NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

8 need more cushion. That foam is no bueno for me and my knees at this stage in my life
As much as everyone loved the 8s

I bought a pair; wore a few times for some league games and never wore them again

I might have no given them enough time but they didn’t feel that great

funny this is I wore the hell out of the 7s and those were the absolute worst

I only bought the inline colorway or whatever

sad thing is, I bought white/purple 4,5, 6 and 7 and they still haven’t released them...

concord 6s would be ****ing fire right now

61141368-FF73-4630-A53B-9333C7F6157C.jpeg

As much as everyone loved the 8s

I bought a pair; wore a few times for some league games and never wore them again

I might have no given them enough time but they didn’t feel that great

funny this is I wore the hell out of the 7s and those were the absolute worst

I only bought the inline colorway or whatever

sad thing is, I bought white/purple 4,5, 6 and 7 and they still haven’t released them...

concord 6s would be ****ing fire right now

61141368-FF73-4630-A53B-9333C7F6157C.jpeg
I'm in the minority, too, and with you: I think the 8 is one of the most overrated shoes I've ever owned. Not comfortable underfoot to me at all compared to the models with Zoom. Only pair I still own is the Xmas Lights, just because of the colorway. And actually, I love the way the 9s look, but I don't love that cushioning system, either. Even just walking around casually in them, my feet feel like they're stuck in quicksand at times.

Re: the concord 6s, I really liked my OGs ... until the white mesh beneath the scales started to yellow in spots. Then they looked like ****. Probably wouldn't buy a protro of them for just that reason.

I'm in the minority, too, and with you: I think the 8 is one of the most overrated shoes I've ever owned. Not comfortable underfoot to me at all compared to the models with Zoom. Only pair I still own is the Xmas Lights, just because of the colorway. And actually, I love the way the 9s look, but I don't love that cushioning system, either. Even just walking around casually in them, my feet feel like they're stuck in quicksand at times.

Re: the concord 6s, I really liked my OGs ... until the white mesh beneath the scales started to yellow in spots. Then they looked like ****. Probably wouldn't buy a protro of them for just that reason.
My feet sweat like crazy, mine yellowed like crazy but I was also playing 5 days a week at that time :lol:

but yea that’s one thing I hated was the yellowing otherwise I loved them

My feet sweat like crazy, mine yellowed like crazy but I was also playing 5 days a week at that time :lol:

but yea that’s one thing I hated was the yellowing otherwise I loved them
If it makes you feel any better, I only ever wore mine casually and I still got those yellow spots. It looked like I had dribbled piss on them and it had dried and stained them. Couldn't wear them once that happened. I think I donated them to Good Will LOL

I actually thought the Kobe 7 was pretty comfortable for casual wear. I tried to hoop in them once then switched out to Lebron 9. But casual was more comfortable to me than the 8.

I actually thought the Kobe 7 was pretty comfortable for casual wear. I tried to hoop in them once then switched out to Lebron 9. But casual was more comfortable to me than the 8.
I was excited about the 7s when we first saw early looks at them, but by the time they actually dropped, I didn't really care for them anymore. Didn't want another (almost literally) all-plastic shoe, and they started to look clunky to me. Combined with all the piss-poor reviews of them, I never bought a pair that year.

I love the ZK 1’s more than any other model in the line... I’m just a sucker for FLZ
I have to say, the Protro 1s are amazing. I bought two pairs of the Lakers (Final Seconds) colorway, and it's one of the shoes I wear the most around the house. The Zoom is excellent, and the materials and build are excellent, too. Not my favorite in terms of straight-up looks, but a great Kobe sneaker all around. With so many plastic and knit shoes in the line, it's nice to actually touch the 1s with your fingers LOL

All Stars should have a release date soon, my EYBL girls might get a couple pairs in very soon from Nike.
Yea I’m passing on grinches

very close to buying them but tbh all stars will get worn way more so I better get those but I already know I won’t

Yea I’m passing on grinches

very close to buying them but tbh all stars will get worn way more so I better get those but I already know I won’t
I’ve come to terms with probably not getting any Kobes for retail for a while. **** is lame.
At least the All-Stars will probably fetch less for resell, that’s the only thing keeping me optimistic

Still have both poison dart frog 7s.

Great design but the stiff upper and tight fit are not pleasant.

I loved 8s at first but casually I had a problem with the drop in insole squeaking too much. And no, baby powder or lotion didn’t work... I liked them for ball but experienced the lunar bottoming out, and then the squeaking made them a problem for casual. I’d still like to get the Christmas lights and purple fades when they come back though

I loved 8s at first but casually I had a problem with the drop in insole squeaking too much. And no, baby powder or lotion didn’t work... I liked them for ball but experienced the lunar bottoming out, and then the squeaking made them a problem for casual. I’d still like to get the Christmas lights and purple fades when they come back though
I should amend what I said earlier ... if they do a Protro 8 and put Zoom into it, I'd be down for the purple fades. Always regretted not buying them originally, just from a looks standpoint. Xmas Lights are my other faves and my OGs are basically brand new still. Not sure I'd buy a Protro pair, just because I think the Chaos V, Grinch, and Masterpiece 9s I also have worn only a few times are better executions of the "chaos"/xmas Kobe theme. But if they actually came with full Zoom, it would be hard to skip them.

I don’t think we get much of an upgrade tech wise on anything moving forward tbh. Id love to know why they couldn’t just full length zoom everything or at least keep front and back zoom and make them both turbo. Gotta figure it’s some sort of money reason. Typically is.

I HATE the drop-in midsole in the 8 and 9. I loved the looks of those shoes but never could play in them without my feet killing me. I would buy a retro/protro of the 8 Blue Snake though.

bert bert - played in mine last week. Had to glue the heel clips on last year but otherwise everything else is good.
372052DF-F080-4990-94F5-6E5AFD7627A9.jpeg

D49C1979-4A10-4C22-AE80-987433753E1A.jpeg

998F6E5D-649F-44D6-B1C9-A2CAA0E9A16D.jpeg
8B4F8540-B7B5-417A-81C4-BB5C35296359.jpeg
75AB375F-D111-423C-A304-F7AE4209C568.jpeg
F64F57A8-4D8D-46E3-84A8-966705CF12CE.jpeg
F0472C38-8833-4168-A8F9-0599A3DD4165.jpeg

My Kobe 7 game is crazy. I even have the Barcas. These are from my IG. I’ll update the thread with current pics later that done include me trying to crop my son out. BTW, most uncomfortable Kobe ever IMO. They’re dope tho.
You had to go a half size up for true comfortability

Back
Top Bottom