NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Theres no actual evidence but it can be seen in the resell market, well at least for me. There wasnt any stunt of massive presale hype by resellers. On release day, there wasnt a large amount of resell listings. Once orders came in also wasnt a huge uptick as well and yes this is all comparing to the grinches. The heck FL had a reservation process for the grinches..... all stars didnt... they didnt even release them on said release date( did a quiet release without shedding any info to the masses) So that's my take on the production numbers. I feel they had the least of any of the rereleased models dating back to last year's releases.
Again, this is only evidence of one sneakers popularity vs. Another...it doesn't mean that Nike produced more and because Nike made more people decided that they no longer cared to have a pair.

I really don't subscribe to the narrative that the sneaker buying public is so fickle that they would be interested in a particular release, only to find out that there were more pairs available, and did a 180 on the release altogether.

Rumor has it there were about 12k pairs of trophy room Jordan 1s. I NEVER believed that if Nike made 250k pairs that one single person that was interested before, wouldn't be interested if the latter was the case.

Last edited:
an example of someone eating it up to get public support in their favor in order to increase their leverage
I agree that this could be the case. Especially because nike released their typical bland, backpedaling statement in retort.

1 billion over the next 50-70 years ain’t nothing to Nike and that’s a fact. 2020 revenue was what? 37 billion???

If Nike did mass GR or like a pre order system and you get your shoes in 2-3 months to cut out resellers and she gets paid that billion over the next 50-75 years....who’s really winning here....we are so we can actually attain his products that we hold to such a high standard.

If Nike strikes this deal youll also guarantee see a price hike as well.

Screenshot_20210420-073722_Twitter.jpg
Lifetime deal ≠ 1 billion dollars necessarily though.

Last edited:
show me one post where I said I’m worried about getting Kobes going forward. I’ve done jus fine with the ones I have
So you aren’t upset with the deal not being renewed, correct? Because I sure as hell am not. Vanessa seems to not be too upset either.

All Nike had to do was make Kobe products readily available.

Guess I'll have to make do with my FTB 8s, Protro 1s, and couple of Kobe ADs.

Kobes were the first Nike Basktball shoe that were an annual must cop for iDs that I can remember. Every year since the Kobe 4 I made multiple iDs. I really wished they put the Kobe line-up on iD - 4,5,6,8,9,10 whatever, 1 model during a limited time period and allowed the fans to recreate their favorite colorways or new colorway Kobes and order them so they can get their Kobe fix. That would've been much better than this limited release nonsense they've been doing since his death.

It really makes me sad to think this is the end of the Kobe line with Nike.

Who has numbers for Nikes current bball shoes, including the newer Jordan’s, not retros. Kobe shoes outsell any of those while they sit in outlets. I’m not jumping through hoops trying to get playoff P, kyrie, or Westbrook’s. Nike needed to up the numbers and make a full family size range for Kobe’s to please Vanessa. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t make sense not to. Cut some of those other lines once the contracts are up. Playoff P c’mon

1 billion over the next 50-70 years ain’t nothing to Nike and that’s a fact. 2020 revenue was what? 37 billion???

If Nike did mass GR or like a pre order system and you get your shoes in 2-3 months to cut out resellers and she gets paid that billion over the next 50-75 years....who’s really winning here....we are so we can actually attain his products that we hold to such a high standard.

If Nike strikes this deal youll also guarantee see a price hike as well.

This is a business though. They have shareholders to answer to.

Are they going to make money off the line? This ain't a charity.

bro we ain’t gonna sit here & pretend that everything Nike drops is great they got just as much if not more straight to outlet products that sell out instantly now.. Adidas might as well come on in .... I’m sure they will move just as much as Nikes do ...

but his entire Adidas line has been meh at best and was never in high demand.

and you can go and look at Dame, Harden and Spider and also see a lot of meh.

Who has numbers for Nikes current bball shoes, including the newer Jordan’s, not retros. Kobe shoes outsell any of those while they sit in outlets. I’m not jumping through hoops trying to get playoff P, kyrie, or Westbrook’s. Nike needed to up the numbers and make a full family size range for Kobe’s to please Vanessa. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t make sense not to. Cut some of those other lines once the contracts are up. Playoff P c’mon

No they don't

and they aren't produced in the same numbers.

They make far more Kyrie's, Lebrons and KD's.

Kids used to eat that KD and Kyrie line up. Wish KD would've stayed true to his early statements about keeping his shoes affordable for kids (I know that's marketing, but still).

If we keeping it a buck I saw way more KDs and Kyrie's in public during Kobe's last couple seasons. I've never really seen kids buying out the PGs but I'm sure there is a crowd for those too.

No they don't

How much money would Nike lose by doing an ID for the fans and make Vanessa happy with all Kobe fans getting a pair? Don’t they pay like cents on the dollar to the China factories? So you talk about pleasing shareholders, wouldn’t that make sense to create more and do a full family sizing? If they end up in outlets/on discount, I see a ton of Jordan’s/lebrons/kyries on discount too. It could be half off and Nike would still make money because it probably doesn’t cost a lot for them to produce.

How much money would Nike lose by doing an ID for the fans and make Vanessa happy with all Kobe fans getting a pair? Don’t they pay like cents on the dollar to the China factories? So you talk about pleasing shareholders, wouldn’t that make sense to create more and do a full family sizing? If they end up in outlets/on discount, I see a ton of Jordan’s/lebrons/kyries on discount too. It could be half off and Nike would still make money because it probably doesn’t cost a lot for them to produce.

Dude, they have to pay for materials, production, shipping, storage, employees....

It ain't that simple. It's like some of you are either too naïve to how businesses on their scale operate or can't take a step back and look at things impartially.

They can't say they missed their quarterly estimates, and say well we kept the Kobe line.

Revenue drops, what will they do? Start looking around at what's the least profitable parts of the company.

Kids used to eat that KD and Kyrie line up. Wish KD would've stayed true to his early statements about keeping his shoes affordable for kids (I know that's marketing, but still).

If we keeping it a buck I saw way more KDs and Kyrie's in public during Kobe's last couple seasons. I've never really seen kids buying out the PGs but I'm sure there is a crowd for those too.
Resellers would be EATING up his line at $95.
But Kids are still copping KD/Kyrie a lot of them go on sale at outlets in men’s and kids. so in a way he is.

PG’s i’ve seen as low as $49.97

I think kobe was trying to and just starting tap into the younger generation. A lot of his fans are older generations. so it kinda makes sense AND IS ****ING SMART AS HELL

Not only are you getting them now, you’re gonna get them again as adults.

Cant tell you how many things i’ve bought just because “oh i had these or wanted these as a kid”

Last edited:
Dude, they have to pay for materials, production, shipping, storage, employees....

It ain't that simple. It's like some of you are either too naïve to how businesses on their scale operate or can't take a step back and look at things impartially.

They can't say they missed their quarterly estimates, and say well we kept the Kobe line.

Revenue drops, what will they do? Start looking around at what's the least profitable parts of the company.
Please provide the insight then. Because I’m wondering why the least profitable parts aren’t the ones where Jordan 35’s and PGs are hitting half off at outlets. Pretty sure Nike loses a ton of money when something bricks and resellers all return that **** within the 30-60 day window.

I think the re-release of grinches showed how well an OG cw protro can do. Idk stock numbers but they would’ve sold out regardless. Dark knight 5, prelude pack cw’s, wtk cw’s, ftb would all do well. Or do IDs with no return policy since it’s a custom. Even non OG color Kobe’s will do well since fans just want his shoes. I know that I’d be willing to play in Kobe’s a lot more if they were accessible. Hell my 5 rings are pretty much done and it’s only been 5 months since I started using em.

No they don't

It doesn’t prove anything. Kyries, Lebrons and KDs all sit hard and go on discount/outlets. In 10 years, you think people will really be fighting each other trying to get Kyries or KDs?

Y’all bringing up the IV proto

what color ways exactly released that would sell out?

hell the V chaos sold out and were selling for $220 resell months after release

his death easier h
So I gotta blow $400 for a Kobe 6 asg??
i almost copped a pair last night but I know damn well they wouldn’t have shipped

trash all around

I don' t think it's fair to compare sales for the Protos before his death to now. We all know that shoes that were sitting get hyped and start selling and garner stupid resell prices.

We also know that outside of paying the estate, Nike isn't spending any money to develop Protros. (No, adding or subtracting a Zoom bag doesn't cost much) Like AF1s, Jordan Retroes, and other retros, this is pure profit. Add in the number of current NBA players wearing them, the shoe sells itself. Everything doesn't have to sell out. LeBron's certainly don't. Outside of limited edition pairs, no Nike basketball sneaker does.

Is this a business? Of course, but it was a business when they let Steph and Harden go too. Bet someone had to answer for those decisions.

And yes Khufu, I'm disappointed by this news. The name of the site is Niketalk, which indicates that most of us care (perhaps a bit too much) about Nike (and other) shoes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom