Nike KD 12

translucent, gum, gitd and solid are all different rubber materials.
I don't think people were saying that GITD and Gum are equivalent to solid.

I was asking for people to rate the 4 outsoles based on traction.
My opinion Solid>Gum>GITD>=Translucent..

If I may ask a slightly different question: how would y’all rank the four outsoles based strictly on durability - specifically on outdoor courts? I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how well my Day One’s are holding up with outdoor use.

If I may ask a slightly different question: how would y’all rank the four outsoles based strictly on durability - specifically on outdoor courts? I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how well my Day One’s are holding up with outdoor use.

I would say XDR soles are the best bet for playing outside. I would assume that Gum and Translucent wear pretty easily outside. This is a tougher question to answer since the outsole durability is determined by rubber strength.

Although that pic of the Day Ones is altered, or the person modified the swoosh on their shoe.

Got my 90s kid in today hopefully they fit well. The laces on these are actually long enough whereas my day one pair was so short I couldn't double knot

Last edited:
Anyone with a white pair of kd 12 can you advise how dirty the upper gets and how cleanable it is?

I love white kicks but for bball I tend to stick with colours or black.

Anyone getting lace pressure? I have the day ones and I'm starting to feel pinching on the upper laces. Thinking about getting some fatter/wider laces but not sure how it'll hold up in the lace holes. Anyone got recommendations?

Anyone getting lace pressure? I have the day ones and I'm starting to feel pinching on the upper laces. Thinking about getting some fatter/wider laces but not sure how it'll hold up in the lace holes. Anyone got recommendations?

Had this same issue with a pair of running shoes when going distance on the treadmill so I just cover the impacted area with a thin layer of gauze/padding and sports tape and its been lovely ever sinze

Back
Top Bottom