Nike KD 16

A team depleted of depth and asking for 40+ minutes a game from KD and Book? I can.

Can’t wait to see more colorways of this model. Might be the first KD I get in years.

I mean that's going to happen when you keep wanting out and forcing those teams to give up all their depth to acquire you lol.

Last edited:
It's going to be fun seeing the upcoming releases without any exposure in televised playoff games now that Kevin Durant has officially started his summer season early.

I swear I was typing this exact response :lol:. Can’t believe the Suns got cooked on their home floor again

It was a no-brainer the Suns got whooped because it was just a team that was good on paper based on the names in the starting lineup. The team was light in the butt. They don't play defense. They had no bench. They were just another good regular season team that would falter in the playoffs. It's easy to dominate 82 games with that lineup. But not so easy in the playoffs when there's real competition.

Kevin Durant is in decline based on age and injury history from the last few years. But he's still elite when healthy. Devin Booker still can't excel in the playoffs. Old Chris Paul is basically a corpse at this point in his career. Deandre Ayton always gets punked whenever he faces elite big men.

It's going to be fun seeing the upcoming releases without any exposure in televised playoff games now that Kevin Durant has officially started his summer season early.

It was a no-brainer the Suns got whooped because it was just a team that was good on paper based on the names in the starting lineup. The team was light in the butt. They don't play defense. They had no bench. They were just another good regular season team that would falter in the playoffs. It's easy to dominate 82 games with that lineup. But not so easy in the playoffs when there's real competition.

Kevin Durant is in decline based on age and injury history from the last few years. But he's still elite when healthy. Devin Booker still can't excel in the playoffs. Old Chris Paul is basically a corpse at this point in his career. Deandre Ayton always gets punked whenever he faces elite big men.
The Suns were a 45-37 team with KD playing 8 regular season games and 11 playoff games.

They didn't dominate the regular season, they weren't favored and they lost to the number 1 seed.

In short, they were supposed to lose just not by that much. :rofl:

Regarding the bench etc you're correct.

The Suns were a 45-37 team with KD playing 8 regular season games and 11 playoff games.

They didn't dominate the regular season, they weren't favored and they lost to the number 1 seed.

In short, they were supposed to lose just not by that much. :rofl:

Regarding the bench etc you're correct.

It's always common hype with teams acquiring stars names with people assuming instant championship. A lot of folks on TV actually picked the Suns to win the championship after they got Durant.

I knew they wouldn't win the title because I've seen the outcome that acquiring stars doesn't result in an automatic championship so many times for so many years.

It was interesting for Durant to debut this line during these playoffs just to get eliminated in the 2nd round.

It's always common hype with teams acquiring stars names with people assuming instant championship. A lot of folks on TV actually picked the Suns to win the championship after they got Durant.

I knew they wouldn't win the title because I've seen the outcome that acquiring stars doesn't result in an automatic championship so many times for so many years.

It was interesting for Durant to debut this line during these playoffs just to get eliminated in the 2nd round.

I agree, some wrongly stated that the Suns were the favorite once they got KD. But as you stated and many saw, their bench was gutted and they just didn't have enough to win a championship or even advance to the Final name.

KD always debuts his next shoe in the playoffs and this year was no different.

Hey the Suns looked good until this last game.

I agree, some wrongly stated that the Suns were the favorite once they got KD. But as you stated and many saw, their bench was gutted and they just didn't have enough to win a championship or even advance to the Final name.

I knew it wasn’t gonna work because when they acquired kd he was already out for a month, then he sat a month before debut, played 3 games then was back out almost another month.. he play 3 games in 3 months

I knew it wasn’t gonna work because when they acquired kd he was already out for a month, then he sat a month before debut, played 3 games then was back out almost another month.. he play 3 games in 3 months

I agree, I thought they'd be good but definitely not good enough to win a championship.

Didn't know that they'd be heartless though :rolleyes

man these are probably one of the best looking basketball shoes i've seen in years, that traction pattern looks crazy too. wonder what cushion setup they'll go with, seems like cushlon with the compression lines I see on KD's pairs, hopefully with heel and forefoot zoom? either way, the colorways potential these has is crazy, can't wait!

I agree, I thought they'd be good but definitely not good enough to win a championship.

Didn't know that they'd be heartless though :rolleyes

All good points here.

Don't forget the Nets own like four of the Suns' future first round picks in addition to getting viable players from that trade, so that gutted dynamic is broadly valid with the Suns. It's going to be hard to build a good bench with no first round picks. They're also in salary cap hell because of all those albatross contracts. Ayton & Paul are the primary ones. Booker & Durant are understandable based on their values. They could move Paul because it's an expiring contract. But Ayton will be hard because there's years on it and no team would be dumb to trade for a guy who turns into a bum against elite big men.

Durant with his age and recent injuries since 2019 were signs he wouldn't be the same elite player again. Hell, he even sustained an injury in a pregame warmup! I admit I wanted my Lakers to get him to team with LeBron since 2019. But I'm sure glad they dodged that bullet now with his constant unavailability.

I knew the Suns wouldn't make it past the 2nd round because they couldn't even dominate the decimated Clippers in the 1st round. They won each game by only a few points when they had to compete with just Russell Westbrook and a team full of bench players. I think they would have lost in the 1st round if the Clippers had Kawhi & Paul George.

All good points here.

Don't forget the Nets own like four of the Suns' future first round picks in addition to getting viable players from that trade, so that gutted dynamic is broadly valid with the Suns. It's going to be hard to build a good bench with no first round picks. They're also in salary cap hell because of all those albatross contracts. Ayton & Paul are the primary ones. Booker & Durant are understandable based on their values. They could move Paul because it's an expiring contract. But Ayton will be hard because there's years on it and no team would be dumb to trade for a guy who turns into a bum against elite big men.

Durant with his age and recent injuries since 2019 were signs he wouldn't be the same elite player again. Hell, he even sustained an injury in a pregame warmup! I admit I wanted my Lakers to get him to team with LeBron since 2019. But I'm sure glad they dodged that bullet now with his constant unavailability.

I knew the Suns wouldn't make it past the 2nd round because they couldn't even dominate the decimated Clippers in the 1st round. They won each game by only a few points when they had to compete with just Russell Westbrook and a team full of bench players. I think they would have lost in the 1st round if the Clippers had Kawhi & Paul George.

Kd still elite problem is keeping him on the court.. but 30 8 5 on 50 34 91 is elite didn’t shoot the 3 ball well for his standards but they lack the chemistry and leadership which you can’t get in 8 games. Which is why this laker run is so special… Bron is my guy but I had zero faith in them they’re still shaky but he has their communication on point.

Kd still elite problem is keeping him on the court.. but 30 8 5 on 50 34 91 is elite didn’t shoot the 3 ball well for his standards but they lack the chemistry and leadership which you can’t get in 8 games. Which is why this laker run is so special… Bron is my guy but I had zero faith in them they’re still shaky but he has their communication on point.

I agree Durant is still elite with his natural skill. But his value is now diminished by default due to serious lack of availability going forward with him being injury-prone.

They definitely lack chemistry. Ayton hasn't helped either because he's been a lazy cancer who's clashed with teammates.

The Suns job isn't appealing because the team is just dependent on four expensive starters and no bench. They lack heart in the playoffs. No coach can salvage that team unless they get some good bench players and learn defense.

The current Lakers are a good example of good chemistry because everyone has a defined role and has bought in. Getting rid of Westbrook who was a cancerous declined player with tunnel vision. LeBron has always been easy to work with because of his leadership ability based on being unselfish who makes teammates better.

Back
Top Bottom