NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Upgrade the 8’s and 9’s w/ Zoom turbo and then we’re talking. Lunar just doesn’t do it for me anymore

Upgrade the 8’s and 9’s w/ Zoom turbo and then we’re talking. Lunar just doesn’t do it for me anymore
I use my XI Elite Low inserts when I play in the 8s and I added heel Zoom to all of my IXs from donor pairs. Both changes made massive improvements and allow me to play in pairs that I had previously given up on.

Would pass on all the 7s. If the 8s get the Protro tx, I’d love to scoop up the Purple Gradients and Easters!... and maybe the first cw too!

Last edited:
Seems like the only logical upgrade for the Kobe’s with drop-in midsoles would be react/zoom combo. ZoomX drop-in midsole would also be dope

998F6E5D-649F-44D6-B1C9-A2CAA0E9A16D.jpeg
F64F57A8-4D8D-46E3-84A8-966705CF12CE.jpeg

My Kobe 7 game is crazy. I even have the Barcas. These are from my IG. I’ll update the thread with current pics later that done include me trying to crop my son out. BTW, most uncomfortable Kobe ever IMO. They’re dope tho.

Christmas 8s fire 🔥
The Galaxy 7s gotta be one of the coldest Kobe designs ever :nthat:. Those are gonna be a problem Protro that colorway and fix the comfort.

I liked the 7’s. I ended up getting a pair of the black wolf grey joints from Ross back in 2014 for around $40 or so. I wore those things into the ground.

I enjoyed the Kobe 8 Elites Supernatural. Those were way more playable than the regular versions. There was zoom in the front and back. You couldn't really feel it but my knees didn't hurt afterwards.

Drop ins are comfortable but you can''t really play in them for too long imo.

I’m all for skipping the 7s. Not to derail the thread but the colorways were the only thing going for the 7 because the comfort was just not there for me.

In my opinion the 8, 6 and 5 are my favourites from a point of performance/ comfort. I wore the 8 the most, the black Elites were by far the best, so I can only agree with D_eezus! From the 8 I also had pretty much every colorway except for the python's, I also loved the WTK! The Nike Young BHM PE should have been released as well, just a crazy cool pair! If Nike would release the achilees Elite 8 I would probably triple up. Same goes for the amnesties! Both, especially the first one did define Kobe's career, of course the achilees pair in a sad way!

From the Vs I had the Blue pair (forgot the nickname) and both Big Stage colorways, the VIs the grinch and del sol pair.

The VII never did it for me had the ASG pair, but they felt like rocks, but if the protro them, I would give them a chance!

Maybe the reason why I might say the 8 is my all time favourite is just because of the design and this being the lowest low tops of the Kobe's and they weighed nothing. The only pair I still have are the Sulfurs all others were worn to the ground, the material ripped etc.

The IVs I did not appreciate much when they came out, but the UNDFTD Protros, especially the Suns pair are in my top 5 Kobe related!

I hope they will do UNDFTD Kobe VI PE versions again, like they did with the ZK1 and VIs! The idea with the Vs was nice, but I prefer what they did prior!

Half size up for the grinches? Gonna bite the bullet and pay resell tomorrow, 450AUD. I'm usually a retail or pass but I just can't miss out on this release like the OG ones.

edit: just found a great sizing post. thanks my man.

Shoe of the year 2020 for me and it’s not even close. I could care less about exclusivity most of the time. I absolutely love this shoe. Was never able to get the 2010 release because I was in college and broke haha.

311CFA09-AB34-45E9-94AB-55E5CE38654A.jpeg

Tried them on to see how sizing would be in case I had to size swap..

DA32FEF9-D69D-460A-8F8A-64F86C0251EB.jpeg BA36393D-68A3-4BD2-A2B5-E40EC24C2D13.jpeg C4C01A4F-A863-49A5-B5A0-0ACD07EA9E92.jpeg

I went with my usual Kobe size- 9.5. For reference, I wear a 9.5 comfortably in Kobe 8 and Kobe 9 Elite lows. I also wear 9.5 in Vapormax, flyknit trainers, flyknit racers, AM90, Yeezy 350 V2, and AJ3.—basically anything that runs tight.

I wear 9 comfortably in Kobe 9 elite highs, AJ11, GR AF1 lows, dunk hi’s, FOG1, AJ5, AJ6, and blazers.

A 9 in AJ1 will fit tight at the top of my foot near the toebox, and a 9.5 will have room at the toe. Same with AJ4– snug in a 9, but 9.5 is a little more loose but wearable.

I wear an 8.5 comfortably in timberland boots and chucks.

Tried to give a variety of shoes for reference there. Anyway, these grinches fit VERY snug at the toe (and this is technically my 0.5 size up that I got—I also threw on thicker Nike NBA socks). But it’s tight like at the top of the toe. Feels like snug padding. It’s not that my toe is jammed at the end of the toebox because I’d say I have about an index fingers width of room at the toe technically. I wouldn’t say it’s uncomfortably snug either, but it’s snug and there’s no give because of the material of the shoe. That being said, the rest of the shoe fits perfectly and I’m not sure if going up another half size to a 10 would remedy the snugness of the toebox, but rather would just make the shoe clumsily long on my feet. I’m not a 10 in any shoe at all. Maybe I’ll grab a 10 from GOAT to see and just return them if they’re too long and just eat return shipping price. .

Here’s a few quick shots of the Grinches alongside some of my other favorite Kobes. Grinch is a size 9.5. Mambacurial 8 is also a 9.5, and Masterpiece 9s are size 9. The masterpiece 9s had been my all time favorite kobe shoe that I at least owned, and now I think I prefer the grinches most. There’s just something about them I love.

4A507494-89C4-45FE-9081-F111EF9602F5.jpeg 53AE859F-D300-4974-9146-1159CEDF36BE.jpeg 1129192F-2885-49D5-ABAA-8D6D7732C750.jpeg 7802DE71-5EC6-4550-952A-5BE3F76C72E2.jpeg 458A885A-0C14-4029-8896-C79A660C21C8.jpeg

Last edited:
Stock numbers mean 0 especially when it's usually made up numbers. Dudes said they made 500k yeezy bred and would be "fairly easy" cop and if you read the yeezy thread A LOT of people took Ls on 10+ raffle entries. And resale on those is $120+ over retail in my size after all undercutting was finished.

I pray the stock on these is high so every Kobe fan can cop a classic but my brother got exclusive access and text me 5 min after he got the notification asking if I wanted and I said yes and he said my 10.5-11.5 was sold out (I'm an 11-11.5) so even the Exclusive access wasn't an easy cop for some sizes
They weren't fairly easy? I hit 10 pairs, nine from FLX stores. When I went to pick them up, employees were flipping through four of five pages of names to find mine. That's close to 200 pairs per store if there's 40 names per page. Few hit on YS but it looks like plenty hit on on the adidas app. Either way, supply was enough to drop the resale prices of the 2017 release from $800-$900 to $350-
$400. Those Yeezys also have way more universal appeal than Grinches so way more people wanted them.

Deed is done. Just shy of a rack for two size 14s. Whatever.

Honestly after the 8s retro (and maybe Lebron X) I'll probably duck out of this hobby, aside from a pair of Jordans here or there.

MAN WE MET VIRTUALLY YEARS AGO BACK IN THE KOBE 8 THREAD I THINK, BACK WHEN I WAS COPPING ALL THE 8’S.

PUT IT LIKE THIS... I SOLD 99% OF MY COLLECTION AROUND 2015-2016.... 2019 SUCKED ME BACK IN... AND IM BACK IN SEMI FULL EFFECT :lol: :lol:.

IM 34(WILL BE 35 THIS YEAR), ITS JUST A HOBBY THAT DOESNT GO AWAY. I HAD 11 PICKUPS IN 2020. IM NOT SURE HOW MANY I HAD IN 2019.

i dont understand whats the hype with the kobe 8 performance wise by all of you , they feel kinda weird on feet with that lunar sole , for me the best performance kobe was the 6 followed by the 7 elite , i still have the black/gold 7 elite that was superb for hooping ( the regular 7 was bad for hooping i totally agree)

I'll say it here.... along with the VIs page. Why cant Nike make Kobes again in Toddler sizes. I'm pretty sure all of us with little ones will def jump on that so they can rock out with us.

i dont understand whats the hype with the kobe 8 performance wise by all of you , they feel kinda weird on feet with that lunar sole , for me the best performance kobe was the 6 followed by the 7 elite , i still have the black/gold 7 elite that was superb for hooping ( the regular 7 was bad for hooping i totally agree)

I DIDNT/DONT HOOP. BUT THE 8’S ARE EXTREMELY COMFY, AT LEAST FOR ME.

Back
Top Bottom