Nike KD 15

Finally got a pair of 15’s in the mail and…

They’re loud! :rofl: I mean literally, each step is crunching and crackling.

And yes there’s heel slip, hopefully it goes away after I play ball in them.

Finally got a pair of 15’s in the mail and…

They’re loud! :rofl: I mean literally, each step is crunching and crackling.

And yes there’s heel slip, hopefully it goes away after I play ball in them.
Thought I was the only one. Any tips to make that stop?

Thought I was the only one. Any tips to make that stop?

I played in them today and I think it stopped. But I wear headphones when I play :rofl:

But I don’t think I felt or heard it crunching today, I think they have to get warm and that’s how they get broken in. My GT Jumps were the same way.

I played in them today and I think it stopped. But I wear headphones when I play :rofl:

But I don’t think I felt or heard it crunching today, I think they have to get warm and that’s how they get broken in. My GT Jumps were the same way.
Appreciate it

Got my Red TB 15s in today. Really feelin' these. 2nd colorway with hopefully 2 more in me.
20220902_194109.jpg

20220902_194133.jpg

grabbed a pair of the volts at my local outlet on the hash wall for $80. worked out in them for a few days and tried to play in them yesterday. they were horrible on court for me. i was slipping all over the court on a very high end clean court and was just feeling weird in them the whole run. I'll give them a few more tries, but the 14 is vastly superior on court to me

2 weeks? :rolleyes

I’ll have to take my headphones off and listen the next time I play ball.
Haha yeah but that’s probably because I use orthotics and they go right on top of the zoom strobel, so if you’re not using orthotics it might go away sooner. Essentially I had to wait for the zoom air to be completely broken in before the creaking went away.

If it is really bothersome, just put a dryer sheet between the strobel and the insole and you won’t have any noise really.

Can’t figure out the complaint's with this shoe. The fit is TTS, cushioning is plush, NO heel slip and no noise.
Been running full court in mine for about a month and they are great. Gotta pick up another colorway!

A narrative gets established and people tend to run with it.
Can’t figure out the complaint's with this shoe. The fit is TTS, cushioning is plush, NO heel slip and no noise.
Been running full court in mine for about a month and they are great. Gotta pick up another colorway!

These days a lot of folks don’t give shoes enough time to break in. People rush to post reviews after playing in them for hardly any time… some shoes need multiple sessions of multiple hours of wears before they hit their sweet spot. I am with you though, the 15s are a beauty of a shoe.

Idk man just type in KD 15 heel slip on YouTube or Reddit and you’ll see tons of posters and comments complaining about it. It’s definitely a real issue for a lot of people. FWIW i agree with everything about it being amazing in all aspects except for the heel slip. I also think it’s one of the best looking models Nike bball has put out in years and it would still be perfectly fine casually.

A narrative gets established and people tend to run with it.

My heel slips and the shoes crack when is take steps, those aren't narratives. I checked a reviewer's review earlier and he had the same issue. I watched two and one said the heel slip was because he didn't get the right size.

These days a lot of folks don’t give shoes enough time to break in. People rush to post reviews after playing in them for hardly any time… some shoes need multiple sessions of multiple hours of wears before they hit their sweet spot. I am with you though, the 15s are a beauty of a shoe.

I wore mine once so I can definitely say that I haven't worn mine enough to get rid of the heel slip or the cracking sounds.

I'll give them a couple of wears this week and see what happens.

Just be happy you aren't experiencing the issues.

9th Wonder pair is next on the radar, but looking at the how the Boi Wonder and that black pair on Hibbet's moved, might be hell to get at retail.

Back
Top Bottom