Nike KD 15

Bring it back to the old ways. It started in 2009 when David Stern allowed players to wear whatever shoes they want but it had to be in the realm of the teams color. So you’d have 5 celtics wearing blk shoes and blk socks, but then you'd have paul pierce rockin' white shoes and black socks. Weird.

I strongly believe this is why all star colorways etc have lost alot of luster because now that you let the flood gates open, where else can you go with it? What else can you do?

Major props to the equipment guys though. it has to be very strenous lugging all those diffeent uniforms and shoes.

Last edited:
Not to be the grandpa on the porch, but the release strategy among sig athletes was way better in the past.

Also when cats had 3 maybe 4 colorways TOPS during the season. Home/away/all star/playoffs

Now cats gots 20 colorways, 19 of which are forgettable, and none of which are actually worn by the sig athlete.

Make it make sense, Nike.

This! Air Jordans 4-5 colorways max per season. They were gonna sell regardless, but the gaps between built up suspense.

Now like you said the forgettable colors aka outlet fodder.

Agree with the last few posts here. Bring the simple stuff back. All these colorful shoes are a damn eyesore and it really killed the "special edition" vibes/feelings of those ASG colorways, holiday colorways, etc. It's crazy 'cause now, seeking an all-white shoe with a blue Swoosh and yellow outsole (Warriors colors for example) is an amazing find now... to me, at least.

Agree with the last few posts here. Bring the simple stuff back. All these colorful shoes are a damn eyesore and it really killed the "special edition" vibes/feelings of those ASG colorways, holiday colorways, etc. It's crazy 'cause now, seeking an all-white shoe with a blue Swoosh and yellow outsole (Warriors colors for example) is an amazing find now... to me, at least.

RIGHT! And I feel Nike blew it by not dropping some of KD's Warriors PE's during his time there. That fan base there and abroad wouldve copped. How you expect the player to move merchandise in his city when you dont sell said merch in the fan base's colors?

So if there were only four colors of a each signature shoe y’all think you’d actually get a pair?!?

1653602151500.gif

So if there were only four colors of a each signature shoe y’all think you’d actually get a pair?!?

1653602151500.gif

I personally don't care about GR's. I'll buy NBY over any release. don't care how hyped a release is, I want a shoe that is mine and mine only.

Eh I say leave it like it is colorway wise. I'd rather have 20 colorways to choose from rather than just 3 or 4. Not everyone wants a plain Jane team bank colorway just as not everyone wants a wild crazy colorway. Having multiple colorway options enables you to find what you want or at least get close to it.

I need a Black/white, all black, and all white model. They can do whatever they want with the other CWs, as long as I have those 3 'core' colorways.

I like it, didn’t even think of it was his takedown :lol: if so I would cop but hoping it’s not. That lockdown can help make some fun colorways. I would like to see this model on NBY but pay homage to some of his old models colorways.
It's definitely the 15

1653602151500.gif

more options and colorways for the consumers is a bad thing now?

Well, in a sense because you drop all these colorways, they suck most of them. Then you ive all the dope PE's to said layers, and then Nike and the investors or whatever be asking themselves " Wow, why didnt this model sell??" You gave us 3=5 dope colorways that were limited, and the other ones were crap and outlet fodder.

Some of you werent born during the hey days. The take down models of the 80's and 90's are better than most of the main line kicks.

Well, in a sense because you drop all these colorways, they suck most of them. Then you ive all the dope PE's to said layers, and then Nike and the investors or whatever be asking themselves " Wow, why didnt this model sell??" You gave us 3=5 dope colorways that were limited, and the other ones were crap and outlet fodder.

Some of you werent born during the hey days. The take down models of the 80's and 90's are better than most of the main line kicks.

I was alive and well in the 80’s and 90’s.

What takedown models were better than the mainline kicks?

I was alive and well in the 80’s and 90’s.

What takedown models were better than the mainline kicks?

I’m talking about the takedown kicks if the 89’s and 90’d are better than most of the main line kicks if today. Todays main line kicks lack the casual appeal for the most part.

I’m talking about the takedown kicks if the 89’s and 90’d are better than most of the main line kicks if today. Todays main line kicks lack the casual appeal for the most part.

Casual appeal is in the eye of the person wearing them. Styles change and what people wear changes, many of the shoes would looked great casually of people wore them.

But style trends have changed.

Again I ask, what takedown models are you talking about because many takedown models were wack from what I remember?

They came just a few minutes ago. My 12,13 and 14s were an 11.5 and these are an 11 and they fit pretty much perfectly. The looser material on the toe box possibly has a lot to do with that. This shoe is going to be a problem for me I can tell especially if the NBY options are good. The way they are laced in these pics I can actually put the shoe on and remove it without loosening it more
28B51081-11C0-4299-85DC-92F6B6C891B6.jpeg
E07EEE64-A41E-4442-9CB9-D3BFFC3257EF.jpeg
FA416E58-E165-4C2A-9EC1-EA6D4670C993.jpeg
3299338A-A5B1-406E-95AD-3799A4E8256C.jpeg
159A1291-FD92-4EB9-88ED-FA09BAEF0266.jpeg
IMG_5753.jpg
IMG_5752.jpg
IMG_5746.jpg

The real problem here is that watch tan of yours playa. :lol:

This the best colorway honestly. :pimp:

working outside all day wearing a watch doesn't help the tan at all, the pasty part almost matches the shoes :lol:. I have to agree on the colorway being best, I'm excited for the NBY options

I’m not sure what exactly NIKE should do as far as Nike sig shoes ….but all i know majority of every multiple colorway shoe of NIKE sig athletes shoes eventually ends up at the Nike outlet or discount …so maybe it’s a win for us the consumer 😂😂🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

What I’ve noticed Nike has been doing for at least the last 2 years is they are making colorways of whatever ****** color they are pushing for the year. Last year it was barely volt, this year it’s that light purple. We don’t need that crap. Give us the team colorways, Tbs and a couple of story theme or collabs and move it.

That's not how any of this works. The only time Nike loses money on a product is when they sell DTC whether it be the brick and mortar or online route. Expenses on a shoe are recovered when the retailer buys them. That's the profit. What you buy from Footlocker is going into FTLs pockets.

Ahhh I see.

Well, whatever they doing to, Nike Basketball ain’t what it used to be. It’s sad.

Back
Top Bottom