? But yes agreed the zoom directly under the stroebel board / foot is insane
LBJ’s have a subtle bounce when broken in, nothing like the KD’s though.. if I had to choose I’d probably go LeBron because it’s a more natural feeling

Is there any difference between the mesh/textured tongue and the smooth one? The padding on my day one's wore down where the laces cross, I think I heard somewhere the smooth one is memory foam?

Is there any difference between the mesh/textured tongue and the smooth one? The padding on my day one's wore down where the laces cross, I think I heard somewhere the smooth one is memory foam?
Feels like memory foam. And the material used is different as well, not as spongy and mesh. I am sure the smooth would be more durable.

Do the cement and other newer colors at eastbay have the smooth tongue of the peach jam or the textured of the reds, white/blues, og blacks?

I cant really tell.

Back
Top Bottom