Votes: 1 10.0%
  • .5 Size Down

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 1 Size Up

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 1 Size Down

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I can't speak for all of the grown men on here, but I'm pissed about him going to GS only. If he went to any other team, I'd be fine with it. Him going to a record breaking team that was on the verge of getting another title and has 2 of the best shooters in NBA history makes the seasons predictable and unexciting for years to come. As a fan of basketball in general, I don't want to see the same team make it to the Finals every single year. I want competiton. If Durant stayed with the Thunder for just 1 more year to try out the move with Oladipo, it would make the season that more unpredictable. 

This. The whole thing just makes the NBA less dramatic and surprising. It sucks knowing who the finals will be between.

We can't and shouldn't be mad at KD for what he did. He only did what he thought was the best for him. We can't fault him in joining a powerhouse either. If they have the money to sign him then why not right? I mean really, if the Sixers, GSW, and any other team have the money to sign you, would you really chase rings with the Sixers with the way they're built? Its just logical for him to choose GSW. There can never be a balance of power in the NBA. Winning teams will always be attractive than startups. And we talk about destroying his legacy? No. He's actually making it part of his legacy. Gone are the days of loyalty players. TD, Dirk, and Kobe are probably the last of their loyalist generation.

Last edited:
While its likely the Warriors are in finals its not for CERTAIN.  Everyone thought it would be Warriors Spurs in the WCF and look how that turned out.  Let the season play out 

We can't and shouldn't be mad at KD for what he did. He only did what he thought was the best for him. We can't fault him in joining a powerhouse either. If they have the money to sign him then why not right? I mean really, if the Sixers, GSW, and any other team have the money to sign you, would you really chase rings with the Sixers with the way they're built? Its just logical for him to choose GSW. There can never be a balance of power in the NBA. Winning teams will always be attractive than startups. And we talk about destroying his legacy? No. He's actually making it part of his legacy. Gone are the days of loyalty players. TD, Dirk, and Kobe are probably the last of their loyalist generation.
And even Kobe tried to dip at one point so did MJ because its business at the end of the day

Wouldn't be surprised to see GSW vs OKC on Christmas now. Would have been a good matchup before yesterday even, but now it'll be that much bigger. 

True. Just to add to your statement, Kobe had plenty of rea$on$ to stay "loyal", in fact a lot of people say he was greedy to take so much money when his play didnt warrant it and his team suffered for his financial gain. Your other examples of loyalists TD and Dirk couldve made more money but they made decisions with their team in mind, made less. The guy you forgot who is probably the best example is D.Wade, and hes about to get paid

That is the most rationale post I have seen on here ^ it's a lot grown men on here sounding freaking ridiculous and acting butt hurt because another grown man decided to do what he thinks is best for HIM. Freaking ridiculous, I don't get the hate he wants to play with a team that he thinks that will make him a better basketball player and help him win rings. After these finals GSW NEEDS him and he needs them, I love the move for basketball reasons and entertainment value.

All you whiners please unsubscribe and go cry elsewhere.
I can't speak for all of the grown men on here, but I'm pissed about him going to GS only. If he went to any other team, I'd be fine with it. Him going to a record breaking team that was on the verge of getting another title and has 2 of the best shooters in NBA history makes the seasons predictable and unexciting for years to come. As a fan of basketball in general, I don't want to see the same team make it to the Finals every single year. I want competiton. If Durant stayed with the Thunder for just 1 more year to try out the move with Oladipo, it would make the season that more unpredictable. 
Him going to GS makes so much sense, on so many levels.

From a basketball standpoint, he gets more room on the court to work because he won't be double teamed.  He's playing with very unselfish players who will be happy to let him drop 40 on any given night.  He's playing with a point guard that actually passes the ball.  

On the flip side, GS needed someone with a midrange game that can also knock down open shots in big moments.  I was listening to a former Cavs player on the radio and he said that the game plan last/this year was to leave Harrison Barnes "open" as much as possible and make him beat you.  

KD did not take the easy way out.  There's more pressure on him and GS than ever before.  Its win the ring or bust for real this year.  There's no "ring or bust" mentality in OKC.

And i hate to break it to you, but there's no parity in the NBA and hasn't been for 20 years.  You pretty much know who is good enough to make the finals before the season starts.  How many str8 finals has Lebron played in?  

So adding Oladipo was going to make the season unpredictable??  Oladipo??!?!  Come on man.  It would still be Warriors vs Cavs again

This. The whole thing just makes the NBA less dramatic and surprising. It sucks knowing who the finals will be between.
So who in here thought before last season that someone other than the Cavs were gonna be in the finals?!?

4 pairs deep already. Plenty more to come
That man is all ready on it :lol:  

4 pairs deep already from what I know.
Just imo, the only reason he left is because he knows deep down in his heart that Westbrook is leaving when the time comes. So he didn't want to be stuck without a chair when the music stops.

Absolutely agree. 100 %. If he knew or was guaranteed that RW was in long term, I think he probably stays. Forming around that core makes sense, but I think Russ is heading to LA when the opportunity arises. KD is not an LA guy it would seem so this is the next best thing and obviously his looks become infinitely easier and less contested with the Splash Bros.

So who in here thought before last season that someone other than the Cavs were gonna be in the finals?!?
the east is ****
ok, true. so lets look at the west then.  its pretty much been the same teams since 1994

1994    Houston Rockets 

1995    Houston Rockets

1996    Seattle SuperSonics

1997    Utah Jazz

1998    Utah Jazz

1999    San Antonio Spurs 

2000    Los Angeles Lakers 

2001    Los Angeles Lakers 

2002    Los Angeles Lakers

2003    San Antonio Spurs

2004    Los Angeles Lakers 

2005    San Antonio Spurs 

2006    Dallas Mavericks

2007    San Antonio Spurs 

2008    Los Angeles Lakers

2009    Los Angeles Lakers

2010    Los Angeles Lakers 

2011    Dallas Mavericks

2012    Oklahoma City Thunder

2013    San Antonio Spurs

2014    San Antonio Spurs 

2015    Golden State Warriors

2016    Golden State Warriors

IN.

:nerd:

:lol:

Are the KD 9's super spongy like the Lebron X? Hated that feeling, shoe was super clunky and bouncy.

How is ankle support? Do they feel more like Mids or Lows?

Last edited:
IN.

Are the KD 9's super spongy like the Lebron X? Hated that feeling, shoe was super clunky and bouncy.

More low to the ground feel but you can feel the Zoom. Ankle support feels like a low but a mid when you lace them all the way to the top.

Wouldn't mind seeing a low just so the shoes are easier to put on.

Went from being on the 9 heavy to most likely skipping them all together. Don't want to wear kicks of a b**** a** player. *shrug*

Probably hop on that kyrie line. Dude earn my respek during the finals.
lol this is the sneaker equivalent of the KD decision. Hop onto the team/player that's hot

And i hate to break it to you, but there's no parity in the NBA and hasn't been for 20 years.  You pretty much know who is good enough to make the finals before the season starts.  How many str8 finals has Lebron played in?  

So adding Oladipo was going to make the season unpredictable??  Oladipo??!?!  Come on man.  It would still be Warriors vs Cavs again
Did you expect the Magic to make it in 2009?

Did you expect the Mavericks to make it in 2011?

Perhaps I should've rephrased the Oladipo thing. It would've made the Thunder's season unpredictable. Maybe Oladipo would've been the key with Durant to beat the Warriors considering they've been weak at the SG position. If I told you before the playoffs that Richard Jefferson was going to be a key part of the Cavs winning the Finals, you would've called me crazy.

Last edited:
Idk about others but speaking for myself, its not the fact he left okc or westbrook because honestly after coming up short time n time again with the same person im sure that gets old.

Its the fact of where he went. There were 3 teams that should have been an absolute no go imo: Warriors, Spurs, Cavs .. any other team was fair game to try and beat those established "best in the league".

Would have loved to see him n westbrook play (maybe win) the finals next season. If he goes back and westbrook stays it wont be the same, hell i dont see Russ starting the season with okc.

Still should have come to Boston :smh:

IN.

Not spongy at all. Ankle support is good because they are so stiff. They are going to need breaking in, and they are super stiff on the upper. I can barely bend my foot at True to Size(size on the foot measurer) . I may have to return my pair and go a half size up. I tried them with thin socks as well and still were tight. If you compare them to the Nike Zoom all out that just released, they are nowhere near as responsive or cushiony. I'm assuming KD likes his shoes stiff and with a low response.

Did you expect the Magic to make it in 2009?
Did you expect the Mavericks to make it in 2011?

Perhaps I should've rephrased the Oladipo thing. It would've made the Thunder's season unpredictable. Maybe Oladipo would've been the key with Durant to beat the Warriors considering they've been weak at the SG position. If I told you before the playoffs that Richard Jefferson was going to be a key part of the Cavs winning the Finals, you would've called me crazy.

Kyrie being unstoppable and LeBron going to the rim to score vs pass was the key to them winning. RJ, really!

Kyrie being unstoppable and LeBron going to the rim to score vs pass was the key to them winning. RJ, really!
He was the X-Factor. Without him and the Cavs having to continue to use a struggling JR Smith/K-Love, then I believe the Warriors could've won it again.

He was the X-Factor. Without him and the Cavs having to continue to use a struggling JR Smith/K-Love, then I believe the Warriors could've won it again.
did you even watch the games?  or are you getting this from espn radio?

RJ had 3 points in game 6 and 2 points in game 7!!!  Just because he screamed alot didn't make him a factor.

JR Smith had 14 points in game 6 and 12 in game 7

I don't understand why some of y'all are anticipating to cop a bunch of GSW iDs when now they're gonna be GRs

pretty sure nike has releases already planned and produced so it might be a while for them warrior colorways to come out

for those who dont want to wait a while id is the best bet

Back
Top Bottom